Final

Just the Two of Us

There’s nothing better than a little father-son bonding!

 

EXO-K’s Kai and his son Taeoh, 2, spent the day at Seoul Grand Park recently, just days after he hit the stage in Japan where EXO performed at this year’s A-Nation Stadium Festival.

 

The singer, who held on tightly to his son’s hand while making their way through the park, is enjoying his time off while EXO has a brief break in between promotions. The father-son duo, dressed in casual attire, is said to have spent the entire afternoon enjoying the zoo and other activities that the park had to offer.

 

The “Love Me Right” singer also made an appearance at Gucci’s pop-up store opening later that evening… (click here to read the rest of the article)

 

- Excerpt from Dispatch, September 7th

 

_______________________

 

Jongin is so far gone.

 

And it hits him like a speeding freight train, makes his heart race faster than he thought was anatomically possible.

 

There are times, moments like this, when he can’t imagine what his life would be like if Taeoh had never been born.

 

He’d thought that he had done all that he was supposed to do, toured all around the world and been more successful than he had ever hoped to be. But the moment the doctor placed Taeoh in his arms, he knew that everything else would be miniscule in comparison to looking into his son’s eyes for the first time.

 

Taeoh’s so precious, nearly angelic with adorable pouts and wide brown eyes and he’s the most important thing in the world to Jongin.

 

He’s impossibly curious about everything. Wants to know why the tigers can’t play with the red panda’s, why they’re constantly being watched by spectators throughout the day.

 

(Why daddy is always traveling and needs security everywhere he goes)

 

Jongin tries to answer most of these questions as best as he can.

 

*

 

Jongin knows how rare a day off is in his field a work, and so with his manager in toe, he and Taeoh enjoy a day at the park.

 

The final days of summer paint the picture for a luminous day out. Sunbeams dancing over their skin as Jongin chases Taeoh through the grass. Taeoh’s blissful laughter echoing across the field.

 

(Jongin always strives to make Taeoh laugh. Even on days when he’s too tired to move because of a performance or when his back is sore after a late dance practice.)

 

They finish lunch and his manager-hyung casts him a judging look when he feeds Taeoh a chocolate-covered ice cream with EXO’s name printed on the front, but it’s worth it just to see his son’s face covered in sticky sweetness afterwards.

 

There are moments throughout the day when Jongin gets lost in his own thoughts or distracted by the inevitable crowd that begins to surround them and Taeoh gets cranky.

 

A full-on tantrum and he nearly pitches a fit until Jongin gives him the attention that he had been craving.

 

(Taeoh can be so moody, so demanding and Jongin is in love with all of it.

 

He see’s so much of himself in Taeoh that he doesn’t know how to handle it.)

 

It’s later, when the park is closed and the sun begins to cast an orange glow on the city, Jongin carries Taeoh home.

 

His son breathes serenely over his skin as he sleeps against his father’s chest.

 

Jongin kisses his hair, relishing the scent of sweat and adoration.