7. Wine for Sunggyu

Sonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Sunggyu was at his first bachelor party and he pretty much hated it.

 

Okay – correction, he was at his first bachelor party as one of the best men, and he hated it. He should loved it though, everyone think it was part of his idea, because dammit, he was one of the best men, and how could he not know the detail of the bachelor party – he wanted to kill himself for a moment. He entered the huge penthouse and a club music blasting right from the DJ booth, welcoming him, and the strong smell of liquor went straight to his nose. There weren’t any guest arrive yet – the party won’t start until a couple hours though. “Great job, he is going to like the music, and I expect the dance floor to be here in the next hour,”. A blonde man raised his thumb to the man behind the booth before the man turned to one of the party-worker, he supposed. “What is this?”. He was not expecting a proper answer, and the blonde man in front of him just offered him a huge grin. “The ultimate and epic bro-dal shower,” The latter answered nonchalantly.

“Bro-dal shower? Really, Woohyun? I thought we made it clear that you will stop calling, whatever-is-this, with that,” Sunggyu groaned. “And I did not agree on this. , you said it would be classy and elegant for gentlemen,” He added. “Hyung, you said you leave it all to the five of us,” Woohyun frowned. “But you said you will consult everything to the bachelor party company,” He retorted. “I am the bachelor party company, hyung, I consult to myself, and well, Sungjong – because he is also the part of the company,”. He should’ve expected this to come when he said he would give all the details to the rest of his friends. Sunggyu wanted to palm his face so hard, as he mentally killing Woohyun from inside – but all he did was sigh deeply. “Tell me the detail, about this college-like-party party, and oh goodness – is that a stripper pole? I swear, Woohyun,”. He glared at the younger male, who was shrugging. “Hey, I’ve sent an e-mail to you about all the detail, and I even repeated it on the bus before we arrived, you are the one who were dozing off the whole time, hyung and you were agreeing on everything, it’s very much unfair to complain now,” Woohyun ranted. “Well, I stopped listening and paying attention to you since you referred this as a bro-dal shower,” Sunggyu grunted.

“You think he will agree on all of this?” Sunggyu asked. “He always like college party and gosh, you know how he will not deny stripper. I’m making this special, hyung,” Woohyun stopped for a second. “Just not today,” Woohyun smirked. “Go on,”. “Okay, so, basically we have another plan starting tomorrow which only included seven of us and that’s where the classy and elegant come. We have planned everything, including golfing, deep sea fishing trip, wine-tasting and casino night. And that’s why we are going to stay in Busan for four days,” Woohyun beamed in complete happiness. “There is a wine-tasting place in Busan?” Sunggyu raised his brow. “If they don’t provide one then you just have to make one,” Woohyun rolled his eyes, he made it sounded it was too easy for him to just build a wine place. “Because obviously you can always make one, right,” Sunggyu scoffed.

“Seriously, though, there are perks on being friends with a person with a load of connection, like me for example, but there is this one wine company from New Zealand and they held a wine festival in Busan before and they will hold it again this week. And guess what, turned out Myungsoo knew the chief of that company and so, in conclusion, we will be getting seven VIP passes,” Woohyun clapped in delight like a child. “That is actually pretty impressive,” Sunggyu nodded his head slightly. “Pretty impressive? It’s ing awesome, hyung, give a little credit to us, would you?” Woohyun snorted. “What room number?”. “607, he might be a little grumpy since we blocked all his eyesight since we depart from Seoul, if you hadn’t notice that too, like you didn’t remember the room number,” Woohyun scoffed. “Hey, for the record, I was working all week so I can take a five days off from the office and I had an upcoming meeting that I postponed until next week, I have the right to be not in my right mind,” Sunggyu said. “And I thought you were the executive director but you sounded like an intern instead,” Woohyun replied before Sunggyu walked away from him and headed to the downstairs.

 

 

 

Sunggyu bumped into someone at the corridor right when he wanted to enter the hotel room, but it was just Myungsoo, lurking around with his huge- camera as Myungsoo put on a terrified face when he locked eyes with Sunggyu. “What’s with the face?” Sunggyu raised his brow. “You saw the party set up, did you not and you wanted to burn it down,” Myungsoo said – Sunggyu was unsure whether he wanted to laugh or rant because Myungsoo knows him too well. “I swear I told Woohyun hyung to tell you first and get you in the right head when you approved,” Myungsoo put one of his hand on his chest and the other on the air, and the older settled with an amused laugh. “Don’t worry, Woohyun keep reminding me that I were agreeing on everything without any future consents, so I will just settle with whatever you people planned,” He shrugged at the end. “Well, we are going to have the time of our life, hyung,” Myungsoo gave him a kitty smile before he left him on the door.

When he entered, the room was crowded and by crowded it meant Dongwoo and Sungyeol were trying to solve a mobile-game. “Who is that,”. The soon-to-be-groom, who was sitting on the bed with his eyes being closed by a blindfold, turned his head to Sunggyu’s direction. “It’s hyung,” He sat beside the man. “Oh, you were so quite on the trip I thought you were not coming,” The latter chuckled. “I am not going to miss your bachelor party, Howon,” He snorted. “Yeah, I know, I would’ve killed you if you did – if any one of you did, actually,” Howon shrugged. “Aren’t you tired of being blind anyway?” He stared at the younger, who was just smiling all the way. “Nah, it’s pretty fine, but I can’t wait to take it off, though, Sungjong said it is going to be a long- week for us but I’m anticipating it,” Howon said. “You should be, it was your last night of freedom, huh? And I’m paying huge for a part of that long- week so you better enjoy every single day of it,” He laughed and followed by younger man. “Well, you have to have fun too, hyung, no matter what happens,”. Howon said it too casually and Sunggyu’s brow rose in curiosity – it was one ambiguous sentence. “I don’t know what you are trying to say but okay, since you are the man of tonight, I’ll let you go and I’ll have fun,”.

 

---

 

It was not just hard to gather all Howon’s friends and colleagues and close family into one party – it was utterly a chaos, and Sunggyu knew it better than anyone because he was the one who deals with the guest list from the first place – which later he handed it to Dongwoo because he was so busy at that time and Dongwoo accepted the job gladly – and that was also why the party was held in Busan, because most of his childhood friends and cousins live in there. The penthouse itself was crazy beautiful – the beach view, the outdoor private swimming pool, at least he knew all his money were gone to good stuffs – and it was pretty much crowded and full of people with a loud music blasting from the booth and there were people dancing, some sort of getting drunk on the corner, some are playing games and the billiard. The party has lasted for almost two hours and Sunggyu had a feeling it just started. Howon was wearing a ridiculously huge crown on his head as his colleagues were surrounding him and he looked very much happy – so Sunggyu decided not to kill Nam Woohyun, yet for his attempt to get Sunggyu a stripper – because the party was epic.

“What can I give you, Sir? Whisky, vodka, tequila? Shots, perhaps?” The bartender was all smiley to Sunggyu when he sat on the bar. “Wine, Chardonnay, if possible, I’ll take any brand,” He answered shortly before the bartender shot him a confused look. “We only have brandy,” The bartender shrugged. “Look, I’m pretty sure I made it clear when I said – goodness, okay, I’ll just take a glass of scotch, thank you,” He said as he dismissed the bartender. “Oh, look who’s here, the Kim Sunggyu, always as demanding as possible,”. He swore the voice was too familiar to be true, but when he turned around to see who was sitting next to him, he almost fell from his chair – but he did not, and he managed to keep his cool, he have to manage his cool, everyone have to manage their own cool when they met their ex-girlfriend. “I have every right to be mad, which I did not, that dude thought brandy was the same as the white wine, how insulting,” He said while fixing the sleeves of his black dress-shirt.

“I did not say you were mad, I said you were as demanding as always – which is probably a good thing, but give him a break, Sunggyu, it’s not your bachelor party,” She smirked playfully. “You did not send a reply that you would be attending, you were not on the guest list, you were not supposed to be here, it’s a bachelor party,” He said, but almost sounding too disappointed about it. “Look at around you, did you see any woman, no, just you, do you know that this place is dangerous?” He added. “Did I disappoint you then?” She keep the smirk on her face, which he wasn’t sure whether he likes it or pissed about it. “I sent a reply, Dongwoo oppa knows it,” She said as she took a sip of her champagne. “Cool, because Kim Sunggyu doesn’t deserve to be addressed as an oppa, but only Dongwoo does, great, I am older than him, you know,”. Goodness, he did not just say that but when the woman in front of him chuckled, he just knew he did say that.

“I have a feeling that this argument will never die, will it? You were the one who told me that it was too cringy for you when I called you oppa,” She said. “It was when we were dating,” He frowned. “So it is okay to call you oppa when you were not my boyfriend?” She raised her eyebrow and a slight smirk formed once again on her lips. “You are not going to do it anyway,”. Sunggyu shook his head, challenging her. “You are so full of yourself you think you know everything, Sunggyu oppa,”. “You only did that because you wanted to prove your statement about me being an arrogant person,” He snapped. “Damn right, Sunggyu, you are an arrogant person,”.

“So, you live in Busan now?”. He was trying to change the topic because he was not into talking about him being a jerk. “Not really, I move a lot, you know it,”. Yeah, he couldn’t really forgot one of the reasons why the broke up from the first place. “So, you are still busy as ever?”. Another reason why they broke up came up too quickly than he imagined it would be. “Yeah, but it’s getting better these days,” He nodded. “I mean look at me, I’m spending five days in Busan,” He continued. “Well, yeah, if only you could do it sooner, those wrinkles won’t be on your skin,” She responded. “There are no wrinkles, and goddammit, this is a one ty scotch,”. He almost spitted back the liquor from his mouth, but he decided not to – because it was not a cool move. He needed to be cool.

“What do you expect, Sunggyu? A twenty-five years old Bowmore? You rented the bartender then why didn’t you make a special request for the drink selection?” She responded nonchalantly and he decided not to answer the question. “Too busy?” She chuckled suddenly. “Apparently, yes,” He answered. “And it’s not like what you think, I did take part on this party,” He added. “Really? Well, good for you,” She nodded her head. “I mean only paying the shares also can be conclude as taking parts, right?” She smirked. He wanted to slam his head on the counter – he didn’t even realize he could afford to think such a violent action to himself – he loves himself and damn, this woman knew too much about it. “Still, taking part,” He responded, giving a forced smile to the latter.

“Want to go somewhere?” She suddenly asked. “Ah, moving fast, I see,” He smiled smugly as he raised his ty glass for a salute. “Or do you want to stay with your horrible glass of scotch until someone saw how miserable you are so they made you drunk by playing too much beer pong and the next thing you know is that you wake up with a couple of strippers in some random room, your choice really, not mine,” She shrugged. “If you really want my company, you don’t have to make the other choice so bad, you know, beside I’m not letting anyone drag me into some stupid game,”. He smirked back – he felt like they were playing the smirking game tonight.

“Really? Because I’ll be laughing at you when someone came to you and ask you whether you want to join them or not,”. Right that moment, Sungyeol appeared and put his arms around Sunggyu’s shoulder, “Hyung, come and play King’s Cup with me, you look horrible even from distance. Did they not serve the wine you want?” Sungyeol grinned widely. “Your choice,” She mouthed to him as she left the bar. “Isn’t that–,”. “Shut up, Sungyeol,” Sunggyu snapped as he stood up from the stool. “Hey, I’m not judging, hyung, besides you need some companion if you don’t want a stripper, unless you want to accompany me to do some drinking game,” Sungyeol shrugged. “No, thank you and I am fine, now go and don’t impregnate some random stripper, I’ll ing kill you,” He said rather seriously to the younger male. “Got it,”.

 

---

 

He doesn’t quite remember when exactly they broke up, he was sure it was some times ago, but it still fresh on his mind. He knows that they broke up on the good term; they both understand that they both are too busy to be in a relationship, so it’s not that kind of overdramatic break up where both of the person involved left very much heartbroken. He also doesn’t remember why they couldn’t work it out instead – maybe be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter