102811

Someday, Maybe




Good morning beautiful world. I greeted as I grabbed coat and headed out my apartment door. This is going to be a nice day.





La lala lala la~~ a familiar voice hummed in tune. I looked over to my right and I saw my ever lovely best friend. 




“Hi, good morning Tiffany,” I cheerfully greeted her. 



She took off her earphones and smiled at me back. Worlds could clash right now as young group of boys crowded her and took her books and her bag giving her assistance and for me its effing distractive, I mean how could she keep up with those annoying admirers? I am not jealous or anything it’s just that, ugh~~ 



“Sorry, I didn’t see you,” a guy glanced back as he was running. 



Great! Now my books are on the ground. I hurriedly took each book and dusted them placed on my arms. 







“Hi Sica,” someone greeted me.


I looked back and thought to myself, this day gotten better.


“Hello Yuri, long time no see.” Gosh am I blushing? Can’t be.



Oh by the way Yuri was my old time crush, big time. But that was a long time ago, I already found someone who I wanted to hold onto tightly. I told Tiffany about Yuri all the time and she doesn’t seem to be listening as always. Anyway, Yuri is the popular girl in town. Her father owns a famous restaurant downtown and a great cook, which she inherited by the way. 



“Hello earth to Jessica,” Yuri kept snapping her fingers right in front of me. 



“Oh I’m sorry,” I replied and hung my head low. 



“You always space out in the middle of something, should I be worried?” she chuckled.



What did she just say worried? Gosh am I really blushing?



“Come on, it’s first day of the week and you are out of focus.”



Yuri dragged my arm as I followed her from behind. We reached the homeroom and noisy students were all over the place. Aish this bothers me from reading a good book or sleeping but something caught my eyes.





“Hey what’s that?” I stole the paper Tiffany was reading intently.






“No-nothing. Give it back,” she struggled to get it back from me and sighed in defeat because I was stronger than her somehow. 




Before I could even take a proper look at the crumpled paper now in my hands, “it’s a love letter” I heard her say and as her best friend I hugged her and said congratulations. 
I gave her the paper immediately without having second thoughts to look or read it. What for? I already knew what it was. I was happy for her, I really am but deep inside there was also a hint of jealousy. Tiffany who was always the funny one, the one with eye-smiles who no one dares to resist and the one I cared for so much. She’s getting the best of both worlds really and somehow I even feel pity for myself. 



I quietly sat back on my chair and my eyes automatically drifted to her and as I study her she was holding onto that dear paper very very gently. The paper looks old and the handwriting was in English if I wasn’t mistaken. 

“Maybe that’s from her boyfriend back in America,” Yuri whispered in my ears. The sudden brush of her breath on my ears tickled and I bolted up from my chair and got everyone’s attention. 



“Yuri stop being so sneaky!!” I sounded like a sergeant commanding her. This gave her the ‘chills’ if you know what I’m talking about. If my bestie Tiffany is famous for smiling, I myself is famous for being heartless.(which is a joke, you can laugh but I’m not that bad).


After classes as usual we say our goodbyes here but Tiffany held my hands tighter than before, “Jessi, can you help me move my things?” 



“Huh? What things? Are you moving?”


“Yes, with you.” 


I got a bit shocked and didn’t manage to move for a while. She shook me hoping for a reply.


“Really? You are moving to my dorm?”


“Uh-huh” her smile just got wider.


Oh gosh she’s making it harder to breathe. 


“I wonder why it took long to convince you.” I said happily. Finally I could be with her 24/7 and nothings stopping us now. I thought sheepishly. 


I squeezed her hand back and we walked over to her house. I’m drowning of happiness now but I could sense that she wasn’t feeling quite the same. Oh maybe I’m just over reacting. 







She finally moved in to my dorm. We are officially roommates. How wonderful is that? Her squeaky cute voice would fill my ear nonstop every day. Am I too lucky or cursed? 



“Good morning Jessi,” she greeted as she jumped into my bed and pulled my blanket exposing my body to the cold feeling in the morning. I shivered, she pulled my feet and I fell off the bed. Hitting my head on the wooden floor did the trick and woke me up. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed as the saying goes but I really woke up on the floor and this equals BAD MOOD. Hellsica mode. 


“Get in the shower already and we’ll take breakfast!” 


She threw me a towel after she pushed me inside the bathroom.


Tiffany dragged me to the restaurant(which owned by Yul’s parents) happened to serve the most amazing pancakes. Even if you are really full you would still spare a space for the best pancakes in town. 



“Hey grumpy, why are you so mad at me? You haven’t talked all the way down here.” Tiffany put a worried look on her face and her hair is neatly tucked behind her ears.



Ohh look at her, she’s so cute. How could I get mad at her. But no matter how I giggle and adore her inside my head, my cold persona is still up for cover. It’s like a façade.
“I’m not mad Tiffany, I’m just not a morning person and you know that for the long time that we were friends.” 



“I know. I know. But I don’t really know what you hate about mornings? I mean the first bright rays of sunlight on your skin and the cool wind that blew in the mornings. What is so bad about them? I actually wake up early just for that and the birds chirping too. You’re missing out a lot Jessi. If you know what I’m saying… oh of course you don’t ‘cause you just wont wake up and appreciate this… I’m gonna stop stalking now.”



