1--

the dynamics

Everyone notice baekhyun has been much closer to xiumin since the end of last year—since luhan’s departure. They knew that baekhyun notices that his hyung was breaking, and was trying to lit him up a little and give him warm embrace to make sure somebody’s still there. What they didn’t expect is that they really becoming close, because unexpectedly xiumin sees baekhyun’s various sides and how he really makes him a lot brighter—even more than before anything was happened. They always know baekhyun has this opposite sides of him behind his witty and noisy appearance that could make anyone who’ve seen that side of him opened up and feel at ease; and apparently xiumin was no exception.

What they didn’t know is that baekhyun too, was at the edge of breaking down. And no, it’s not because of the scandal. Heck that moment he was pissed with everyone who suddenly turned their back towards him *cough*his*cough*supposed*cough*fans, and those “friends” of his who suddenly nowhere to be found. And he was very confident about his bond with her to even gave thought of those hateful comments.

Until she dumped him.

He was really okay if it’s because she couldn’t take those hate, he also didn’t want to see her hurting too much. But God really likes to play with him, since she dumped him because of a very different reasoning. Turned out he was just a cover up for her real relationship, and that all of the ‘scandal’ was planned carefully by the company, and they choose him since it’s been almost official that he was her biggest fanboy in the industry. No wonder it was really awkward: the date, the location,etc etc, but he was really into his fanboying side and didn’t even notice it AND DAMN IT PAINS HIM SO MUCH TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. And really, he was going to be okay if she dumped him because she felt sorry. Unfortunately, it’s still a no.

She didn’t expect it to be so huge, and she couldn’t be more sorry to see her fans breaking.

Her. Fans. Brea. King.

(when it happened baekhyun was still in his delusional mind and comforting himself by thinking that her fans=including him)

And he thought they’re still cool, they were kind of close before the ‘dating’ thing afterall. But again it’s a No. She unfollowed all of his sns accounts and really avoided him in real life. Maybe around that time he was awaken, that she really wasn’t into him at all. And adding to his surprise, he found no one on his back. Maybe that was the time his inside started to breaking apart.

He did try to find somebody to lean on, but the number was too limited. He suddenly realized that he is the kind who get along with everyone but doesn’t really have a lot of people he really close to. He didn’t have any bffs (close friends yes, but he’s already lost contact with all of them) in his hometown, or from his school days. And all of the drama inside his team did wonders in reducing people who’s willing to stick by his side. Afterall he is the second eldest in K, (and now) the fourth in general. He couldn’t be shamelessly rant about his problem with the maknaes, he also knew that the leader already have too much weight on his shoulder.

Who ? chingu-line? Jongdae is indeed one of the closest person to him since he came to Seoul, but after all of the drama that M have been facing, and how all of his recent stories that sounded full of worries about his singing career, baekhyun can’t let himself giving him another burden. Chanyeol is..(without any intend of badmouthing him) not really a person he’d considered to turns to at the moment. Yeah they were much closer before, and he didn’t really know what sets them apart now. All he knows is that it’s already a long time since they talk about any personal matters. And it’s not like any of them think too deeply into that, they still play and laugh together, so it’s fine.

That’s why he chose xiumin, with an intention of giving him a little comfort while hoping he’d get some comfort too, and become maybe more brighter together. (what he didn’t expect is that he really found a really reliable hyung and friend as a result)

Wait, there are still another option.

One is Lay, well after the departure of the two (soon to be three) chinese members, it’s almost natural that no one would try to come into his sensitive side. Baekhyun knows that he’s too nice, and soft, yet strong. (he still cuddles with him from time to time)

 

And there is Kyungsoo.

And suddenly thing becomes a little more complicated.

They are not stranger, nor they’re the best of friends. They are rival at times, get into real or cold war and fight from time to time. but they are close, more than their respective closest friend, sometimes. Baekhyun finds his relationship with Kyungsoo is the hardest to explains. It’s like they have this thick mixture of tensions and strains between them; yet they have been stepping the boundaries and breaking each other walls on the other side. Somehow baekhyun feels so tired to keep up with other things when he’s around Kyungsoo, that makes him doesn’t need to put on a happy mask or act all high, so that he suddenly becomes a lot calmer. But on the other side, he also feels really nervous, anxious, and insecure being around the younger male. it’s not helping that Kyungsoo is so busy nowadays, and barely meet any member at all. So baekhyun feels it safer to keep their distance, to make things simpler, to make a little piece of peace in his mind.