final

Being Remembered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are some days that you can’t just forget. Maybe it’s the day that you ask the love of your life to be your boyfriend. Maybe it’s the day that you kiss the love of your life for the first time. Maybe it’s the day that the love of your life confess something terrible. Maybe it’s the day that the love of your life disappears from the world. Maybe it’s all those moments, put in one, and you just can’t forget it. Woohyun stood on that podium as he recalled all those moments.

 

“If I’m not around

I hope you’ll remember me

and together we will hold on to our favorite song.”

 

                                    ― Sanober Khan

 

Woohyun stood in front of his students, on the first day of school. He had been teaching for 4 years at the same high school. He forgot the name of his students once they left his classroom on the last day of school. Except one.

 

{ “Mr. Nam, will you please go out with me?!” A student confessed.

 

“No.”

 

The student didn’t move.

 

“Ask me when you’ve graduated.” }

 

The bell was about to ring for the students to be let of class; however, the intercom .

 

“Hello. My name is Kim Sunggyu, and I would like to say a couple of things. I had just graduated from this school, so I am not a student here anymore. I graduated valedictorian, and I’m here to confess something. I’ve known this teacher for the longest time. I had him freshman year, and I tried my hardest to be in his other classes for the other three years. I was, shockingly, able to accomplish that. I’ve been in love with this teacher, and I just wanted to asked him something. You said that I could ask you out when I’ve graduated, so here I am. Mr. Nam Woohyun will you please go out with me.”

 

The students in Mr. Nam’s class turned toward him. Woohyun ran out of his door and into the office. Sunggyu turned around once he heard the door open, and saw a raging Woohyun coming toward him. Sunggyu put the phone down, and stood there with a determined look on his face.

 

“You’re an idiot.” Woohyun said.

 

“i know, but I still love you.” Sunggyu replied.

 

“It’s been four years.”

 

“I know that too.”

 

“Just one date right?”

 

Sunggyu nodded his head shyly.

 

“Fine.” Woohyun took a sticky pad and a pen from the office desk and wrote his number on there before giving it to Sunggyu. Sunggyu took the note happily, and gave Woohyun a wide smile. That was the first time Woohyun’s heart skipped a beat due to Sunggyu.

 

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.'

I do not agree.

The wounds remain.

In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens.

But it is never gone.”

        

                                    -Rose Kennedy

 

Sunggyu sat on Woohyun’s lap as they watched T.V, at Woohyun’s apartment. They were watching Running Man, and Woohyun was the only one that was paying attention. Sunggyu sat there playing with Woohyun’s fingers, and Woohyun was laughing along with the show. Sunggyu grasped his heart as if something had just pricked it, and Woohyun notice it. Sunggyu got up to go to the bathroom, and he locked the door. After 10 minutes and Sunggyu was still in the bathroom, Woohyun knocked on door a couple of times, but didn’t receive a response. He knocked once again, but again nothing.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter