Umbrellas are Mainstream

How to Avoid the Rain?

I regret going here. I know that I must have been very late but I needed to be here nonetheless.

An unknown number sent me the most intriguing text message that made me go run wild with a rush to my old university.

I hate this gut feel.

The person who sent it to me told me that without me, something very awful could happen and I must take the responsibility afterwards if I will not believe the message. The sender is waiting in our library.

I know it sounds super lame and all – but I am anxious like hell. My phone just got restored and all my contacts were gone. I’ve tried to call the number but it seems like the battery drained mercilessly in the most unwanted timing.

The weather is humid. I can smell the rain coming real soon. I decided to tie my hair on a pony tail and sprint all the way from the gate of the school across the very huge ground field. I was almost out of breath and panting like crazy when I reached the first floor of the building where our library is. I leaned on the glass door and pushed my way in with the remaining force that I have. I accidentally tripped and went out of balance. OH MY.

In slow motion, I saw him running to catch me from my epic fall. He was able to glide right in front of me and save my reputation from a very huge lump of embarrassment from my juniors who witnessed it with shock and amazement.

His face, I recognized it right away the soonest that my eyes focused on him. He steadied me like a weak vegetable; my wasted adrenaline is taking effect. He lowered his posture to match mine as he reached something inside his pocket.

He brushed the strand of my hair from my forehead and wiped my sweat with his handkerchief. His thick eyebrows were so near to each other and both were displaying a worried expression.

His eyes were as anxious as I was, I can’t believe that a handsome face could be staring at me directly and as near as this. I looked down to avoid his gaze and traced my sight towards his undeniably straight nose bridge and his puckered charming lips – he will scold me in no time.

“I told you I will wait in the library. Have I ever told you to hurry and push yourself to run here carelessly? I can wait and I will. Look at what happened to you. I was right to meet you here. I saw you earlier running like you’re being chased by zombies.” he said while pinching my left cheek.

 “Jinnie Oppa, it was about to rain. I don’t have an umbrella.” I hope my obvious excuse can be accepted as a valid reason.

“You don’t need an umbrella; I brought two orange raincoats for you and me. I needed you to come here and try it if it fits well. It’s custom made for us. Eric Hyung and Minwoo Hyung asked me to deliver it to you since they still need to buy groceries. Hyesung  Hyung will be here to pick us up and Dongwan Hyung too along our way. Andy is waiting for us in his house as we speak. Don’t tell me you forgot.” He explained while folding his white long sleeves. He also bent down to fold the edge of his nicely ripped off denim jeans.

“Oh so today is that day. I lost track of time, I failed to remember our slumber party.” I was saved indeed.