Chapter 1~The Elite of the Elite

Stronger Than My Blade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

       I yawned as I played around with the shadows. People say this is the most important day of your life, either you go home poor and have to start the academy all over again or you graduate and earn money. But here I am acing all the tests like childplay. I use the shadows to fling around my pencil as I watch this poor girl get beat up by a superior. 

"Jade....no last name. Please come to the testing arena."

  I jump down and watch as the now pitiful looking girl walks up the stairs in shame. It's hard to believe that a few days ago she was one of the elites; the school's most popular students.

I smirk, "Don't fall on your way up."

She just continues to walk away, her head even lower down. I step into the arena and choose my weapon, a sword that I can change in any way I want. My superior just smirks and gets in fighting position. I adjust my armor and nod to signal that I'm ready.

"Start!"

He lunges for me quickly, hoping to catch me by surprise. But no, no, no. I'm not a mindless idiot like the others who didn't pay attention to the fights. I dodge smoothly and change my sword to a three bladed scythe. I swing and he dodges, a small piece of his hair falling. He then manulipiulates the weather. Ah, so that's his super power.

"Nice choice," I comment as hail hits me in strong barrades, "but not good enough."

I make my sword into a shield and I decide to use my other powers. As he pelts me from all sides and I dodge I notice his backside is totally unguarded. I run towards the wall and do the jump/flip thing. I then use my shadow to shoot out and grab his ankle. He falls and I grin.

"I win," I say tauntlingly.

I walk up from the arena and sit boredly watching the other matches even though mine is over. Then I can tell what my teammates' powers are.

"You were good," a voice calls out to me.

"Thanks," I murmur, looking towards the source of the voice. It was a guy with brown hair that was parted to the side, He looked a few years older then me. (Okay, I know Suho and Kris aren't the oldest ones but I'm going to make it like that because they're the instructors.)

"I'm Suho," he says smiling.

"Yea," I say, not interested.

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?" he asks.

I shake my head, "No, I don't like giving my name to strangers," I then pause, "But if you were to be my insturctor I would have no choice but to tell you," I muse.

He just smiles a little and sits next to me. The rest of the testing period we sit in silence, studying each opponent. I raise my eyebrows at the stupidity some people have while smirked at the skills others had. The matches ended and we all sat down watching the people who failed be called out like they did every year.

"..........that's everyone who failed! You lot will have to go back to the academy and study some more. And now for the teams."

He called out everyones name....except that I didn't hear mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter