Please be my little flower

Please be my little flower

"You've got to be kidding," Yoongi said, crossing his arms across his chest.

The half- boy in front of him frowned, his plump lips pouting out in displeasure at Yoongi's disbelief. "I'm not kidding," he insisted. "I'm your garden fairy."

"But I don't want a garden fairy," Yoongi protested, mentally making note to put that sentence at the top of the list of things he never thought he would say.

The boy's pout disappeared, replaced by an eye-crinkling smile that lit up his entire face. "Too bad, I was here first," he said cheerfully. "I worked for your grandmother, so when you inherited her house, you inherited me. I'm your garden fairy and you're my house human!"

"I'm not anyone's house human, you little brat," Yoongi scowled. "I'm just. . . me. Yoongi. A regular human."

"Nope, you're not a regular human, you're my human," the fairy said, still grinning as he turned away, bending over to inspect some pumpkins. "And my name is Jimin, by the way," he said over his shoulder.

Yoongi was silent, watching Jimin as he stepped barefoot into the garden to look at the plants. Each plant seemed to move with him, following his movements like little children reaching out to their parent for attention. Jimin seemed to have forgotten Yoongi's presence entirely as he crouched over each plant individually, cooing at them and gently their leaves.

He looked young, younger than Yoongi at least. The only clothes he wore were a pair of faded, soft green pants that stopped in frayed ends above his knees. His wings looked like a dragonfly's wings, translucent and shifting from green to blue, depending on how the light hit them, as they fluttered happily behind him. His hair was black and fluffy with leaves and twigs sticking out of it at odd angles. Flowers had been woven into it, forming a multicolored crown of petals around his head, although he seemed to favor blues and greens. Strands of ivy circled around his bare arms and Yoongi looked pointedly away when he noticed the hard, toned muscles moving under the fairy's arms and chest as he moved around the garden.

Yoongi cleared his throat. "So what exactly does a garden fairy do?"

Jimin looked up from where he was squatting in the middle of a row of flowers. He had a fresh smudge of dirt across his cheek and Yoongi had to squash the strange urge to step across the garden and gently wipe it away.

"You know about house fairies, right? That clean and cook and take care of your house for you?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi nodded. He had heard of them, but his family had always been too poor to afford one.

"Well, I'm pretty much the same, except I take care of your plants. They're my babies," Jimin cooed, nuzzling his cheek gently against one of the flowers.

"I don't exactly have a lot of money to pay you with," Yoongi said uncomfortably. He had inherited the house and grounds when his grandmother died, but most of the money that wasn't going to its upkeep had already been used to pay off the remainder of his father's gambling debts. He hadn't wanted to move in to the old house, it was lonely and far away from everything he had grown up knowing, but it was the only way to get away from the rest of his family who only saw him as a means to money.

Jimin turned around and leveled a glare that made Yoongi shrink back. "I do not take care of my babies for money," the fairy said darkly.

The air around them seemed to cool and thicken and the hairs on Yoongi's arm stood on end like he was standing in the middle of an electrical storm.

"T-then why?" Yoongi asked, hating himself for the nervous tone in his voice.

A smile suddenly broke out over Jimin's face, replacing the scowl like the sun chasing away a storm cloud as the air returned back to its original mild heat. "Because I love plants," Jimin beamed, shrugging cutely. "All you have to do is let me sleep in the hammock by the pond and feed me three times a day!"

Yoongi blinked. "So you're basically like a pet."

"No, I'm a garden fairy," Jimin said patiently, like he was explaining something to a child.

"Fine, whatever, you win," Yoongi sighed. "Garden away, just don't make me eat spinach or some like that."

"You'll eat what I grow, Yoongi hyung," Jimin replied sweetly, turning back around to the garden.

As he watched the bluish-green wings flutter happily behind the brat-fairy as he moved through the garden, Yoongi couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth. Maybe living here wouldn't be so bad after all.