1/1

Jinyoung Likes Bright Smiles

"Junior, what's your ideal type?"

 
The vocalist took a second, thinking over the question the interviewer had asked. Yugyeom, who was holding a microphone at the time, moved it up to Jinyoung's mouth.
 
The black-haired male was careful to choose his words as he answered, "I like those who have bright smiles."
 
The interviewer hummed in agreement as Jinyoung felt a pair of eyes staring at him. As he turned his head to find Mark, the owner of the gaze, the blonde shot him a stunning smile. The younger member felt butterflies in his stomach, but he quickly smiled back before averting his eyes. Jinyoung just hoped the camera didn't pick up his slightly red ears.
 
Mark was always initiating things between them. He would always pull the younger close to him, take his hand, and deliver loads of fan service when the cameras were around. But you'd think Mark would only act that way when that camera was on them, right?
 
Wrong.
 
Despite the older's shy and quiet appearance, Mark wouldn't hesitate to be extra friendly with the other members even off camera. Sometimes he would rest his head on Jinyoung's shoulders while the group watched a movie, or sometimes he would enjoy feeding the younger during meal times. 
 
Mark, however, didn't exclusively do these things to Jinyoung. No, he did them to all of the members. But that didn't stop the black-haired male from feeling special.
 
That didn't stop him from developing a crush on his hyung.
 
Jinyoung would try to initiate skinship with Mark sometimes as well, but that never seemed to work. The older would either be surprised and not go along with it, or just seem indifferent. 
 
But when Mark initiated things, boy.
 
If there was one thing that Jinyoung was grateful for, it was his poker face. 96% of the time, the vocalist would be able to brush off Mark's attempts of flirting(is that even what it would be called?) with minimal blushing. He was also good at stealing glances without anyone catching him. 
 
As long as no one found out about his little crush, they're relationship would stay awkward-free.
 
---
 
"Jinyoung hyung, what do you want for your birthday?" Bambam asked the vocalist, excited over what he should buy his hyung.
 
"For my birthday..?" Jinyoung glanced around the room. Him and Bambam, along with the rest of the Got7 members, were currently sitting in a waiting room, having a few minutes to just lounge until they had to film a broadcast. The black-haired male's gaze landed on Mark for a split second before he quickly moved it back to the Thai boy. "I don't really know."
 
That was a lie. Jinyoung did want something(or someone), but it was a little out of his reach for multiple reasons.
 
"You can't think of anything?" The Thai rapper seemed disappointed. "Alright, I guess you'll just have to be stuck with whatever I get you, then!"
 
---
 
The practice room was filled with noise as the Got7 members(excluding Jinyoung) sang "happy birthday." There was laughter, some streamers, and even a cake their manager had bought for the special occasion. 
 
It was a good excuse for a break from their intense practice sessions. They had been practicing the "If You Do" choreography all morning until their manager arrived with the cake.
 
"Thank you guys so much. And thank you hyung." Jinyoung addressed their manager.
 
"It's a special day, so enjoy it. But remember to keep practicing when you finish!" The manager smiled and began to leave the room as the members responded lively. The cake tasted delicious to Jinyoung, but maybe that was just because a certain blonde had fed him most of it.
 
Once they had completely wiped out the cake and had returned to dancing for a few more hours, the members ended practice and gathered their things. They filed out of the practice room, Jaebum leading the group. Before Jinyoung could step out of the room, however, he felt fingers wrap around his wrist and stop him. Turning, the vocalist saw Mark looking at him as if he had something he wanted to say.
 
"Hm?" Jinyoung hummed in confusion.
 
"Can we uh...," Mark paused, "can you just...help me with one of the moves?"
 
Jinyoung was slightly surprised by the question. If the blonde was having trouble with the choreography, why didn't he just mention it during practice? The younger, however, wasn't about to turn down an opportunity to spend more time with Mark. 
 
Jinyoung smiled, "Sure, what are you having trouble with?"
 
The older let go of the vocalist's wrist, taking a few steps back. "A lot..." He mumbled under his breath, too low for Jinyoung to hear correctly.
 
"What was that?"
 
"Just this one part of the chorus." The rapper responded, setting his things down and turning to face the mirror. Jinyoung did the same.
 
"Ok..." This was even stranger for the younger. Usually the group would learn the chorus before anything else because it was the most important part. Surely Mark new the chorus like the back of his hand? "Well let's just run through it together and you can stop me when we get to the part you're talking about."
 
Mark nodded and Jinyoung went to the computer to turn on the music.
 
The rapper, Jinyoung found out, had just been spewing complete bull. As far as the younger could see, Mark wasn't having any problems with the choreography. "Are you sure you're having trouble with this?"
 
"Oh..I guess I'm just better at it than I thought." He laughed cutely, making Jinyoung's heart skip a beat.
 
"G-good," the black-haired male mentally cursed his voice for faltering slightly, "well we should probably get back to the dorm. It's getting late."
 
"Yeah..."
 
Jinyoung turned the music off and grabbed his bag. As he turned around, however, he was surprised to see how close Mark had gotten to him. Caught off guard, the younger took a few steps back until he ran into the mirror-covered wall. But instead of moving away, Mark just stepped closer again.
 
"W-what are you doing?" Jinyoung's voice cracked softly as Mark took a final step right in front of him.
 
"I...I actually never had any trouble with the choreography." The blonde admitted. "That wasn't the reason I kept you here after practice."
 
"Then what-" Jinyoung lost his voice as Mark placed a hand against the mirror next to the vocalist's head and leaned in a little. He felt his face heat up and his stomach churn with nervous energy.
 
"I actually..." The rapper hesitated, seeming unable to form the sentence he wanted in his head. "I-I wanted to.." He paused again. Now he seemed nervous too.
 
Jinyoung bit his lip, feeling his cheeks burn hotter with each second that passed in silence. Without the younger even realizing at first, Mark leaned in a little closer.
 
Jinyoung could feel breath against his nose, and he noticed that Mark's gaze was no longer locked with his own. Instead, it was focused on something lower. The younger could only imagine how red he must have been in that moment.
 
Mark's lips gradually made their way to Jinyoung's. The kiss was gentle and slightly hesitant, but Jinyoung's chest was still threatening to burst nonetheless. But before he could stop himself, the younger leaned into the kiss, closing his eyes and reciprocating.
 
Mark's free hand found its way to Jinyoung's cheek and softly cupped his jawline, angling himself a little differently so their lips would fit better.
 
Much to the vocalist's disappointment, the moment didn't last forever. Mark pulled back way too early and stepped away from the younger, turning his head and scratching his neck awkwardly.
 
Jinyoung brought a hand up to his mouth, his middle and pointer finger resting on the lips that were occupied seconds ago. His eyes were wide, and he stared at his hyung with a completely flushed face. "W-what was th-that?"
 
It took Mark a little while to reply. His cheeks were pink as well, and he bit his lower lip in embarrassment. Jinyoung, however, found himself craving the taste of the older again despite their kiss only being seconds ago. "I-I guess I thought it would be easier to say this after I k-" The blonde's voice caught in his throat cutely and he quickly coughed to cover it up, "-after I kissed you..."
 
Mark took a deep(shaky) breath and boldly returned his gaze to the bewildered younger in front of him.
 
"I-I like you. I really like you." He took another breath. "I-I've actually always liked you...since before debut. Ever since we tried talking despite the language barrier. I just thought you were so cute trying to speak English..." Mark blushed at his own words, embarrassed. But he continued on bravely, "I know it's probably selfish of me to confess on your birthday, but would you please accept my feelings as a gift? I just couldn't hold them in any longer."
 
Jinyoung was dumbfounded. So dumbfounded, that he completely forgot to respond to the heartfelt confession that probably took forever building up the courage to finally say. The younger was only roused from his little dream world when Mark let out an embarrassed sigh.
 
"I-I get it, I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable. I'll just..g-go." The blonde quickly grabbed his bag, turning on his heel toward the door. Before he could move, however, Jinyoung finally sprang into action and grabbed the older's wrist.
 
"W-wait!"
 
Mark turned, surprise and a gleam of hope in his eyes.
 
"I-I'm sorry I didn't respond, I'm just..." The younger gulped, feeling the nervous butterflies in the pit of his stomach once again. "I'm just so happy. I...I like you too!" He finally spit out, the blush still remaining on his cheeks.
 
A look of shock was displayed on Mark's face, which soon melted into relief. The rapper dropped his bag and slipped his fingers between Jinyoung's, his adorable smile creeping onto his face. He leaned in and stole another kiss, catching the younger off guard for the second time today. This time, however, the kiss was more certain. Once Mark(regretfully) pulled away, he pressed his forehead to the vocalist's. "Happy birthday Jinyoungie."
 
Jinyoung was sure he couldn't have asked for anything better.
 
---
 
A/n: Hi guys!!! So I just HAD to write a markjin oneshot for Jinyoung's birthday(he is my ultimate bias after all) so I hope you'll accept this little fluff in substitution for an update to The Truth In Acting :') Also omg who's excited for the Mad album???? It can't just be me! Lol let me know what you guys think! Love yaaa!