END

MARRIAGE IS CONVENIENT

 

“See you this evening, love…”

 

A feather like kiss reached his right cheek soon after that and Jungkook smiled at his husband before transferring the briefcase that he was holding into Taehyung’s hand.

 

“Is our little shashimi sleeping?”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes dismissively at his husband who wasn’t getting tired of smiling since the moment he woke up today. Jungkook would have say since the moment Taehyung held the ‘little shashimi’ in his arm- but that sounded too exaggerating.

 

“Yes, Kim Haneul is sleeping like a baby, hyung.”

 

“He is a good baby, right? He hasn’t acted up like normal babies would do.”

 

Jungkook smiled even he was mentally sighing upon hearing his husband’s cheerful tone.

 

If only Taehyung knew how  I keep waking up to the baby’s cot in the middle of the night­­-

 

But of course, Jungkook would never say that out loud. He would never tell his husband how he hadn’t get more than 4 hours of sleep every day. Letting his husband know how Jungkook was failing miserably as a young mommy wasn’t the part of the plan when he gave birth to the currently a month old baby.

 

Taehyung gave a final peck on Jungkook’s lips before turning his body to approach the porch.

 

“Ah, wait up, hyung!”

 

Taehyung turned around with a frown.

 

“Yes, Kookie? Am I forgetting something?”

 

Shook.

 

“N-No. You’re not, it just… I forgot to tell you something. Im taking Haneul with me to do the grocery shopping today. Is it okay with you?”

 

Taehyung walked closer with a soft smile and cupped the younger cheeks, slightly chubby cheeks. But like hell Taehyung would never mention it to Jungkook. Jungkook might be crying days and nights to have some wild ridiculous thinking that he wasn’t attractive anymore in Taehyung’s eyes.

 

You will always be attractive, Kookie.

 

Taehyung would never let the word ‘chubby’ slipped out of his lips.

 

Taehyung caressed the younger’s cheek and he noticed something different. Jungkook had eye bags? Was he having sleep deprived? But that was impossible. Jungkook would sleep besides him at night and he woke up next to Taehyung every morning.

 

“Kookie, is it okay with you? Isn’t it too hard for you to shop while-“

 

“No. I’ll be fine. I know how to do this.”

 

Jungkook cut Taehyung’s speech. He gave an assuring smile to his husband. Jungkook would never let Taehyung think that Jungkook was having tons of problems while handling the little boss in diaper.

 

Keep it for yourself, Jungkook. Your husband has done enough. He even let you to quit your job. Handling a baby shouldn’t be a problem.

 

“Okay, Kookie mommy…”

#

 

The wail from the one month old baby in the trolley had dragged Jungkook back to reality. Or to be more precise, he was dragged back to his surrounding, the hypermarket.

 

“Shhh…Little guy, whats wrong? Mommy is here. Shhh…”

 

Jungkook leaned closer to pick up his baby into his trembling arms. Jungkook’s face had turned red for every second that Haneul’s cry was getting louder. Jungkook tried to soothe that one small baby, as discreetly as he could but it couldn’t stop those stares that he was getting from the whole building.

Jungkook felt like crying.

 

Why the hell I can’t do this?! Those other young mothers are handling their babies just fine! Am I not good enough?

 

“Poor little baby. What is wrong?

 

Jungkook almost let out a tut sound because he knew this was coming! Some other young mothers would poke their nose in and try to act all genius about what Jungkook should do with his baby. He knew it!

 

“Uh, I don’t know?”

 

Jungkook reluctantly answered in a slightly sarcastic tone. He didn’t even look up and just kept rocking the baby in his arm from side to side. Oh, like he cared about his impression right now when he had a crying baby in his arms!

 

“He is sleepy, don’t you think?”

 

What Jungkook said soon after that was even a stunt to himself. He didn’t think he would hear himself snapping to a stranger in a hypermarket.

 

“He is not! He has his hours of sleep a few minutes ago!”

 

Jungkook could feel his eyes were getting wet so he stormed out from the hypermarket, leaving the trolley right there, unpaid and now unowned. Leaving a trail of confusion to the poor woman who was scolded by Jungkook.

#

Putting the baby down on his seat besides the driver’s seat, Jungkook let out a soft cry along with his non stop crying baby. He never saw this coming. This scene, embarrassing scene had never gotten into his brain.

 

Jungkook wiped his tears with his palms before taking his baby into his arms again. Hushing his baby once again, by patting the small covered arm softly. Jungkook looked at the serine face of his baby. His cheeks were white with some dusty natural pink. Those little eyes were shutted tight as he was squeezing out the tears.

 

Jungkook leaned down to peck his son’s cheek.

 

“Okay, my Haneul, mommy got you. Shhh, little guy! Hey, hey, Kim Haneul, mommy got you. Its alright, Its alright…”

 

Jungkook tried to feed the baby with the formula but he halted once he saw how those tiny little hands were rubbing his eyes. Well not really rubbing because his hands were thrashing around aimlessly but Jungkook knew his baby.

 

“My baby is- sleepy?”

 

Jungkook couldn’t help but laugh weakly at the not laughable matter. Now, remembering the incident earlier, he felt like an idiot in a complete misery.

 

“Let’s get home, Haneul…”

#

Jungkook put down the little ‘drowsy’ baby who was so close to fall asleep into the cot.

 

“Sleep peacefully now, little sashimi.”

 

Jungkook smiled to himself. He would scold Taehyung if his husband calls their baby by that nick when Jungkook actually enjoyed that name when his husband was not around.

 

Guilty pleasure.

 

Jungkook fed the baby with formula this time, to help the baby sleeps better and it worked! Haneul was closing his eyes shut in a matter of seconds.

 

“My little boy, now that isn’t that hard, right? Sleep all you want, little sashimi.”

 

And Jungkook meant it. How he wished his baby could sleep for few hours so that he could settle the unwashed dish, dusty floor of their living room and Taehyung’s office.

 

After making sure the baby was sleeping soundly, he tip-toed to the door and made his way to Taehyung’s office first which was exactly next to the baby’s room. Remember Taehyung’s  ‘playroom’, where he put all of his game consoles? Well now it was their baby’s room.

 

Jungkook pulled a smile thinking how hard it was for Taehyung to give away his game consoles to the yard sale of their neighbor.

 

“Kookie, please. I want to share my meaningful and sentimental stuffs with my son. I wanna play all of these with him.”

 

And Jungkook ended up his husband’s dilemma with a few words. Only.

 

“Hyung, he is 4 months old right now, in my tummy.”

 

And Taehyung gave it in.

#

Jungkook had done cleaning Taehyung’s room half an hour ago and he went back to the baby’s room to check on his little son.

 

Good. Still sleeping. Thank God.

 

And with that Jungkook ran downstairs to the kitchen. He started doing the dirty dishes and after a solid of 15 minutes, Jungkook couldn’t feel his hands anymore. Too numb. So much work.

He sighed before getting the raw ingredients from the freezer to make lunch. He glanced at his phone on the kitchen counter.

 

He got an hour left before Taehyung got back from work to have lunch with him. Yes. That CEO who should be busy 24/7 would empty his schedule during his lunch time to be spent with his family.

Jungkook sometimes would feel envious on how relax Taehyung’s life was compared to him. Taehyung’s life was just about going to work, coming home, sleeping and getting back to work on the next morning.

Well at least, that was what Jungkook thought.

Jungkook missed the feeling to be working in his office. Or should he say, Yoongi’s hyung office now. The older took over the company since Jungkook had quitted.

No issue. Yoongi deserved that vacancy spot tho.

Jungkook halted his action once he heard a loud wail from who else in this house, Haneul of course.

It was something involuntary for Jungkook recently, to leave everything that he was doing right then, once he heard his Haneul’s cry.

Jungkook reached the door with sweat all over his forehead. Haneul was crying more lustily by the time he noticed his mommy was getting closer.

