Chapter 1: Always together

Let me love you

"The moon is so lovely tonight", she forms a love shape using her both her thumbs and index finger use it as a binocular to capture the breathtaking scenery. She then move the binocular and focus to the person seating beside her at the beach. He seems so focused   that he did not realise her reaction. She keeps  doing the same thing until the binocular just few inches from her left face. Still he did not realise a thing. She smiles sweetly and slowly poke his left check.

He almost screaming when she did that. "You startled me Ji Hyo", he rubbed his chest. His spirit almost gone. "You get to raid that habit Gary oppa", she pokes his cheek again. If some one aims to kidnap me just now, he would have succeeded oppa. Then your reputation as professional bodyguard would tarnish", she holds his right hand and leans to his shoulder comfortably.

He shocked his head and move Song Ji Hyo's head from his shoulder. Her big eyes becomes widen as he never do that since they know each others.

"Sorry oppa, if I have hurt your feeling", she pouted.

"Sorry Ji Hyo..You are right, I have become careless lately", he looks at the night sky and sighed loudly.

"Anything bordering you lately, Gary oppa?", she grab his left hand and looks at him in the eyes. "You know that you can share your happiness, misery..whatsoever with me. You know that I am a trustworthy best friend of yours, right?", while keeps looking at his sorrow eyes.

"Nothing borders me Ji Hyo", he tighten his grips over her right hand. He cups her face, "Don't worry Ji Hyo...", then he kisses her forehead.

Ji Hyo return by kissing his left hand. "Don't lie oppa...I have known you since we are little", she kisses his hand again.

"It's because of the marriage, right?", she looks at him and hugs him tightly.

He doesn't know how to respond to her statement. She knows him like the back of her  palms.

Flashback:

"Mr. and Mrs. Kang, you didn't know how grateful I am for your son's brave action. I might lose my only child if he is not around", Mr. Song caresses the ten years old Kang Gary's cheek who is lying down on the stretcher. He injured himself while saving six years old Song Ji Hyo from running down by a car droves by a drunken driver.

Mrs. Kang's cry becomes louder than before. His only son is lying helplessly with bandage at his head. Mr. Kang then request Mr. Song to move away to other place.

"I am sorry Mr. Song. My wife is still in a shock condition", Mr. Kang looks at the hospital's floor sadly.

"Don't be sorry Mr. Kang. You and your family have not done anything wrong. In fact, I am the one who should be blame for your son injury", he shocks his head . 

"No Mr. Song. It is the God's will", he taps his back to comfort the billionaire who starts crying like a small child.

"I should not scolded her. Otherwise she would not run towards the main road and this accident could be avoided. It is my fault", he starts to bang his head to the hospital's wall.

"Please don't do that Mr. Song. Don't hurt yourself. Think about your daughter", Mr. Kang pulls Mr. Song aways from the wall.

"She will be devastated if she see you like this. If God will, my son will survive", he tries to hold his tears from falling otherwise it will devastated Mr. Song further.

"Papa...papa..papa", the voice of six years old Ji Hyo could be heard clearly from the hospital lobby. She runs toward her father who is still devastated on what has happened this morning at the front of his five stars hotel.

"Miss Song, could you give your father a few minutes to relax himself", asks the bodyguard beside him.

"Okey...", Ji Hyo steps away from her father and hugs her nanny.

"I am so so so sorry appa", she cry and hugs her nanny tightly. "Because of me that boy get hurts. Because of me, you get into this trouble", she keeps crying

Her nanny does not know what to say to the crying Ji Hyo. Instead she tighten her hugs and caress her head softly.

Suddenly some one carry her and caress her back lovely.

"It is okey Miss Song..everything going to be alright. Everything going to be alright..".

She lay her head onto the person's shoulder and sobs like six years old girl always do when they are sad.

"Honey....", Mr. Kang looks at his wife who is now wiping Ji Hyo's tears with a handkerchief.

"Like you said, if God will, our son will survive", she smiles to her husband.

Both of them hugged where Ji Hyo is in between.

Kang Gary has survived the operation to remove the blood clog in his left brain. However, there is a side effect. He may not be a bright boy as he use to be after the operation.

Mr. Song bears all the medical costs. Not only that, the Kang's family live together with him and Ji Hyo. He treats Kang Gary as his own son. Ji Hyo loves Kang Gary as her flesh and blood brother and Kang Gary loves her even more. They have not been apart since then.

Despite all the struggle, Kang Gary manages to finish his first degree with Song Ji Hyo in business administration though not a flying colours result as hers. His unexpected development proved the science could only predicts the future but the future is for the person to work hard for.

Every since their graduation, Gary has always by Ji Hyo's side not only as her brother but her bodyguard as well. Mr. Song has been receiving a lot of blackmails to kidnap his only daughter since she was in New York studying. Mr. Song has requested Gary to make sure that he will alway watch her and protect her as a big brother should do.

"Gary...I know you love Ji Hyo so much as a big brother. So, could I request you to continue love her that way until I could find a man that could love her and protect her like we do?", he looks at Gary one day when they just funish their dinner.

Both his parent look at him and nod in agreement with Mr. Song. They know that it is hard for him to agree especially the last part. After a while he nods in agreement though the request breaks his heart to pieces. He owns that man with his life. That man he calls 'papa' not only support him but also donate part of his heart to him when the doctor diagnosed his heart fails to function due to the impact of the accident.

He calms himself by explaining that the reason why he loves Ji Hyo so much is because his heart is Ji Hyo's father heart plus his own love to Ji Hyo.

"Thank you Gary. Your parent are so lucky to have you", Mr. Song looks at Mr. and Mrs. Kang and smiles sweetly. "I am even more lucky than your parent to have you as my only son", he suddenly cry.

"Papa...", Gary hugs him.

"I am the luckiest person to have two fathers and a mother....", he cries while tighten the hug.

"Not to forget...a little sister too", she hugs both men she loves the most.

Then the Kang's spouse join the hug.

"Papa, I will always love Ji Hyo until the rest of my life...as a big brother should do..It is a promise", he said to himself.

Two days after that day, Mr. Song calls Gary and Ji Hyo to his reading room. He explains to both of them that he has make a new will that will not be amended no more. He has inherited one third of his wealth to Gary and the remaining to Ji Hyo. He has formed a company specialising in providing bodyguard services for Gary. The first job was assigned to Gary to become the official bodyguard for his sister, Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo, I hope you understand. I do not have a son on my own. Gary is my son that I never have. He is the one and only. Treat him well as your brother", he explains to Ji Hyo.

To Gary, he said, "No one can ever break your relationship with me as my only son and with Ji Hyo as her only brother. Only death could break our relationship. What ever happen, as family we support each other. So, always remember that", he touches his head and then his chest. "My blood runs in Ji Hyo's blood vessel and my heart beats in your body, hence, both of you are my flesh and blood", he hugs both of them tightly. "As sibling, you must love each other as sibling should do".

Mr. Song knows that Gary loves Ji Hyo more than a brother. This is the only why that he could turn off Gary's one side love to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo already confessed to him that she loves Gary as a brother and nothing more.

"I will papa even it is hard for me to do that...but I will", Gary promises again to himself.

Back to present.

 He nods confirming Ji Hyo's assumption. "You barely know him Ji Hyo. You only met him once...I am afraid he does not treat you well. I heard he is workaholic. And you, my little sister, is an attention seeker", he pinches her cheek until its almost redden.
 
"It's hurt oppa. Papa chose him as my husband oppa and ....", she suddenly giggle.

"Stop Ji Hyo. Your giggle scare me. It is already mid night", he points to moon which is now surrounded by a few clouds.

"I think I falls in love with him at the first sight  oppa", she confessed. "If he doesn't have all his times with me, it is okey oppa. I wouldn't mind cause I could then spend my time with you", she smiles widely.

"You did? Your first love?", Ji Hyo's confession surprise Gary but not more than her last statement, which he ignores remembering his promises.

But he doesn't blame her to easily fall in love with Kim Jong Kook. Though he is not handsome like Song Joong Ki that Ji Hyo adores so much but he is manly handsome. That's what Gary's thought. If he is Song Ji Hyo, he probably fall in love at the first sight too. For the past twenty six years, he never seen Ji Hyo dating. All her times is with him. Her father or even him, never prohibit her to have male friends or even boy friend. She just   stick with him all the times. That could be the main reason why she has no boy friend. Even himself too. No woman dare to approach him. She will make a lot of things to push them away from Gary. He doesn't mind with it.

"Lets go home Ji Hyo. I don't want papa to get worry about you", he grabs her hand.

She pushes his hand away. "No! Papa knows I am with you. Like always....Lets us spend more time together oppa. You are gonna miss me soon...", she suddenly sad knowing she could no longer spent her entire day with him. He is always by her side for almost 26 years of her life. She does not know how to go through her life without him by her side. Without her realising, her eyes already forming tears and will drop in any second.

"Don't be sad Ji Hyo. Your wedding are two weeks away", he pats her shoulder realising her sudden change. He feels the same way as Ji Hyo. Their closeness sometimes make others thought they are lovers instead of siblings.

"Lets go home now, okey?", he make her favourite funny face of him.

"Hahaha...you really know me oppa", she grabs his hand and walk together to their car.

"Yes Ji Hyo. But my promises...ahhhh! Kang Gary! Don't break your promise! She doesn't    love you the way you love her! Her happiness is your happiness, right?", his heart comforting his mind.