Lesson Thirtyseven

Interludium

After Taehyung found Jungkook, who had left to visit his family at his hometown and after he confessed to the younger one that he wants him to accompany abroad, Jungkook had invited him to his family's house. Jungkook's family lived at a small house. His parents live with the grandparents from the father's side. These days Jungkook's older brother lived there too. The furniture of the house was a mixture of traditional and modern elements. It wasn't as modern and luxury as Taehyung was used to it, but it looked comfortable. 
Taehyung felt really overstrained by the situation. He was used to Jungkook and his behavior already but he had never expected that the whole family was as crazy and messy as the youngest of them. They sat all around the table, while Taehyung and Jungkook explained them the plan about going abroad.
"Study abroad?!", the whole family shouted together in shock.
"Yes! So give me your retirement savings" Jungkook nodded smiling.
"No way!", his family shouted and started to throw things around, which gave Taehyung a huge shock. He never met a family like this before.
"How can you... the other day the seaweed machine exploded!", his mother yelled, throwing around old newspapers.
"Excuse me!", Taehyung shouted and tried to calm everyone down again, "EXCUSE ME!" Suddenly everyone stopped their actions and looked at the young man. "If it's about money, there are foundations that can support him."
"Really?", Jungkook's brother asked.
The mother kneeled down next to Taehyung. "Can he manage them?"
"I think so. Especially since he has a recommendation from abroad. As long as he can pass the exam there will be a foundation which will support him", Taehyung explained.
"WOW! Great! That's good!", a loud murmur went through the living room and the family started shouting around again but this time it was in excitement.
"So you will study more", Jungkook's grandma said happily.
And while everyone was giddy with excitement Jungkook's grandpa leaned over the table and stared at Taehyung. "That's good, but who are you?", he mumbled.
"Huh? You?", Taehyung titled his head and wasn't used to old people using young and impolite language.
But Jungkook didn't care, he knew his grandpa and he ignored the confused and little surprised Taehyung. He hugged the older one's arm tightly and leaned on him. "He's Kim Taehyung", Jungkook said and smiled shyly.
"He's Kookie's boyfriend", Jungkook's father explained, while Taehyung tried to get rid of the clingy younger one.
"Wow! His boyfriend?", Jungkook's mother shouted in happiness.
"Lies! He can't possibly have a handsome boyfriend like him", Junghyun said, causing his younger brother to pout cutely.
"Yes, it's a lie!", Taehyung tried to explain, "I'm just a friend from the same school!"
"Then why are you here?", Jungkook's father asked with a deep voice and looked at Taehyung, "What were you trying to do at the riverbank?!"
"What?", Taehyung asked.
"I saw you hugging Kookie tightly from behind."
"That was... um... it's like a soccer player hugging a team mate when a goal is made", Taehyung babbled embarrassed.
"He hugged you?", his brother asked Jungkook, who nodded with blushed cheeks. None of the family was listening to Taehyung. Once again they shouted around in excitement.
"Well done, Kookie!", his mother squealed like a fan girl.
"Bro, you made a point!", Junghyun added and Jungkook was clinging to Taehyung again.
"No...No!", Taehyung kept trying to explain himself.
"He said 'let's go to Europe together'!", Jungkook spoke and tried to copy the older one, "And he said he will never forgive me when I reject him again."
"I was talking about rejecting my invitation...", Taehyung babbled.
"So you invited him twice?!", Jungkook's mother asked curiously and interrupted Taehyung's explanation.
"Goal! Another point!", Junghyun shouted and jumped up hopping through the living room.
"A boyfriend and studying abroad! Spring has come!", the parents shouted in choir.
"Hey, bring some Soju! This is a celebration!", the father added and his older son quickly rushed to the kitchen.
"This family...", Taehyung thought, "They don't care about him schooling, piano or music?"
Jungkook's mother pointed with her finger at Taehyung and grinned brightly. "Taehyung-ssi, stay with us tonight, okay?"
"Eh?"
"I will let you try my cooking, brother!", Junghyun said.
"Brother?"
"Now we're officially a couple", Jungkook grinned.