 

Jungkook knew, it was the time to feed the baby again. Don’t need to be shocked. What else a baby could do other than sleeping and eating. Jungkook was used to his baby’s sleeping and eating pattern.

 

“Okay, wait here for a moment baby. Mommy is getting your milk. Ok?”

 

Jungkook pecked the little one’s nose lightly before going to the other side of the room that was setted up like a nursery.

 

To his horror, the formula’s container was empty!

 

“Damn.”

 

Jungkook couldn’t filter his word anymore because this was too much. Since when did Jungkook was forgetting things?! Since when a man who could manage a multibillions business deal could forget to bring the new formula upstairs?

 

“Wait, Kim Haneul. Wait for a moment, kay? Mommy is going down to get your new food.”

 

Jungkook tried to stay calm but he was sweating like crazy. His baby wont stop crying and wailing at all.

 

At all!

 

 Jungkook didn’t have the choice other than to get down, leave the baby alone for a moment.

 

“. . Where is it?!”

 

Once again, Jungkook surprised himself when he couldn’t remember where did he put the baby’s formula.

Jungkook tip toed to open up the upper cabinet. He cursed again when he didn’t find what was he looking for.

 

The crying noise wont stop and it had shot into Jungkook’s ears like tons of bullets.

 

“Haneul, please wait.”

 

Jungkook crouched this time to check on the lower red cabinet.

 

Not in here too.

 

Jungkook moved to the next cabinet.

 

“Haneul, Im getting you your milk. Can you please wait?!”

 

Jungkook’s breathing was getting so fast right now like he was controlling his voice.

Finally, Jungkook found the blue container. He quickly grabbed it and walked out from the kitchen to the living room to get to the stairs.

 

Jungkook stopped halfway on the living room and rubbed his temple. This crying baby noise was making him feel…uncomfortable!

He was raised alone so of course he would never hear any other crying voice than his. But now, for the first time ever, he had to live- Oh my God!- Another high pitch wailing and Jungkook was so done.

 

“For your sake Kim Haneul, can you please be quiet?! Im getting your food ready! Just wait there quietly!!!”

 

 

“Was that really necessary to scream at my son?”

 

Jungkook turned his head to the suddenly opened door.

Jungkook swallowed hard and bit his pale lip.

#

 

Seeing how the small mouth was the milk bottle had made Jungkook to soothe down a little bit. Jungkook rocked his baby from side to side while praying the baby wouldn’t sleep.

Yet.

Jungkook didn’t want to face his husband who was standing right behind him. He couldn’t face the man of his life and let him pointed out Jungkook’s flaw as a husband and a mother.

Jungkook didn’t realize that tears had started to roll down his cheeks, not until he heard himself was letting out a weak sobs.

 

“Kookie.”

 

Jungkook shook his head. He didn’t want to turn around.

 

“Kookie, lets talk.”

 

Jungkook shook his again. Thrice this time, to show how talking to his husband was the last thing he wanted to do right now.

 

“Kookie, Haneul is already sleeping. Put him down and lets talk outside.”

 

And soon after that Jungkook felt Taehyung was hugging both of his shoulder from behind. Jungkook gazed down at his baby. Yes. Haneul was sleeping.

 

Why son? Why are you sleeping when mommy doesn’t want you too?

 

“Kookie, did you hear me? I said put Haneul down. We need to talk.”

 

Junkook was shaking a little bit when he was about to put the baby into the baby’s cot. Taehyung’s stoic voice somehow had scared him.

A lot.

 

“Come with me. We need to talk downstairs. I don’t want to wake my son up.”

 

Jungkook wiped his tears before turning around.

It hurted him. This one time when Taehyung used ‘my son’ was tearing his heart apart.

#

They sat down on the blood red couch side by side. No talking, no sounds for the solid 1 minute. Jungkook flinched a little at the sudden touch on his right thigh. Taehyung’s big hand was there, unmoving. Jungkook held his breath, trying to halt himself from letting out a cry. Because once Jungkook started to cry, he didn’t have the brake.

 

“Kookie, wh-“

 

Jungkook shooked his head before covering up his ears with his palms.

 

“NO! I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT! I DON’T NEED YOU TO LIST OUT MY FLAW AS A MOMMY! I KNOW. I KNOW I AM FAILING!”

 

“Kookie, I was just-“

 

“AND IM SORRY FOR THAT! INDEED. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO MAKE HANEUL TO STOP CRYING IN THE CROWD!”

 

By that time, Jungkook was crying out loud already while facing down the floor. Taehyung shook his head while looking at his husband besides him. Jungkook wont even give him a chance to ask.

 

“Kookie, listen he-“

 

“AND I DON’T KNOW HOW TO MAKE HIM STOP FROM WAKING UP AT MIDNIGHT! IM SORRY! I AM A TERRIBLE MOMMY! I ADMIT IT! AND IF YOU THINK IM NOT THAT GOOD TO BE THE MOMMY FOR YOUR FUTURE CHILDREN, JUST LET ME GO!”

And right at that moment, Taehyung thought that his heart had stop.

The older frowned while staring unblink at his husband who still didn’t lift up his face. Taehyung could see the teardrops falling down through Jungkook’s chin before tapping the younger’s lap.

Taehyung couldn’t let this happen. He couldn’t let Jungkook think that way.

 

Taehyung pulled his husband into his hug and make sure the younger’s face was landing on his chest. He let Jungkook cried there. He let the younger to muffle the loud cry on his tailored made suit.

Because still, it wasn’t enough to pay off his ‘debt’ to Jungkook.

 

“Kookie, you’ve sacrificed a lot and you didn’t even let me know- And Kookie, please, please never ask such things from me to let you go.“

 

Taehyung felt Jungkook was shaking his head.

 

“DIVORCE! I-I DON’T DESERVE Y-YOU.”

 

“KOOKIE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING?!”

 

Taehyung loosened the hug to take a look at his husband’s wet face. Jungkook was hiccupping too much that he couldn’t utter a single word anymore.

The older shook his head again before moving his thumbs to the younger’s cheek. Wiped out the fresh tears away.

 

“Kookie…”

 

Taehyung’s tone was softened down when he put a warm gaze on his husband’s beautiful, beautiful face.

“Kookie dear, listen to me. I don’t want to let you go. Never. I would be the most stupid guy in the world if I let you slipped out of my hand, my love. You’ve done so much for me, for our little sashimi.”

 

Taehyung laughed a little at the nickname, trying to lighten up Jungkook. Jungkook’s eyes went to search for his husband’s face.

And Taehyung gave the warmest smile ever before continuing,

And of course, Jungkook’s little heart was shaking a little upon seeing that killer smile.

 

“ You did all of that, alone, Kookie. You’ve never told me that you are waking up at night because of the baby. You’ve never let me know that you didn’t even have enough sleep. You even managed to cook lunch for me everyday while taking care of the baby and how selfish I would be if I only see your flaw.”

 

Jungkook held his husband’s front blazer timidly before looking down at his feet again.

 

“B-But you, you scold me-me at the d-door e-earlier.”

 

Taehyung sighed. Feeling sympathy at his husband who still couldn’t stop hiccupping. Taehyung pulled Jungkook closer until Jungkook was sitting comfortably on his lap.

 

“Love, that was just a spur of a moment. I was just, shocked I might say, to see you,hm, being stressed out like that.”

 

“Y-You still love me? W-Want me? To be-be mom-mommy?”

 

“Shh…What are you saying, baby. Of course I am still in love with you. And Kookie, you don’t have to do this alone.”

 

Jungkook frowned in a total confusion.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Taehyung smiled before pulling Jungkook’s by his cheeks closer to Taehyung’s face. He let their nose brushed slightly.

 

“Because you got me. You are married to me, love. Means you got me. If anything, we should get up at midnight together- or we can take turns.”

 

And for the first time in this week, or month, Taehyung might say, he heard Jungkook’s laugh. A weak soft laugh but still, beautiful to his ear.

 

“Yeah, take turns and let see how you can deal with that little boss.”

 

Taehyung smiled while thumbing the soft cheek of Jungkook’s. Tracing the dried tears.

 

“I’ll try my best, Kookie. And please, talk to me about everything. We are married for a reason. To be there for each other. And Im sorry that I was kind of oblivious-“

 

“No, hyung! It was my fault. I tried so hard to hide this from you. I don’t want you to look down at me.”

 

Taehyung kissed the soft lips in front of him as gentle as he could.

 

“Kookie, you are the best already. The best mommy. The best lover. The best husband. I couldn’t ask for more, honey.”

 

“Don’t call me honey.”

 

They both laughed.

 

“Darling?”

 

“Ew.”

 

“Cupcake?”

 

“Taehyung!”

 

Jungkook squinted his eyes while pushing Taehyung’s forehead with his.

 

“Baby?”

 

Right on cue, a loud high pitch cry was heard, coming from the baby room and the spouse laughed as a spontaneous response.

Jungkook got up from his husband’s lap and pulled Taehyung by his wrist.

 

“The real baby doesn’t like my nickname, hyung.”

 

“He is just a jealous little sashimi, baby.”

 

“You are unbelieveable, Kim Taehyung!”

 

And Jungkook let put a small yawn. Taehyung frowned upon seeing that and he took a glance at his watch. Its noon.

 

“Kookie, go take nap.”

 

“But, I haven’t cooked-“

 

“You’ve talked too much for today.”

 

Taehyung casually brought his hands underneath the younger’s body and brought him to their master bedroom,

 

“TAEHYUNG!!!”

 

#

 

“Guys, keep it down!”

 

Jungkook could hear that. That was Taehyung’s voice. He tried to flicker his eyelids open but god- they were so heavy. So Jungkook just lied there, squeezed his eyes tighter.

 

“Oh my god, Yoongi! Haneul is too cute for a baby!”

“Bull, Jiminie.”

 

“Yoongi! What bull?!”

 

“Shh! Guys! Jungkook’s is sleeping, next door. Keep it low.”

 

Taehyung’s voice again. Jungkook felt like he was obliged to open up his eyes at his husband’s voice. It was an involuntary these days, for him to be alert at the voice of his precious, his husband and his son.

 

Jungkook got up slowly from the bed. Shook his head a few times to gain his body balance. Damn. How long had it been since the last time he gets a proper sleep!

 

The noises from those people besides his room was getting vivid when Jungkook approached the room door’s knob.

 

“I mean, Jiminie, you can always tell me if you want a baby.”

 

“Yoongi, let me remind you, we aren’t married yet.”

 

Jungkook chuckled. That low dangerous voice of Jimin.

 

“Well, we will. 2 months from now. Whats wrong with having baby first? We can be a role model for couples out there.”

 

“Shh! Guys! You will wake my husband up. Jungkook is just sleeping for 8 hours now! Let him sleep more.”

 

BAM!

 

The door was flung open.

 

“8 HOURS AND WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP?!”

 

All eyes on him but only the owner of the brown eyes was rushing towards him at the door frame.

 

Taehyung looked, worried?

 

“Kookie, are you okay? Im sorry. Those people couldn’t stop talking out loud- God I don’t know how loud they would be once they live under the same roof.”

 

“Oh, please. Jiminie is so loud already.”

 

“Yoongi!”

 

Taehyung ignored that and still kept his eyes on Jungkook. Jungkook brought his hand to pat Taehyung’s cheek and then soothed the lines on his husband forehead with his thumb.

 

Jungkook laughed.

 

“No. Im fine, hyung. But, have you eaten? And Haneul? How bout him-“

Jungkook looked over Taehyung’s shoulder at the mention of their baby’s name. Haneul was staring up with his big eyes, at those hanging plastic butterflies above his cot.

 

The scene, somehow was like a potret for Jungkook. A beautiful potret that he could stare forever.

 

And suddenly Jungkook felt a warm pair of lips on his.

 

“Kookie, fret not. I have settled everything and Jimin, Yoongi and me even changed the diaper.”

 

“Wh-what? 3 people changed 1 baby diaper?”

 

Another kiss on the younger’s lips.

 

“And now, I really know, it is hard being you. So let me help you, teach me how to take care of him too.”

 

Jungkook nodded with a laugh. He felt happy. Sure his body was tired, this month wasn’t his favorite but hey, he got his husband by his side all the time now. This would be fun.

 

“Let me and Yoongi help too. We wanna learn.”

 

“See guys, Jiminie does want a baby before the wedding. Do you love me that much, Jiminie mommy to be?”

 

Yoongi s his arm around Jimin’s waist. Jimin let out a scoff but letting his body to be pulled closer to his fiancé.

 

“Yoongi, cant you even act like this is an arranged marriage like my hyung and Jungkook before?”

 

“Nah. I cant.”

 

Jimin looked up at the ceiling but damn, he felt super happy on the inside. Jungkook just laughed whole heartedly while looking at his husband.

 

“Oh please. You guys don’t want to be like us at the very beginning.”

 

Taehyung smiled back and nodded his head with a soft,

 

“Yeah.”

 

Soon after that, Jungkook and Taehyung took their baby from the cot and headed to the bathroom inside the baby room. To give bath to their little baby so that left this loud couple.

They bathed the baby together and Jungkook almost laugh seeing how awkward Taehyung was holding Haneul at first but soon after that, Taehyung looked so comfortable.

 

Jungkook pecked his husband’s lips.

 

“Daddy of the year.”

“Mommy of the year.”

 

A counter attack kisses landed on Jungkook’s lips before reaching on the baby’s cheek.

 

“And of, course, little shashimi of the year!”

 

“Kim Taehyung!”

#

 

They were still continuing their little bickering session outside of the bathroom while waiting for the baby to get done bathing.

 

“Jiminie,”

 

“Hmm.”

 

“Jimin.”

 

And this time, Jimin turned his head to look at Yoongi who was still hugging his waist tight.

 

Yoongi looked serious and damn. Jimin gulped a few times because a serious Yoongi, was the hottest Yoongi. Jimin gazed down. Gulped again upon seeing the loose tie hanging around the older’s collar.

 

Yoongi in his office suit was just, a killer. KILLER!

“Do you want a baby?”

 

“I- um, Yoongi, I”

 

Jimin stammered.

 

“Do you really want to take care of a baby? Are you ready for that? For what Jungkook is being through?”

 

Jimin nodded shyly. Yes, He wont lie that the idea of being ups and downs with your love one while taking care of a baby somehow had intrigued him.

 

“I, like babies. B-But not that Im desprat-“

 

Yoongi pecked Jimin’s lips in order to hush him off.

 

“I’ll give you cute baby, Jiminie.”

 

“Yoongi? Are you serious?”

 

Yoongi loved it. How Jimin’s excited voice was getting pitchy for each seconds.

 

“Yes, Jiminie. Our babies are going to be all cute.”

 

Jimin chuckled.

 

“Cuter than Haneul?”

 

Nodded.

 

“And how are we going to get babies that are even cuter than Haneul?”

 

“Oh, easy, Jiminie. I just have to hit your spot at the different angle to make sure the went all direct to your-“

 

“YOONGI! JIMIN! I SWEAR TO GOD IF MY BABY CHOKE ON THIS WATER BATH, I WONT LET YOU TOUCH MY BABY FOREVER!”

 

And they both laughed. Taking Jungkook’s warning as nothing but just air.

 

 

 

 

#IM SORRY THO. YOONMIN KINDA HANGGED. BECAUSE I WAS THINKING BOUT YOONMIN VERSION. "THINKING" IM NOT PROMISING ^^