Challenge accepted.

The Nervous Game

 

 


"Minhoooooooo~"

Oh God, that voice. It couldn't mean anything good.
Sighing, I put down my magazine and looked up at the half blond prancing up to me. Prancing, who even prances nowadays? "Yes, hyung?" I answered sweetly, pretty much sugarcoating every syllable. 

It's not that I didn't like Jonghyun. In fact, I find him very nice. He's funny, he's willing to listen to his dongsaengs, he's not all that bad looking and- wait, what am I saying? Ugh, I shouldn't let my mind wander like that, I feel like another one of our fangirls. I shook the thoughts out of my head in time to hear Jonghyun's question.

"Wanna play a game with me?" he said with a mischievous smile.
That smile. It's completely innocent to the other members, but not to me. To me, it hid a trap, and I'm not gonna fall for it. Whatever you're up to Jjong, it won't work.
"Naah, I'm really tired, hyung. Maybe another time?"
"Hmph. That isn't like you. Of all the members, I figured you would be the one who wouldn't back out of a challenge. Oh well. I guess you're not as good as you say you are."

That struck a nerve. My hand twitched in a mix of annoyance and wanting to punch the guy away. Everyone in the dorm knows that he and I were the most competitive members. When it came down to who could eat the most, who could do the most push ups, things like that, we would always push each other. And this isn't any different.

I hesitatingly murmured, "Fine, Jonghyun. What game would you like to play?"
His eyes perked up at those words, and the dangerous smile came back to his face. What had I gotten myself into?

"It's called the nervous game," Jonghyun said with a smirk, "It's simple, really. First one to flinch or get nervous, loses. Still want to play?"
I considered the situations that could arise from this. It was either quitting right now and getting made fun of for the next week, or playing this so-called game and not knowing what would happen. The first possibility wasn't to my best interest at all. So I complied, and the game began.

My back stiffened just a bit when Jonghyun sat down next to me. It wasn't a casual seat next to my hyung, my fellow SHINee member. It was now a battle between me and him. And considering how close his mouth was to my ear, it was going to be a hard battle indeed. I could feel his warm breath as he whispered softly, "Are you nervous?"
Those three words sent a shiver down my spine. "Aw, come on now, we just started. Don't tell me you're done for already," Jonghyun cooed. I refuse to lose to him, and so with a deep breath, I replied, "I'm fine. Give it your best shot."

"Heh, this is more like it," Jjong whispered to himself, and with that, his hand went onto my lap. Slowly, but surely, it moved up my leg, and every few inches it moved, he whispered the same three words once again. Each time, his fingers sent electricity coursing through my body, as if he were a magnet, attracting every particle of my sanity away from me. His hand started getting closer to where it shouldn't be, and my mind wasn't working. Not good, not good at all. But one thought managed to come into my mind that I was able to understand: two can play at this game.

Moving fast, so I didn't have time to consider the regret that would come with this action, I swung myself over Jonghyun, so that I was resting comfortably on his lap, my hands wrapped around his neck. A look of shock flashed upon his face, but only for a split second, until it was replaced with another famous smirk. His arms wrapped around my waist, teasingly rubbing his fingers along the edge of my sweats. Still not willing to lose, I allowed my slightly shaky fingers to the first few buttons of his shirt. Sure enough, I soon felt his toned chest against the pads of my fingers. God, since when was he this muscular? I don't know, and I don't even care because all that matters is that his hands were travelling south on the wrong end of my waistband. I could feel his warm fingertips brushing against me, with nothing in between, and I unintentionally let out a deep sigh of pleasure. 

Wait, this isn't supposed to be happening. I'm not supposed to be happy over this. This is my rival we're talking about here. But still. If this is what you have to do to win, I'll just have to try harder. My hands reached up to his face, and pausing for a second to feel that jawline that I watch so much on stage, I lean in and connect our lips. Keeping my eyes open for just a moment, I saw his own eyes widen and his entire body freeze in shock, followed by him closing his eyes and relaxing himself. I did the same, and we sat there for a minute, warm lips touching, with nothing changing.

At least until we heard the door open, and the voice of Onew-hyung.
"Yah, Minho, whaddya want for lunch-- oh- uh, nevermind! I'll just, uh, leave you to get your food later."
I didn't compute what had happened until I heard the door slam shut and fast paced footsteps fade down the hall. "! Jonghyun, what are we gonna do abou-", I was interrupted as Jonghyun's lips touched mine again for a split second. "Hush, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that you flinched, making me the winner ~", chimed Jjong happily as he pranced down the hallway exactly the way he came in. I stood in the center of the room, with a mix of surprise, confusion, and slight arousal. I gingerly reached up to touch my lips, and finally, with a smirk of my own, I said to myself,

"Heh. There's always rematches."
- - -
a/n: Bah. ;u; I think I've read over this countless times, thinking, "Crap, did I really write this?" 
I'm used to only reading fics, and I limit myself to reading them, at that. LOL.
But writing these are fun, I guess. I hope you liked my first try at writing a fanfic, and expect more from me later ~