final

Fangirl

 

 

 

 

August 15, 2015, Irene has been waiting for this day, since her favorite girl group, "Dumb Velvet" is coming back finally! And this day is special since the group is releasing their first full length album "WE R DUMB"

 

 

 

The 5 months of saving money and eating less is worth it, Irene thought. She saved enough money for this come back and she just ordered 20 copies of Dumb Velvet's album.

 

 

 

It was midnight and she's watching the music video of the title track "Just Dumb" for the nth time and she can't take off her eyes from Wendy, the leader and the main vocalist of the group that Irene really loves, she even claimed Wendy as her 'wife' and in Twitter when she saw some fans arguing, saying that they own Wendy, she's going to fight with them until the enemies gave up. She's always the winner at the end though.

 

 

 

It's D-Day and Irene is still awake, its only 3 am and she can't sleep. She's excited because she's going to attend the fansign event of Dumb Velvet and she's going to see her crush, she blushed just imagining meeting Wendy face to face and the thought of shaking her hands with her.

 

 

 

 

 

Irene waited for 2 hours before Dumb Velvet arrived and she wasn't able to see the group since they entered at the back stage. The lights were off, Irene and the rest of the fandom were startled. When they saw a spotlight on the stage, everyone screamed and some even cried. The members of Dumb Velvet went out one by one: Yeri, Joy, Seulgi and last but not the least, Wendy.

 

They introduced themselves. Performed the new track. And started the fansign. Irene can't process what's going on. It's her turn and her heart is beating faster than the usual. When Yeri, Joy and Seulgi signed her album, it seems fast but when she's walking towards Wendy, she can feel the time stopped.

 

 

 

"Hi" Wendy said and flashed her charming smile to Irene.

 

"...." Irene can't say something. She doesn't realized that she started crying making Wendy stood up from her seat wearing a worried look. She nudged Irene's shoulder and that made Irene looked at Wendy.

 

"Are you okay? Do you want anything?" Wendy asked, handling her a bottled water.

 

I'm not okay, and yes, I want you to be my girlfriend, Irene said in her mind. She shakes her head and smiled at Wendy. Which made Wendy relieved, she thought that the latter will faint because her face is red and she's sweating a lot.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Joo...  Joohyun" Wendy took the album from her and signed it. Irene was about to say something but this manager (Jinuk) who really looks like Voldemort in person, pushed her away saying that her time is up.

 

Irene was dumbfounded when she was dragged outside the event. SHE WASN'T ABLE TO TALK WITH WENDY AND SHE FORGOT TO LET HER SIGN THEIR MARRIAGE CONTRACT. But there is another chance tomorrow and she will make Wendy sign the marriage contract she created last night.

 

 

 

Irene went home feeling devastated. And she fell into deep slumber once she flopped her body on her bed.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The next day, the fansign is going to be held at Coex Artium. Irene went early, hoping to see the group enter the venue this time, but she failed again.

 

She waited 2 hours and she wasn't as lost as yesterday, she's confident this time. She prepared herself and the things she's going to say to Wendy, and of course their marriage contract too.

 

She was drinking her favorite drink when the group came out, she jumped out of surprise and spilled her drink on that GOD DAMN PAPER BAG which contains the gift she's going to give the group. Yeri's squirtle toy is safe since its covered with plastic, same with Joy's chicken stuffed toy and Seulgi's Beyonce pillow except the most important thing ever, the thing she's going to give to Wendy, their MARRIAGE CONTRACT. 

 

 

 

Irene cursed under her breath and she pulled her hair out of frustration, she almost shouted but its her time to meet the members again. After giving the gifts to the members, she frowned when she realized she has nothing to give to Wendy.

 

"Hello!" Wendy beamed, wearing that smile again.

 

"I'm sorry, I was clumsy that I spilled my drink on the gift that I was supposed to give you" Irene said looking down, not meeting her eyes with Wendy's.

 

"It's okay you know, " she heard Wendy chuckled. Irene lifts her head to face Wendy.

 

"Where's your album? I need to sign it so you won't feel bad anymore" Irene handed her the album and Wendy took it.

 

"What's your name?" Wendy asked while signing the album.

 

"Hyun." Irene replied looking at Wendy's beautiful features.

 

"How old are you?" Wendy looked up to face her.

 

"I'm older than you." Irene was starstruck to see Wendy's face this close. She wonders why the latter doesn't believe when her fans praised her beautiful face.

 

"Oh, unnie? Hyun unnie, here you go! Thanks for coming today, don't feel bad okay?" Wendy said and gave Irene the album.

 

She smiled and was about to go when she heard Wendy called her name.

 

"Hyun unnie! Cheer up!" Wendy said and does this aegyo called "bbuing bbuing" (hahaha lol)

 

 

 

Irene went home, smiling at the thought of Wendy doing aegyo with her. She knew that the latter doesn't want and is not good with aegyo, even though it failed at least Wendy tried and it made Irene happier despite of her clumsiness a while ago.

 

She sighed when she remembered the marriage contract. Maybe they are not destined for each other, Irene thought. She sighed again and forced herself to sleep.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Its the 3rd day of the fansign and Irene woke up early and thought of the things she wanted to say or do later. She took a bath and went to the venue right away. She arrived 30 minutes before the event will start, she inhaled a lot of air and sighed it all out. She will do something later that will make her fangirl life memorable.

 

Dumb Velvet came out, they introduced themselves and started the fansign as soon as they can because after this, they will go to shoot a cf for Pepero that is why they are in a hurry. 

 

It was so fast that it was Irene's turn this time, she let Yeri signed her album and she gave a gift to her, same with Joy and Seulgi. When it was the time to meet Wendy, she was the one who talked first.

 

"Hi Wendy!" Irene said as soon as Wendy looked up and smiled at her.

 

"Hello, what's your name?" Wendy took Irene's album and stared at her for a while, maybe she's starting to recognize Irene, but she looked away.

 

"I am Irene." Irene replied slowly. Wendy looked at her again, staring at her face! "Is there anything wrong  with my face, Wendy?" Wendy shook her head quickly and smiled awkwardly at Irene.

 

"Hmm, can I have a favor?" She asked softly, its almost a whisper but Wendy heard it.

 

"What is it?" Wendy looked at her again.

 

"Lets play the staring contest" Irene said making Wendy stare back at her with confusion written all over her face but she smiled and nodded her head.

 

Irene leaned towards Wendy and stared straight at her eyes, Wendy does the same and she feel a lump on . She never met a fan as beautiful as Irene before. She knew that she saw Irene blushed and looked away, she also felt her cheeks burning at the close proximity of their faces a while ago. It felt awkward but Wendy acted like it was nothing.

 

"Haha! You lost Irene!" Wendy chuckled and Irene frowned at her. "Hehe, I am sorry but there is always next time though!"

 

Irene smiled at Wendy and took her album. They bid goodbye to each other and Irene was being assisted by Voldemort, she meant the manager! 

 

When she arrived at her home, she can't believe that she did her plan smoothly, not causing any trouble. And the thought of Wendy's face close with her made her squealed. She really is in love with Wendy now. 

 

She fell asleep and her smile remains on her face.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The 4th day came and sadly it will be the last day of the fansign. Irene wasn't even prepared for this day, she doesn't know why. She woke up late and she arrived at the venue just in time.

 

She saw Dumb Velvet doing their introduction already. She just stares at Wendy, wondering if she interacts with her fans like how she inteacts with Irene. Well, Irene's not special though, she's just one of them. So when it is her turn she went straight to Wendy, not minding the other members. The staffs, fans and Dumb Velvet doesn't noticed it too. 

 

 

 

"Hello Wendy" Irene said again. Wendy looked up and she smiled at her.

 

"Its you again! Hmm, Irene right?" Wendy said tilting her head to the side.

 

Irene was shocked, her jaw dropped just because her crush a.k.a Wendy Son, recognized her!

 

"Y-you... You remember me?" Irene asked, still can't process what is happening right now.

 

"Of course I do! You're like the prettiest Dumb Velvet fan I have ever seen in my entire life!" Wendy thought. 

 

"Yeah! So where will I sign?" Wendy asked Irene, waiting for her to give the album.

 

Irene gave it to Wendy. She watched as the girl signed her name at the album not forgetting to put a smiley at the end.

 

"So.. uhm..." Irene started, she doesn't know if she should continue her favor or what.

 

"Yes?" Wendy asked while looking at her.

 

"Can you sing me a song?" 

 

"Sure, what song do you want?"

 

"Anything will do." Irene said and Wendy nodded, clearing .

 

She held Irene's hands and stared into her eyes before singing. It made Irene flinched a little but was relieved when Wendy caressed her hand to reassure that its okay.

 

"I don't know but I think I maybe

Fallin' for you dropping so quickly

Maybe I should keep this to myself

Waiting 'til I know you better

 

I am trying not to tell you

But I want to

I'm scared of what you'll say

So I'm hiding what I'm feeling

But I'm tired of holding this inside my head

 

I've been spending all my time

Just thinking about you

I don't know what to do

I think I'm fallin' for you

 

I've been waiting all my life and now I found you

I don't know what to do

I think I'm falling for you."

 

 

After the song she looks at the blushing girl in front of her. She also feels her cheeks burning, that's when she looked away and retreated her hands away from Irene's. 

 

"Security!" Wendy shouted startling her members and Irene.

 

"Get this girl away from me! She held my hand tigthly and threatened me!" Irene can't believe what is happening now, she was being dragged by two giants. She saw the girl talking with their manager while pointing at her. She wondered why Wendy would make such things and would accused her things she hadn't done. :(

 

-

 

Once she was released, she thought what is she doing here, at the backstage.

 

"Just wait here, Wendy's going to talk with you"  One of the guards say and they left her there.

 

"Oh now, she wants to talk with me? What is wrong with that girl?" Irene muttered under her breath. She is annoyed how Wendy is so random.

 

 

 

"Ugh.. Hey?" Wendy said, looking anywhere else but not Irene, she's standing there scratching her nape.

 

Irene turned to see her and walked towards Wendy. What Irene did made Wendy (including me) shocked. Oh God, she just slapped Wendy on the cheek! (ouchy)

 

 

 

Instead of getting angry, Wendy controlled her temper. She bowed apologetically to Irene.

 

 

 

"Can you at least let me explain why I did that?" Wendy said in a calm tone. Irene raised her right eye brow while she crossed her arm.

 

"Shoot."

 

"Okay so, I don't know either why I did that! Well I have a reason but hey, uhm I remember you! During the first day of the fansign, I already recognized you! Then the second day, you came and I saw you again! And yesterday, when I was studying your features I knew it was you but I just thought to myself that you are so pretty! And now, I just sang you a song while I am holding your hands and looking into your eyes! I mean, I don't know! This feeling is strange! I never felt this before and its funny to think that out of all people, I will like a fan, ugh I never said that I regret liking you but you are the prettiest Dumb Velvet fan I have ever seen in my entire life and I am sorry if I am stupid, I just-" Wendy's words were cut off when Irene interrupted her.

 

"Just go straight to the point."

 

"I like you, okay? I don't know when this feeling started but it came in like a wrecking ball. I did that because I only want to meet you, only you, alone, in a private place, with just us two." Wendy said and her statement made Irene's eyes wide, and she just realized what she said.

 

"Y-you like me?" Irene asked carefully.

 

"Haha, not expecting that a Wendy Son will swing this way?"

 

"No! I was not expecting that a Wendy Son will like me, a girl like me!"

 

"Well, I really do like you. I just want us to get to know each other more? And have a coffee or something? My treat since I just embarrassed you in front of the fans."

 

"Funny how you think that the feeling is mutual huh?" Irene chuckled.

 

"Oh yeah, I am sorry. Don't mind me I am just-" Wendy felt embarrassed, she bowed her head and was about to leave when Irene said something again.

 

"But a cup of coffee would be nice! You really owe me one since I was really embarrassed a while ago." Irene said and Wendy smiled at her.

 

"That means 'yes' right? And you like me too right?" Wendy was blushing (holy ) excitement is evident in her voice.

 

"Uhuh. But... I- I just don't l-like you tho. Hmm. Call me crazy but ever since you were just a trainee, I... f-fell in love with you." It was now Irene's turn to blush, she just confessed her feelings to Wendy (oh my god)

 

Wendy close the distance between them and places her lips on Irene's. It was a sweet and gentle kiss but they have to pull away when air is needed.

 

 "Call me crazy too, but what I felt when I first saw you is not just a crush. I don't believe at 'love at first sight' but then I met you, so..." Wendy said while cupping Irene's cheeks.

 

"Cheese balls. Lets go get that coffee you're talking about! If we continue this, maybe it will lead into something else." Irene smirked and that made Wendy's hormones gone wild.

 

 

 

"Okay fine. Lets continue this later at home!" Wendy said and puts her arm around Irene and pulled her closer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

AHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY