FINAL

Take My Heart Back

She watched her loved one sleeping. Her cold fingers touched the warm cheeks of that one person who caught her heart in a beat. She sighed softly in the silence but nobody could hear it. Her fallen tears could never be felt and her presence was lingering in the shadows.

But yet, despite the chillness of her own soul, she could feel the warmth of her loved one; enveloping her senses together. Love, is still there but yet she’s unable to show it anymore.

The day she vanished was the same day her soul died. It was never her intention to leave. She was angry; she was really frustrated because her loved one couldn’t understand her. She just wanted to walk away in a fit of anger but it had never come across her mind that she was going to be gone forever.

She glanced around the room; boxes and boxes of clothes, books and other knick and knack that her loved one has packed. White cloth was spread all over the furniture and at the corner of the room; photos of her and her love were sprawled all over the floor.

Her love didn’t pack them.  She stared hard at one particular photo. That first picture they took after they finally got together after so many years. That triggered many emotions but she, being a soulless body, she couldn’t cry at all.

Only that sad smile she wore on her face; her sorrows she felt and regrets she had when she remembered the day her love cried for her.  

Suddenly she heard rumbling from the room.

Her love was at the doorway of their bedroom. The eyes were downcast as tear streaks were evident on her cheeks. Her love had been crying and she knew it was because of her; those tears fell.

Her love ran her fingers on the covered furniture as she looked around wearily. The teary eyes were showing again and her breath hitched. 

She watched as her love one was slowly approaching her.

Her love one sat carefully on the floor; picking up that same photo she was staring at earlier on.

A smile plastered on her love one’s face; with tears trickling from the corner of her eyes.

And then she heard her love sang in her quivering voice.

It'll be alright
You said tomorrow
Don't you cry. Don't you shed a tear.
When you wake up I will still be here.
When you wake up we'll battle all your fears.
And now I'll...

Take my heart back.
Leave your pictures on the floor.
Steal back my memories.
I can't take it anymore.
I've cried my eyes out.
Oh and now I face the years.
The way you loved me.
Vanished all the tears.

Just a little more time was all we needed.
Just a little time for me to see.
All the light that life can give you.
Or how it can set you free.
So now I'll...

Take my heart back.
Leave your pictures on the floor.
Steal back my memories.
I can't take it anymore.
I've cried my eyes out.
Oh how i faced the years.
The way you loved me.

Vanished all the tears.

 

She missed that soothing voice.

She missed the way her love would comfort her while singing sweet love songs.

She suddenly remembered all the things they used to share.

Their love.

Their relationship.

Her promises.

Her heart.

She finally remembered them.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to make you worry for me. I could never forget you. I could never move on from you.  And I know you used to say. Even if we’re not here together, you’ll always stay in my heart.”

Her love whispered softly.

“Forgive me, sweetheart. I have to put everything behind me now. I cannot keep staying in your shadow. And I know you would prefer me to do so. I know I’ve been making you worry for me all this while.”

Her love’s breathing hitched for a second.

“Moving on is never easy. I tried but I can’t. I have to leave this place. I know we have made plenty memories in this house but I think it’s time to take my heart back; my memories and live anew somewhere. You have become a part of me. I’ll be stronger than before. I’ll hold you in my heart. And when I finally manage to look back without tears in my eyes, I’ll return.”

Her love smiled as she closed her eyes.

“The way you loved me will help me remember. The way your arms wrapped around mine will keep me safe and sound. And I’ll love you. I love you until the end of my time.”

Her love one placed the photo back on the cold hard floor. She stood up; pulled a coat from the dining table and her hand held the front door knob. She pulled the door in and then turned to look for one last time.

“Please, rest in peace. Please remember me. And I will always remember you for the rest of my lifetime.”

Her love took a deep breath and then whispered.

“I love you. I love you so much, Jessica Jung.”

-

She stood there, emotionless. The emptiness greeted her. She took one last look and then she finally understood.

Her love can feel her presence.

Her love cannot live without her.

And she has been living quietly beside her love.

And that hurt her love so deeply inside.

She understood.

And she was not mad at her love.

She knew she had to go.

She knew she cannot linger anymore.

“Goodbye, Tiffany. I love you too.”

She smiled sadly.

“Hope you’ll find someone you love.”

With that, she faded into the background.

And left silence in the empty house with memories buried with time.

-