CHAPTER 45

Lord of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The change in tone and the presence of emotion in the voice of the Oracle produced murmurings from the soldiers and knights who have reached the inner sanctum. Something inside Jaejoong suddenly clicked. For the first time since he met Cloud, he realized the true nature of the Oracle!

 

 He quickly spoke.

 

"You are like Cloud! An immortal entity!" He needed the truth to come out now before the soldiers reached him. He was not stupid to think he could fight all of them and the other regents. "There was really no Oracle, only a Fireshadow! And you used these women to speak for you! To do your bidding. You chose girls with powers and enhances their abilities to serve your plan!"

 

Destiny’s face remained emotionless. Her eyes stared blankly at Jaejoong. But the blue flame flared up. Becoming twice its size.

 

"Do not compare me to that figment of your imagination. I do not use these girls for my own purposes. They help me guide the people of Haldor!" Destiny's voice rose.

 

"Nonsense! You chose the future you want for us. You never gave us any chance to choose for ourselves! You are like a selfish child who only wants her will and her ways to be obeyed. You see us as toys you can manipulate! And those who refused to follow you are disposed off!" he accused the Oracle while glancing at the soldiers who were now listening intently, though each one still gripped their weapons.

 

"Would you prefer that wars and bloodshed continue? Because that will be the road Haldor would take if I allow progress and the development of powerful magic and technologies to continue." The Oracle's voice oozed with sarcasm.

 

"It’s our life, Fireshadow." Jaejoong addressed the Oracle as what she really was. "Not yours. You have no right to think and decide for us. You can advise us, but you cannot force us to do your biddings!"

 

"I will not listen to your heresies anymore." Destiny faced the soldiers and knights standing on the entrance of the sanctum. "Soldiers of Haldor, take Prince Jaejoong-"

 

Jaejoong pointed his sword at Destiny’s heart.

 

"Destiny will die if any one of you moves toward me!" he warned.

 

"What are you doing? That sword cannot pierced through my flames!" Destiny said arrogantly.

 

"That’s not what I remembered when the yellow fireshadow of Wisdom was torturing me." He glanced at Dara who was looking at him. "The flames parted and avoided the point of this sword. The Fireshadow can stop the Sword of Truth’s blade, but there’s something about the point of this sword that forces your flames to part."

 

"You have corrupted the Sword of Truth!" Destiny screamed, "It was designed to be used by the chosen one. But since you are unworthy, it had begun dying. Plunging the sword into my flames would only hasten its destruction!"

 

Dying? Jaejoong studied the sword. The point of the sword was darker than the rest of the blade. Small nicks could also be seen there. But he now understood why the Sword of Truth's point affected the Fireshadow. It was because the sword's point was already dead and had ceased to be the creation of the Fireshadow. The point of the sword was now diseased and dangerous to the purity of the Fireshadow.

 

"I have nothing to lose, Fireshadow. So, let’s see then which one of us really speaks the truth?" Jaejoong aimed the point of his sword at Destiny.

 

Destiny and the Fireshadow moved away from him!

 

"Hah! Once again you lie!" Jaejoong accused the entity. "But this time, everyone here could hear your lies!" He hoped no one among the regents and the soldiers would attack. He needed everyone to stay back and continue watching and listening as he unmasked the true nature of the Oracle before them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter