SOFA

Song series: SOFA

In front of him was a heart warming yet heart breakingly cruel scene on sight. The sofa where he was currently sitting on, the spot was not sinking down by any bit although he was putting his whole body weight on it already. He was disappearing.

The glistening tear drop was barely hanging on to the corner of her eyes, she was all curled up like a vulnerable baby. She wanted to stay up the whole night, burning every details she sees into her mind as deep as they could possibly be. He knew she wanted to look at him for the one last night, however she was too tired to even sit up straight. But it is okay, at least he get to see her angelic face once more, that is more than he ever ask for.

 

-

 

SHe could not quite remember when did it started but in her memory, one day after school, she was just repeating her afternoon routine, spending hours in the starbucks cafe near by doing her homework. That was where she saw a boy with cute smile at the corner everyday. They would nod and exchange eyesmile but never had them heard of each other's voice before. One afternoon, boy was not there at his usual spot and that made her feel a little bit uneasy because it had been a kind of fixed scene she would see everyday without fail. she thought maybe he was out of the town.

Walking home through the dimly lit alley, she heard a faint and almost wanted to run away in fear. But it sounded too much like as if somebody was in pain rather than being a creep, that made her changed her mind. She fought back the strong urge to turn on her heels and it lead her to a seriously injured person lying beside a rubbish dump. That person seems too familiar for her to take him as a stranger. It was the adorable boy who she would always encounter in starbucks!

She gasped and quickly went over to squat beside him, tapping his cheeks lightly to check whether if he was still having his consciousness.

A strange feeling started brewing in her stomach and there was a voice in her head telling her that she can bring him home and will never get attack by him, because he is as kind as he seems on the outside, so she decided to follow her guts and take him home.

 

-

 

Memories of them spending in her house, blanketed with happiness and bliss for over 2 months was playing in her mind like a movie trailer. Everything happened so fast that she was not aware of the time speeding by.

to her horror, she realized that jimin did not get paler because he stayed indoor too much, he was indeed turning translucent as day goes by and it frightened her so much. of course he was scared too but it did not take too long for him to remember that he have to go back, back to where he belong whether he failed his mission or not. He does not belong to earth. he was upset, and irritated, but at the same time feeling grateful that he got to spend some time with  

He felt lighter and realize that the time is up and it is time for him to go. he calls out her name, wanting the last goodbye to be crystal clear.

she shouted "NO!" and desperately want to hug him so tightly. He took a big step and pulled her into embrace. 

1..

2...

3....

each second she could felt her arm hugging closer to her, and finally, she could no longer feel his physical existance in touch anymore. she burst out a loud, helpless cry. watching him fading away is killing her inch by inch. the feeling was worst tham getting kick in the stomach. it was definitely even more hurtful for him to watch her crying out in desperate and could do nothing to ease the aching of her heart. meeting her was a beautiful incident in his "life" and he was in no position to disobey any rule and law enforced on his species. now he had to leave with a scar engraved on his heart for as long as his memories could extend. painful, but worth it. 

 

-

 

white.

no boundary, no nothing.

just while.

light.

and black out...

[sounds of the high pitch tone ringing in eardrums]

She finally gained back her consciousness, just as any other heart broken girls you had seen in the movie, first thing she did after waking up was to carefully call out his name, looking around the apartment trying to catch a glimpse of his swaying backside, and only to break the stiff atmosphere with another cry of despair.

She blankly walk towards the sofa, where he was sitting at when she was knocked out after crying so much. slowly, in the speed of a slow motion video, she gently sit on the spot and touching the furniture with her trembling fingers.

Since then, she became a light sleeper, fearing that she would have missed his presence if she fall into deep slumber.

She tried to escape from these pain, but there she goes again, looking for his presence in the apartment unconsciously again.

 

I'm alone on the sofa where you used to be.

I couldn't sleep a bit, in case you came.

I'm just blankly staring at the front door.

I tried closing my eyes and covering my ears,

but the memories came back to me.

Will my heart stop if I hold in my breath?

Only my longing for you comes back.

 

I'm alone on the sofa where you used to be.

I'm here, waiting for you.

So far from my side, you're so far away.

I'm still not over you, only dust remains,

as I wait for you.

 

I coulnd't fill it up alone.

The longing that spread throughout the room,

I couldn't place it in my heart.

Because of that damn hope,

sitting here alone is bigger torture.

I tried to escape,

but I'm looking for you again.

 

Clutching onto her head, the blunt aching was being emplified in her head so she lied on the ground helplessly. A droplet escaped her eyes and glided over her pale complexion, fell onto the carpet and got absorbed away, leaving a slightly darker tint on it.

Slightly gasping for air, because her nose was blocked, an almost not audible murmur slipped from between her lips, "I tried to escape, but here am I, hah... Looking for you again......"