Taehyung's eyes grew big. He had never expected anything like this to happen. He couldn't deny that he liked Jungkook more than a friend, but this family was too much, although it explained everything to Taehyung how Jungkook became the way he was. The whole night they ate and drank and the whole family sang around.

At the same time in Seoul Yoongi was about the leave the academy. He was practicing alone by himself for a couple of hours and when he was on his way back home, he noticed that it was night already. Since it was winter it was getting cold. "It's so beautiful but it's so cold", Yoongi talked to himself when he walked along the street. The trees were decorated with blue and silver lights, which lightened up the area around the academy. 
Yoongi was passing the trees as suddenly an arm hold a cup of tea towards him. He turned around and saw Jimin, who was waiting for his boyfriend. "Eh? Jiminy!", Yoongi looked a bit confused at the other one, because he hadn't expected Jimin to come. "Thank you." The blonde boy took the warm cup of tea and took a sip. "Were you waiting for me?"
"Not really...", Jimin said and smiled lightly, "Isn't it unusual for you to be the last one to leave?"
"What about you? Are you ready to dance your solo?", Yoongi asked smiling.
"Of course! It's my favorite."
The two of them started walking down the street together. "Passionate, lively and dynamic... I think it suits you extremely well", Yoongi talked and took Jimin's hand.´, "It's also appropriate for our last performance!"
"But what about the talent scout?"
"We don't know what he wants yet, so...", Yoongi spoke and stopped, he turned to Jimin looking at him, "Let's make it a definite success." Then Yoongi pulled Jimin close and hugged him tightly. "I... will do my best in Korea. I will do my very best! Then someday when you return to Korea I will compete with you to be group leader. Be prepared!" Jimin just nodded because he didn't know what he should say, especially when Yoongi cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips softly.

The next morning Taehyung woke up in the guest's room of Jungkook's house. He had no clothes to change but he used his chance to take a shower when everything was quite in the house. When he came out, dressed, he kept drying his hair with a towel. He passed Jungkook's room, where he noticed the grand piano, which stood in the middle of the room. He entered the room, when Jungkook wasn't around. He let his fingers wander over the keyboard, producing a clear sound.
"Ah seonbae", Jungkook said when he found Taehyung in his room, "Grandma says breakfast is ready."
"Okay."
"Why are you in my room? It's a bit embarrassing", Jungkook mumbled shyly while entering his room and sat down on his bed, "Oh, seonbae, which country are you going to?"
"London, I guess. We have a house there, where we used to live in", Taehyung said. He looked at Jungkook, who looked down. "Actually...", Taehyung thought while observing the younger one who was playing with a cuddle toy, "I was thinking either London or Paris... I had no idea that you'd end up going to Paris..."
"Is London close to Paris?", Jungkook asked curiously.
"Huh?"
"Close enough that I can come eat with you after school?"
"To eat?", Taehyung asked confused, "That's out of the question! It's like Seoul to Daegu, you know. A bit more distanced actually. About two hours by train."
"Then, what about living halfway between Seoul and Daegu... somewhere like Daejeon?"
"What are you thinking about?"
"Let's look for a way for us to live together", Jungkook babbled happily and hugged Taehyung's waist from behind, "Our honeymoon is about to begin..."
"No, it's not a honeymoon!"
"You will soon miss me, don't you", Jungkook pouted, "We've nurtured out love quite enough while we were apart."
"We haven't."
"Then, why did you come here?", Jungkook frowned cutely. He waited for Taehyung's answer, but he didn't know what to say because he just didn't want to admit that the younger one was right.
"For... Baseball...", Taehyung mumbled.
"Baseball season is over!"
"Training camp, then..."
"There's no training!"
"You... What about piano?", Taehyung asked back, "Have you been practiced? If you don't pass the exam, you can't go anywhere, you know!"
"I know...", Jungkook whispered and turned away, while he was playing with his fingers.
Taehyung laid his hands on Jungkook's shoulders and turned him gently back. Then he laid his hand under Jungkook's chin to lift it up, making the younger one look at him. "You have to pass... don't let me go alone...", Taehyung whispered and leaned forward. Jungkook was slightly blushing before Taehyung even could lay his lips on Jungkook's. The younger one slowly closed his eyes and laid his head aside to deepen the kiss. 
"Kookie!", the grandma called for her grandson from the kitchen and Jungkook pulled back from Taehyung. He blushed madly and looked down to hide his red face from Taehyung, who also looked awkwardly away.
"We should return to Seoul", Taehyung said after clearing his throat.
"Why?"
"You have to practice for the exam."
Taehyung started to pack their stuff because he wanted to return as quickly and as soon as possible but when he was about to carry some of Jungkook's bag to the door, the younger one's father appeared. "Where are you guys going?", the man asked, who hold a big plastic bag with a fish in it in his hand.
"Ah, sea bream", Jungkook yelped happily, "It's so big!"
"Isn't it? I got it for lunch", Jungkook's father smiled.
Taehyung explained that they had to go back to Seoul quickly, so Jungkook could prepare for the exam. But the man stopped the two from leaving, because he wanted to have a talk with Taehyung first. He invited the two of them to give them a ride to the beach and show them around the town. When they arrived there Jungkook rushed to the stones and sand near the water, while Taehyung stayed back at a small platform.
"We harvest out seaweed over there", Mr. Jeon explained but while he was looking through a binoculars, "Come here, take a look!" He pushed Taehyung to the field glasses so the young man could look through it.
Taehyung felt awkward and when he slowly turned around he noticed how Jungkook's father was staring at him. Taehyung turned away, while the man hesitated to talk to him, because the father didn't know what he should say. "Please don't say, 'take good care of my son'...", Taehyung said.
"No, it's not that... Will he really be alright studying abroad?"
"Huh?", Taehyung wasn't sure if he understood it right and walked over to the man, leaning against the ceiling.
"Kookie started the piano at age of five. It was when I was still working in an office in Busan", the man told Taehyung, who looked from the man to Jungkook who was jumping around on the stones at the beach, "There was a music academy graduate in the neighborhood. We could always hear the sounds of the piano. Jungkook loved her piano very much, so he visited her often. In just a short time the lady rushed over in total astonishment, telling us to get proper piano lessons for him. So we enrolled him in piano classes taught by a famous piano teacher in our neighborhood. Then again very soon he came over to tell us to take Jungkook abroad ASAP... However, around that time, Jungkook started acting strangely. Because his new teacher gave extremely strict lessons, Kookie became unwilling to attend the lessons. One day an incident happened. He made a mistake and the teacher yelled at him and slapped Jungkook's hand, so Jungkook bit his hand. Thereupon the teacher slapped Jungkook in the face... Jungkook came home with his nose bleeding and teary. Although he apologized profusely, from that day on Jungkook hardly played the piano. Just like the way he was until you came yesterday. Perhaps, he's not meant to pursue music? To be a professional pianist... is far from just playing for fun, right?"
Taehyung nodded lightly and looked at Jungkook, who was walking along the beach. Now he understood everything. Why Jungkook blocked the strict teaching way. Why he used to play for fun only. "A wound inflicted from childhood...", Taehyung thought and just looked at the younger one. 
"He will be fine", Taehyung said after a while and stepped a bit forward, "In spite of all that, he's still playing the piano, isn't he? In the end, whether the teacher was strict or not, if you're not good, you won't make it. Just because you want to become pro, it doesn't mean you can. That's how this world works. Whether he will succeed or not, no one knows yet. Neither I can say it yet. But I really love his piano!"
"You... you love him that much?"
"Huh?"
"My son!", Jungkook's father spoke and hugged Taehyung tightly.
After Taehyung was able to get rid of Jungkook's father. The man let Taehyung and his son stay alone for a while. The two boys walked hand in hand along the seaside promenade. Taehyung liked it and he was kind of glad that Mr. Jeon held them back from leaving immediately. But Taehyung also knew that they had to go back quickly because Jungkook needed every day to practice and prepare himself. Also Taehyung needed time because he had to pack and prepare for his year abroad as well. But for the moment he just enjoyed the moment with Jungkook, after that there was still enough time to worry about other things. Taehyung knew he might worry too much but he wanted Jungkook to go abroad with him so badly. He didn't know what he should do when Jungkook won't pass the exam. Then they would have to wait for each other for one year, which is a long time and Taehyung didn't want to wait anymore.