I was glaring at her all the time. She must have felt that my stare was actually colder than the ‘cool morning breeze’ she was talking about. She could go on and on talking about a specific topic like this. But I could never get tired of it. 



“No.” I said weakly.


She looked up to me and frowned, “huh? What no?” 


“No. It’s not that I hate mornings it’s just I don’t really like it.”


“Why not?” she’s like a little kid that asked why the sky is blue. To my ears it sounded absurd but come to think of it. Nobody ever asked me that question before. Nobody ever dared to stick with me for so long up until the mornings but now I have Tiffany. 


I took a breathe and with all the barriers of thick ice covering my façade was slowly melting away, “I hate it how I wake up in the morning alone and the birds would chirp happily while I sing a sad song. I hate it how the cold rushes over my body and no one is there to hold me. I hate it how—“ 


My voice suddenly cracked up. I reached for the water and drank. She was silent for a moment. 


“Jessi,” she leaned in and pulled me for an unexpected hug but I willingly gave in, “you know I’m always here for you.” 




She gave me a delicate and tender smile. I’ve never seen that smile of hers before. It’s not her famous eyes-smile either, it’s just a simple smile yet warm and pure.

I smiled. My heart smiled too. 


She held me like a delicate piece of art in her arms. And the warmth I received from her embrace was something I’d look forward to in early mornings.



“Yeah Mom, I’ll be on my way to school,” Yuri just came out of the restaurant’s kitchen and stopped right in front of our table. Tiffany didn’t notice her.


“Ahem, this is not a hotel,” she teased, “but I could gladly cover up for you two at school. You know, in case the prof asks.” 


Yuri winked and exited the door. 


I wanted to smack that kid so much. 


It was almost a week that Tiffany and I had been roommates. I couldn’t care less waking up to her singing in the shower and I got used to being dragged into the bathroom every once in a while. And more over, I always get back hugs every morning. Take that. Every single morning we’ll have breakfast too. I couldn’t ask for more until this day came.



“Hi Tiffany,” a young gorgeous man walking up to us.


“Oh hi Siwon, hmm you haven’t changed a bit,” she remarked.



He smiled. He’s really gorgeous looking. But what’s with the awkward tension?


“I know, I’m still hot aren’t I.” 


Wow he’s so full of himself but true to that he is.


“Wont’ you introduce me to your lady friend here, Tiffany?”


“oh yeah, Jessi this is Choi Siwon. My ex-boyfriend.” 



He held up his hand arrogantly and smiled brightly. 


I shook his hands like nothing in the world was wrong but honestly, my head began to spin and not another word they uttered was heard. In my head was complete silence. The only sound I could hear was my heart breaking. 




Later that night she started a small chat like we used to do before bed, “Jessi, do you like Siwon oppa?”


“What? Me.. no of course not? Why made you say that?” I demanded an explanation


“Well he seem to interest you earlier. Or maybe you were jealous.” She rolled her back from me and hugged a pillow.



“-J-E-A-L-O-U-S? how?” I spelled it out loud and clear.


“Well you kept glancing at him and I noticed you did a lot.”


Because I was checking what you liked about that arrogant punk, I screamed in my head. I deliberately threw a pillow and hit her head. 


“Why did you break up?” Looks like the curiosity of me slip those words out of my mouth. 


“He couldn’t understand me. But but I just. I cant leave yet,” she said desperately. 


I was rather lost for words. If only my heart would talk.


“Why not?” 


“Jessi, remember that letter I was holding before? The thing you snatched from me?”


I simply nodded. 


“It was a love letter—“


“I know. You don’t have to keep repeating that Tiffany.” 


I felt like crying, why does she have to tell me that again?


“it was my grandfather’s love letter for my grandma.”


Boulders, stacks, and files of guilt rushed throughout my system. 


“Tiffany, I- I don’t know what to say.. I’m sorry.” 


I went over to her bed and gently her hair.


“I envied my grandma Jessi. You know she held his hands until his last breath. From there I saw what true love really means. I saw how my grandma refused to leave him even when he left already. She stayed by his side and before my grandma went to be with him, she gave me my grandad’s love letter.” 


“Wow, I hope you’ll find that one true love too Fany.” 



If you could only notice me someday. If only you could feel my love and know my heart beats for you. 


We ended the conversation. I continued stoking her hair until she fell asleep then I lay beside her. I smelled the scent of her shampoo and I was swiftly lulled to sleep. I didn’t dare dream about us because I was afraid to get hurt. I’d rather endure the pain just by staying by her side as a friend than a hard stab on the heart by truth and reality.



I’ll wish and keep wishing on my cookie jar of luck. 


Until that day comes and the stars hear my wish.


Until her heart beats the same as mine.


Until no more words would exchange and our hearts will understand.


Until you notice me… then I’ll promise to hold your hand until my last breath.




END
<3 



hello hello. another one shot for you guys.

i just tried o write in jessica's perspective. 

hmm i think there's going to be part two for this maybe in tiffany's perspective? 

hahah nah.. it's a one shot. 

but dont worry guys, you know jeti always ends up in my stories. 

i cant deprive you of that. 

peace out.

thanks for reading.