Chapter 1

Nightmare

It was a corrupt relationship really. Somewhere along the line both of them just stopped trying. It had turned from a loving relationship to a nightmare. It was suffocating both of them yet they stayed. In hopes of things getting better but it was like living in a nightmare.

Despite giving up they were still together, they needed each other.

They were lying in bed, facing each other. He was playing with her hand. Her hand was tiny compared to his and it made him smile.

“How was she?” Gayoon asks as she looks at his hand which was tracing little patterns on her own hand.

“Huh…alright…” he barely whispers.

“I’m glad you had fun”

“Are you crying?” Junhyung finally looks at her face.

Her hair is a mess, eye makeup smeared, dark circles under her eyes. He knew he was the reason for this.

“It’s alright. I am used to it now” Gayoon laughs softly.

“I’m sorry…I’m a terrible boyfriend” he goes back to playing with her hand.

He notes the bitten off nails on her hand.

“I should get your attitude fixed” she says.

“Maybe I should get you fixed” he says.

Gayoon laughs.

“I’m really sorry. I’m the reason for this but I cannot let you go” he says.

“I can’t let you go either” she says.

He reaches up to brush away her hair from her face. He then caressed her face gently. She leans into his touch.

“It will get better” she says to comfort him but it sounds like she is trying to comfort herself.

“It will” he assures.

There is a gentle sound of the rain against the window. It’s almost a comforting sound to them. It felt like it was washing their pain. It made breathing easy. They soon fall asleep to the gentle pitter patter of the rain.

The next day was different. When Gayoon woke up, Junhyung was still there. It warmed her heart and made her smile. She got up and washed up before going to make breakfast. When in the kitchen, Junhyung woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. He got out of bed and went to the kitchen and saw Gayoon had cleaned up from last night and was now cooking breakfast while humming an old song. It surprised him but still made him happy.

“Morning” Junhyung says sleepily.

It has been a while since she has heard his morning greeting and it surprises her. She turns around to see him leaning on the door frame while running his hand through his hair.

“Morning” she smiles back at him before placing breakfast at the dining table.

“Looks good” he says.

“Yeah but you don’t so go wash up”

They both laugh and it is almost light hearted and it has been a long time since they have both felt so carefree.

They decide it was getting better. He was home more often, she got out more often. He was there for her more often and she noticed that he smelt less and less like alcohol. He was being a better person and he believed it was her. She was his rock.

He helped her with her anxiety and nervousness. He held her hand more often. It was almost like he had flipped a switch in his head. To her he was improving, to him it was a moment of realisation that someday he could lose her. He smiled at her more and she felt more comfortable and protected. It reminded her of the first time they met.

She started smiling more often too. She looked happier and he too was reminded of the first time they met. The way she embraced him these days were different too, it was more warm and welcoming.

They are back in bed, lying next to each other while facing each other. He is drawing random patterns again on her hand again.

“How was work?” she asks gently as she watches him.

“It was good” he says and looks at her before brushing her hair away from her face.

He caressed his face and she leans into his touch.

“You are beautiful” he says softly.

She laughs and he notices that she looks happier than she usually does and it makes him smile. He leans in and kisses her forehead. She blushes and hides her face into his chest in embarrassment. He wraps his hands around her and laughs.

There is sound of the rain against their window and he feels her relax in his arms.

“It got better” she whispers.

“It did” 

Chan! I hope you like it, I had a lot of fun writing this and turning it from a sad begenning to a happier ending. If you liked it please leave a comment and if you didn't leave a comment saying why. I always welcome critism :) I haven't written a fanfic in a long time so I hope this was alright. Thanks for reading. Bye!