1/1 Let's Play Pretend

Let's Play Pretend!

"Wait- seriously? Yah! You've got to be kidding," the average height male said loudly into his phone. His hair was not too short, but not too long either, and it was a platinum pink. He was wearing semi-formal clothing, and was waiting at a restaurant, planning to meet someone.

"Okay, whatever. I'll just- I'll just figure something out.", the man said into his phone, irritation in his voice.

He looked around the restaurant, closest to him, on one of the stools was another male, who looked around his age. He approached the man who was sitting, enjoying his drink.

"Hi! My name is Byun Baekhyun.", he introduced himself with a smile. 

The man stopped sipping his drink, gave a slight nod and introduced himself,

"I'm Park Chanyeol."

Baekhyun was taken aback by his deep voice. Chanyeol's had nice features, and a perfect smile, and he was dressed nicely. Black pants that cut off at his ankle, and black shoes with a white sole. Chanyeol was wearing a white dress shirt that was tucked in at his waist.

"Great, hopefully that makes things easier." Baekhyun thought to himself. He looked into the eyes of the man who was sitting infront of him, and then said

"So, uh. I'd like to ask a little favour.", shyly. Baekhyun was prepared to be flat out rejected, but Chanyeol smiled sweetly and said,

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" 

Baekhyun was surprised that Chanyeol had agreed so quickly, and then proceeded to ask his "favour",

"Um. Well, you see. My mom has been nagging me a lot recently to get into a relationship, and today she wants to meet him. Originally, my friend was going to fake it but, my friend just flaked on me, so... Could you pretend to be my boyfriend?", Baekhyun said with a pleading smile. Chanyeol just looked the man in the eye, and slowly a smile came on his face

"Sounds fun. Sure, why not?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened, and he smiled really big saying

"Wait, really?!"

Chanyeol just pouted nonchalantly, and then stood up from his seat to hear how this plan was going down. When he stood up, Baekhyun realized just how tall he was. He had nice long legs, and the black pants fit him perfectly. Chanyeol grabbed his drink, and followed Baekhyun to the original table he was waiting at. 

"Okay, so. Your name is Chen, and you're a Cardiologist" Baekhyun said,

Chanyeol choked on his drink, at the ridiculous persona he had to take on in about 10 minutes. Baekhyun smiled, sorrily

"Well, to be specific, you're a cardiovascular surgeon. Also, we've been dating for 5 months."

"Yah, you have really high standards, you know that?" Chanyeol joked, earning a smile from the shorter.

"No~ it's not that. It's just my friend is actually a heart surgeon, and I told my mom ahead of time." Chanyeol was nodding and smiled when Baekhyun said

"Sorry.", to which he replied

"It's fine! Thank you for picking me as your fake boyfriend," Chanyeol said with a wink while laughing. 

The two sat down, and waiting anxiously for Baekhyun's mom. They talked about random things, Chanyeol was a model but did some music on the side. Baekhyun told him that he was also into music, and was actually a music teacher at a university near by. They two heard the restaurant's door open, and both saw a middle-aged woman in nice attire walk their way. Chanyeol's heart started racing, as Baekhyun walked towards his mother and greeted her with a hug & kiss. He brought her to their table where Chanyeol was now standing infront of his seat. When Mrs. Byun reached their table, Chanyeol bowed the full 90 degrees, and took her hand in his and shook it.

"Hello, I'm Chanyeol," he foolishly introduced himself. Baekhyun shut his eyes, exhaled and in his mind, facepalmed.

"Dammit, Chanyeol. You had one job." the shorter thought to himself.

Mrs. Byun tilted her head slightly at the name, to which Chanyeol smoothly recovered from,saying

"My real name is Park Chanyeol, but everyone calls me Chen." Baekhyun gave him a look that said, "not bad."

"Oh really? Where did the Chen come from?", Mrs. Byun asked

"Mom, it's just-" Baekhyun was saying, but was interrupted by Chanyeol's deep voice.

"Ah, you see, it's been a thing ever since my first day of college where my professor mispronounced my name", he said with a smile. 

"Yah, if you lie that well, you might make me believe we're dating by the end of this." Baekhyun thought to himself.

Like a gentleman, Chanyeol pulled out her chair, and let Mrs. Byun sit before taking his seat beside Baekhyun. The 3 were talking about certain things, when Baekhyun got up to go to the washroom. Panic rushed over Chanyeol as he wasn't sure if he would be able to handle a conversation with his "boyfriend" there to guide and "remind" him of certain things. As Mrs. Byun was enjoying her meal, she stopped eating for a moment and politely wiped before speaking.

"Chen-ssi.", she began.

"Chen is fine, Mrs. Byun" Chanyeol said with a smile

"Okay, Chen-ah... I've been having some heart problems lately. I was wondering if you could listen to my symptoms and maybe help me?"

"Well, me." Chanyeol thought to himself, and his eyes squinted slightly in frustration. He smiled politely and said,

"Mrs. Byun, considering you're family of my boyfriend, I don't think you should consult me. I may be biased, and-" Chanyeol began to state his point, in order to get out of this mess, but was quickly rebuttled by Mrs. Byun.

"Exactly! You're my son's boyfriend. You should be helping me out, right?", she said with a smile.

"I would help you out, if I wasn't a complete fill-in for your son's boyfriend. Oh, and if I actually had the tiniest bit of knowledge about the heart." Chanyeol thought, then he smoothly got out of it, saying

"But, Mrs. Byun, I don't have your charts. I don't have any of your information, your blood pressure, your blood type." Chanyeol said nodding convincingly, and before Mrs. Byun could reply, Baekhyun returned from the washroom just in time. He took his seat beside Chanyeol, and smiled asking,

"What were you guys talking about?", that's what his voice said. But his eyes were saying

"Did you slip up? Does she suspect anything?" Chanyeol got the message loud and clear, and just smiled and said

"She was asking me about heart stuff.", a little unprofessionally. Baekhyun tensed at the mention of their conversation topic, which Chanyeol noticed. Chanyeol looked the shorter in the eyes, and gave him a look that said "Everything's okay.", then smiled. The 3 were once agan enjoying their meal, and as they were almost done Mrs. Byun began speaking, again.

"Oh! So, Chen-ssi. What did you get Baekhyun for his birthday?"

This time, Baekhyun slightly choked on his food that he was enjoying. Chanyeol tensed up at the sudden mention. This whole meal, Chanyeol seemed nervous, and uncomfortable. And, he always had to awkwardly find his way out of questions that he didn't know the answer to. So, Baekhyun decided that the person he had just met 30 minutes had endured enough, and to tell his mother the truth.

"Actually Mom, he's not re-"

"A song." Chanyeol replied with a smile. Baekhyun looked at the boy beside him that was still continuing this facade. Coincidentally, the restaurant they were dining in had a piano displayed, and of course, Mrs. Byun requested to hear the song her son's "boyfriend" had sung as a gift. Chanyeol got up and walked towards the piano, while Baekhyun and his mom stayed at their table. First, Chanyeol politely asked a server if he could use the piano, to which he was granted permission. 

"He's so nice, and wonderful.", Mrs. Byun said in approval to her son's boyfriend. "Where did you find someone like him?" 

Baekhyun had his chin in his hand, and was leaning his elbow on the table. He smiled and said,

"I'm not sure, Mom.", he looked at the taller who was preparing himself at the piano, "Maybe it was love at first site."

Chanyeol proceeded to play a song called "20" by Seventeen, and then began singing.

"I wanna be your morning, baby

From now on, be alright (until always)

I'll show you how I only think of you,"

Baekhyun was mesmerized by Chanyeol's sweet voice that sang beautiful lyrics, and to be completely honest was becoming sad at the fact that their fake date was coming to an end. After Chanyeol's amazing performance that was awarded with an applause from the whole restaurant, he returned to his seat. Mrs. Byun looked at the couple and smiled, saying

"You two make a wonderful pair."

Chanyeol took care of the bill, offering first and denying either of the two who offered to split, like a gentleman. After a few more minutes of conversation, and wrapping it up, Mrs. Byun said her goodbyes. She hugged & kissed her son, and did the same to Chanyeol who was quite surprised. Afterwards, Mrs. Byun left, and as soon as she was out the door, Baekhyun and Chanyeol sighed in unison.

"I think she liked me." Chanyeol said to the shorter, laughing. 

Baekhyun laughed at the latter's comment, and leaned against the table.

"Thanks for today.", he said.

Chanyeol looked at him and replied,

"Yah. You have to repay me, somehow. Got it?"

Baekhyun nodded, 

"How? With what? If you wanted money, I could've taken the bill."

Chanyeol just laughed at what the shorter had said and made his way to the door of the restaurant.

"Go on a date with me!", he said loudly.

"W-what!? I don't have your number!" Baekhyun yelled back as Chanyeol was already almost out the door. The latter poked his head in from outside, smiled and said.

"Your mother has it!", and winked.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

"And that kids, is how I met your father." Baekhyun said to the 2 little girls sitting infront of him. Beside him was their hands intertwined was the love of his life, "Chen", however mainly known as Park Chanyeol.

The 9 and 6 year old just stared at their dads.

The 9 year old was the first to speak,

"So... are you telling us it's okay to lie?", to which Baekhyun replied,

"No~ Seo yeol-ah. You were the one curious, so I told you how we met. It's not okay to lie, but I'm happy I did... Besides, all the misunderstandings were clarified later.."

"At our wedding" Chanyeol added, earning a light punch from his spouse.

Then, the 6 year old decided to join the conversation,

"So, then when Jae Min wants me to pretend to play house, he wants me to be his wife?" Chanyeol's eyes widened,

"Yah. Who's this "Jae Min". Who's this boy that's trying to get with my Hyo Rin, huh?" Chanyeol said protectively, as he got up and began to chase the 2 girls who were running around the living room, laughing. Baekhyun was laughing at the sight of his beautiful & happy family. He smiled while reminscing at how he had met the best father and husband of all time. He was thankful his friend cancelled on him. Thankful that he decided to lie, because if he didn't who knew where he would be. But most of all, he was thankful for that tall handsome young man, sitting in a restaurant enjoying his drink, who decided to agree to play pretend.

 

 

THE END

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

Elloooo. I hope you enjoyed this oneshot, I'm not that great at fluff, though. Sorry. LOL, school has completely taken over my existence, and I'm late uploading this. Hope you liked the story, and comments, upvotes & subcriptions are always appreciated! I'm planning to release another oneshot and then a chaptered story, so please look forward to those. Also, check out some of the other stories I've written! ^_^ - Zen.