1/1

That's the way I love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Author's note: I'm sorry, I accidentally uploaded the incomplete version. 

Please re-read & enjoy this, not the embarrassing draft. :)[/CONTENTID1]

 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

"Minguk-ah! Come down for dinner in 5 minutes. I've cooked your's and your Appa's favorite dish!"

 

Irene, Minguk’s mother called out to her son as soon as she noticed her husband, Mino, had arrived home from work. As usual, he would greet her in the kitchen, hugging her from behind and planting a kiss on the tip of her head. It was sort of his homecoming ritual. A smile grew immediately onto his face upon the sight of his favorite dish. To say his wife is an excellent cook is not an overstatement; Irene makes tofu stew like no other. It’s hard to believe even though she always insisted that there was no secret recipe to it.

 

"Yeah! Omma, only one more question to go."

 

Mino took a whiff of the smell of his favorite dish before he crashed on the leather sofa, stretching his arms wide in the air to get rid of the tiredness. Soon, the silence in the common area was filled with the sound of his tapping messages.

 

"How was work?" Irene placed the heated dishes on the table and took the chance to glimpse at her husband, not getting an instant reaction out of him. She noticed he was a little indifferent and quiet today. Normally, he will greet his son once he arrives home.

 

"Ah no, it's nothing." Mino responded once his eyes caught the sight of his wife checking up on him.

 

Could be about his boss again. Irene thought to herself as she turned around and seated her son. Mino joined them at the round table, ruffling the hair of his son making him chuckle. The young parents grinned as they heard the priceless laughter filling the dining area. Soon, the family settled down for a prayer, saying their graces for the delicious food set upon them.

 

"I will eat well Omma and Appa."

 

Like father like son, both of them instantly dig in to their favorite meal and filled their empty stomachs excitedly. Irene, on the other hand, smiled happily as she watched the love of her life eating her meal well. By the way they asked for extra rice, she was assured her hardwork in the kitchen for the whole evening was definitely worth it. 

 

Suddenly, the vibration from Mino’s phone interrupted him from his eating frenzy; a call came in and Irene caught a sight of a name Youngji on the screen before Mino held his phone up in a panicky manner. Noticing his unusualness and a foreign female’s name, Irene felt a sudden pain in her heart. Mino hit onto the red button and straightaway heaved his phone into his pocket. Knowing that Irene was staring at him, Mino’s eyes searched hers back worriedly, only finding that her pair of beautiful eyes had dropped and changed its colours.

 

"Appa, no phones allowed on the table." They heard their son say and broke the stare. Mino didn’t know how to respond; he narrowed his eyes and ordered his son to mind his own business.

 

"Just eat Mingukkie."

 

"Don't be rude to your son. He's just kindly reminding." The mother of his son became protective. Her tone was soft but clearly annoyed by the fact Mino added his anger to their son, whom was innocent. After that, Mino gave up talking and the table was left with silence.

 

Not wanting her son to notice the tension, Irene tried her best to fill in the silent and gloomy atmosphere. However, since she felt a little uneasy to talk to Mino at the moment, her focus was shifted to her son who was clumsily holding onto the spoon and shoveling food into his tiny little mouth, which never failed to be comical every time Irene looked at him.

 

"How was school today, Minguk-ah?" Irene questioned, trying to sound excited in attempt to let go of the suspicion for the time being. Her son turned around and glared at her with his round and sparkling eyes.

 

"It's good Omma. I wrote my name in calligraphy class but the teacher hit my for staining the floor."

 

Irene responded to his cute description with a chuckle while she wiped off the rice which was all over his face. "Our baby Song Minguk is a good boy, but make sure you don’t repeat it again.” Irene patted his head. "Now, finish your final 3 scoops."

 

"But Omma, I am full."

 

"Didn't Omma cook your tofu stew well enough? Hmm?" Irene attempted to threaten him playfully, even though she didn’t like it. However, to make sure her son grows well, sometimes a little force will do more good.

 

The boy pouted. This time, the sparkling eyes widened and looked up to his father, signaling for help. Mino found those puppy eyes and squinted back, which was enough to instruct his son of what to do. Without another word, Minguk faced his plate and obediently swallowed the remaining scoops of rice. A moment later, he let out a loud burp. Irene laughed at her son’s cuteness. The fact that he had finished his food for the sake of not hurting her feelings had shown that he has grown up well.


“That’s our good boy, now go upstairs and get ready for a shower.” Irene instructed him and being the good boy he is, Minguk agreed immediately and darted upstairs, leaving both his parents alone in the dining room. At the same time, Mino slowly got up from his seat and helped Irene with the dishes in silence. Not wanting to share the same space as him, Irene took the towel and walked across the counter in excused to wipe the table. Struggling with her thoughts, Irene made sure she kept a safe distance from him.

 

It’s eight at night; usually at this time the couple would exchange their experience of the day, however, knowing well that today is not that kind of day, no one dared to break the silence. Leaving the situation to be as it is, Mino sighed and left the dining room first, skipping the news broadcast that he usually watches. He took a final glance at his wife before he deliberately walked up to the master room for his shower.

 

Mino ed his shirt while looking at the wedding portrait hanging proudly on the wall, the smiling Irene reminded him of the trouble he had caused earlier. Mentally, he promised himself he would settle the misunderstanding after the shower. It’s not a big issue; she was only thinking the way she shouldn’t. For the hundredth time since the suspicion, he sighed, again. His senses came back to him once he felt Irene’s presence in the room. Which triggered him to turn around and head for his shower. Unfortunately, before he could she spoke and he felt the words strike him.

 

“Do you have to bring your phone to the washroom?”

 

He froze in his position, standing between the washroom and his room. Irene narrowed her brows at him. Mino was reluctant to answer before thinking it through. Nevertheless, the look on her face clearly states that she demanded an answer.  “Uhm.. maybe I'm just used to it.” Mino never broke eye contact but his nimble fingers search for his phone, switching off the device. Before he could explain anything, Irene began to scowl at him.

 

"Who were you messaging all day Mino? Since work!"

 

“It’s not what you think Irene.” Mino tried to defend himself.

 

“What do you mean it’s not what I think!?” Mino opened his mouth in attempt to answer but she continued yelling at the top of her voice. “Who is Youngji? Why are you acting all suspicious?” Mino groaned in annoyance as she began yelling at him.

 

“Irene before you start blaming me, you should know... She’s-”

 

"Appa, Omma, are you arguing?"

 

Not knowing their argument had ended up with loud yelling, their dispute happened to be interrupted by a soft, stammering voice that filled between their voices. Instantly, a sudden distress penetrated through their bodies and the room dropped to a silence upon their realization of whom the third voice belonged to. Mino and Irene’s vision trailed towards the little voice, only finding a tiny round face fit right between the ajar door and frame; the little pair of brows furrowed as he stood by the door and observed into the room with concern.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter