3. Flower for Sungyeol

Sonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) I know I told you guys this supposed to be Myungsoo, but I made some changes and I hope you don't mind :) enjoy!

this is for the people who commented last chapter, lkimxxx , anitaklr24 and seto_mizer 

===

 

She always has a tiny crush on him. Always.

 

Okay, maybe always is too much, maybe it started on the first high school summer break, when he almost broke his leg because he kicked the tree in front of the school too hard, and maybe it was because his gummy smile and his addictive laugh when his friends were trying to get him to the school’s nurse. She did not follow him around like a lost puppy, unlike some girls on their school. But, just like any other girl she is, she never told him her feelings; she is not the kind who is that interested to get involved too far with the troublemaker.

Maybe being the tallest on his group of friends has it own perk. People always noticed him the first, people always wonder how the hell could someone get that tall – it’s not that he is the tallest person on the planet – but still, his height has become his charm. A cool, handsome guy who is also one of the loudest; the one who pulled silly little pranks. She knew he only hit on a girl once, a transferred student. Very pretty and smart indeed, but that girl is now one of his best friend’s girlfriend. She thought – goodness, everyone thought there would be some kind of a bad blood between those two, but his smile never fade, he sticks around with those two lovebirds just like their child.

She never says it out loud, but maybe her friends saw it when she stared at him too long; sometimes she did stare at him because she wants to know how someone could radiate so much fun. They said it is a waste of time, he never takes a girl seriously, and he lives for himself only. She wants to believe it, but she can’t really help it. Maybe he is indeed a childish brat who gets too much amusement by the annoyed faces from his friends because he put something bad inside their locker. Maybe it’s the part of his charm, she really doesn’t know.

 

 

She put the pile of books on the table and startled the person on the other side. “Ah, so you came,” He offered her a cheeky smile, and his gum was showing. “Of course, Lee Sungyeol-ssi, the teacher clearly stated that you are my responsibility from now on,” She replied nonchalantly. “Ah, you sounded so boring already by using the word ‘responsibility’, Jung Areum,” He grinned. “Woohyun warned me that you are extremely smart and, content – whatever that means,” He smirked. “Woohyun also warned me that you are brutally honest and is the pain on the – whatever that means,” She said. He laughed, and for the love of the goddesses, he laughed so hard that the librarian gave them a death threat with her eyes. “Ah, aren’t you too much? Calling someone a pain on the on the very first meeting?” Sungyeol tilted his head slightly after he finished his laugh. “It is only too much if you are not a pain on the ,” She replied. “I know because the teacher told me that I am their last hope because the other students rejected to tutor you, because you are that annoying,” She continued.

“Then, why did you do it?” Sungyeol raised his eyebrow in amusement. “Because I am curious on how painful you are, Lee Sungyeol-ssi,” She looked at his eyes for the first time since she seated herself in front of him and goodness, he is handsome as hell. “Oh, I can be very painful, Areum-ssi, I hope you aware of what you are asking for,” His lips formed a playful smirk before he chuckled and she gulped just a bit, because he was that adorable. “But, first of all, can you drop the formality already? It has been, ugh, five minutes since we met,” Sungyeol said. “What do you want me to call you?” She raised her eyebrow. “Sungyeol, Yeol, Handsome, I don’t know, you decide. I will call you Jureumi, because your forehead wrinkles a lot and you looked like my ex-cat,” Sungyeol shrugged. “Jureumi? First of all, that is ridicul-,”. “First of all, I gave you a permission to call me anything, so I should have the same privilege, Jureumi, now, what should we learn first?” Sungyeol snapped.

“You know what, Sungyeol? Call me anything you want and I couldn’t be more careless,” She shrugged. “Ah, so you settled with just Sungyeol, how uncreative,” Sungyeol snorted. “I don’t know that you are doing bad on the lesson,” She suddenly said. “I am not bad, gosh, I am good. But apparently not good enough to enter the major I want after I graduated,” Sungyeol smirked. “That’s why I sign up for this student tutor thing, I need someone to help me to elevate my grades,” Sungyeol continued. “What major?” She raised her brow, amused; Sungyeol’s grades are certainly not that bad, it was enough to pass to some major that a Lee Sungyeol would likely to enter, like public relation or design.

“Medical,” Sungyeol answered nonchalantly as he doodled something on his notebook. When the only answer he received from the latter is silence, Sungyeol’s lips formed another smirk as he looked up to meet the girl’s eyes. “You must be wondering on how ridiculous and impossible it sounds that I want to take one of the most complicated major, huh?” Sungyeol chuckled. “Is that why the other students rejected you? Because it sounds impossible?” She said. “Oh, the other students never even got to this point of conversation. Mainly, they were just able to cope up with me until I called them with strange nicknames,” Sungyeol grinned proudly. “Why?” She tilted her head with curiosity. “You know, not everyone really that accepting with how I addressed them,” Sungyeol said. “I mean, why medical?” Areum said.

“Certainly not because my parents forced me to do it or because they have so much shares on the hospital where they are working, I bet you think those are the reasons,” Sungyeol rolled his eyes; maybe he heard too much of that and he was sick of those groundless reasoning. “It was just something I want to do,” Sungyeol continued nonchalantly and she nodded at his answer. “Why aren’t you judging me?” He suddenly blurted. “Why should I judge you?”. She was a bit taken; it was indeed a really weird question that someone could ever asked, really. “Maybe you don’t hear it right, I am going to take medical major, me, Lee Sungyeol, the number one brat,” Sungyeol stated as he made sure to pronounced each words clearly.

“I am not deaf, you know,” She replied. “Then start giving me reasons why I shouldn’t have a dream of becoming a doctor. You are making me uncomfortable, this conversation is too serious because you are agreeing with everything I said,” Sungyeol said as he moved around nervously. “Insulting someone else’ dream is rude. I don’t want to be rude, at least not to you, now open your chemistry book,” She shrugged before she pointed at Sungyeol’s textbook. “You are weird, woman,” Sungyeol snorted as he opened his book. “Let’s go for a lunch tomorrow,” He said suddenly without breaking his eye contact with the book. “Sorry, but what?”. “Tomorrow is Saturday, I said let’s meet up for lunch,” Sungyeol repeated. “Consider it’s a gift for not being rude,” He continued. “You know-,”. “Can you do not ask anymore questions because I’m nervous as hell right now because this is literally my first time asking someone’s out and just say okay?” Sungyeol blabbered and made her smile a bit.

 

 

“Okay,”

 

 

---

 

 

“This is not a date,”. It was the first sentence that came out from Sungyeol the moment he placed himself on the seat in front of her, with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. “And this flowers are Woohyun’s idea and Woohyun is dumb most of the times, so yeah,” Sungyeol blabbered. “I never thought it was a date either honestly,” She said as she raised her brow. “But Woohyun told me that you have a crush on me and I don’t want to give you false hope,” Sungyeol said. “You did mention that Woohyun is dumb most of the times, right?” She shrugged it off quickly. “Ah, you do have a point,” Sungyeol nodded. “But it could be a date if you want it to be,” Sungyeol smirked before he laughed.

 

“You really never serious, are you?” She smiled in amusement, it’s the truth though, that she never really considered this as a date. “No,” He shook his head while still chuckling. “This flowers are for you, but this is the last one you will ever receive from me. I’m not that romantic type of guy,” Sungyeol said as he pushed the bouquet to her side. “Don’t worry, I am never a romantic type of girl either. Bringing flowers won’t impress me, Sungyeol-ssi,” She replied as she took the bouquet of daises. “But this one is pretty,” She smiled.

“I did not pick them,” Sungyeol snapped. “I didn’t expect you to,” She replied nonchalantly. “What do you expect from me then?” He raised his brow. “I don’t know, maybe crack a joke about how this place smells like old people and garlic?” She shrugged and he laughed. “And children and family, it’s not even Sunday yet,” He struggled to speak because his laughter wasn’t dead yet. “So, you want to find a new place or what?” She chuckled, and goodness, he swore he thought it was because of three cup of coffee he drank this morning to calm his nerves, but his heart did a thing at that moment and it was cliché as hell and Sungyeol doesn’t like cliché things but the girl in front of him is not a cliché at all. He knows how sometimes she stares at his direction too long and he thought, it would be fun to play with her. But, everything is not going like how Sungyeol wanted it to be.

“No, this place serves a good food,” He replied. “Okay, if the food is good then I’m in,” She shrugged. Sungyeol raised his brow. Why doesn’t she act like she is interested at him? “Hey, Jureumi,” He said out of the blue. “If you want to consider this as date,”.

 

 

“I don’t mind,”

 

 

---

 

 

Maybe it started when Sungyeol started to stare back at her and smile when he caught her looking at his direction. He might waved at her direction in the most random times, or when he pretended like he couldn’t understand the problems at all, so he could stay a little bit longer with her in the library. He wondered what the hell is wrong with him, but he never really got the perfect answer. He tried to annoy her; by sometimes calling her out with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter