1/1

Forehead

~ * ~

 

Jongdae wakes up to cold air circulating the room. Despite being under covers with another warm body lying beside him, the breeze caressing his skin still stirs him from slumber. He turns sideways and squints towards the window, watching the nearly transparent white curtain dance with the wind, the illumination from the moon bathing the room softly. He would have appreciated the dreamy feel if he isn't so sleepy.

 

Carefully extracting himself from the other’s hold, he rolls off the bed. Jongdae tiptoes towards the window to close it. Once done, he slightly leans his forehead on the glass, holding the curtain on the side with one hand. His sudden action of leaving the comfort of his bed causes his body to tingle in sensations, aching and sore. It reminds him of the strenuous activity he had engaged in mere hours ago.

 

He chuckles to himself, sighing at the memories of hot touches left on his skin. He peeks at the scenery outside. The city covered in early morning fog is beautiful but he’d rather be wrapped in the other’s embrace for now.

 

He turns back towards the bed and crawls under the covers once again, facing the other person who lays fast asleep beside him; the other person whose arms instantly drapes around his waist as if it is the most natural thing to be done. Jongdae feels warmth bloom in his chest. He is in love.

 

Sleepiness gone, Jongdae chooses to spend a few more minutes staring at the other’s serene face. Usually bright eyes are closed, a pout present on plush lips, feature surprisingly soft while in deep slumber, far from the playful and hyper one when they are awake.

 

Jongdae smiles, carefully lifting one hand to touch the other’s face. But halfway through, he changes his mind. Instead, smile turning into something more playful, his index finger finds the other’s forehead.

 

야 , he writes, stops, waits for a reaction. When there is none, he writes another one.

 

사 , a small sigh escapes the other’s lips but nothing else happens so he continued.

 

랑 , another short pause, another lack of reaction.

 

해--- a hand catches his wrist before he can finish the character, making him gasp in shock.

 

He expects a grumble or a groan, but not a kiss on the palm of the caught hand.

 

“I love you, too, but can we sleep for now?” the other’s deep voice rumbles, eyes remaining stubbornly closed. Another bout of warmth invades Jongdae’s chest, spreading through his entire body.

 

“Only if you cuddle me close,” he teases.

 

The other complies easily with a deep chuckle that sends shiver down Jongdae’s spine. Jongdae only has a short moment of appreciation towards how y it sounds when he is wrapped tightly in strong arms. A small kiss is rendered on Jongdae’s own forehead, too.

 

Oh, and does it feel wonderful.

 

Yep, Jongdae is in love.

 

~ * ~