existence

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

           With his arm still around her, Yejin followed Jackson downstairs to the gym.

 

          “Practice doesn’t start for an hour, so we have some time for a game or two,” Jackson said as they walked over to the bleachers to drop their bags. Yejin was tempted to take a seat while waiting for Jackson to grab a ball from the storage closet. The boy ran back with the thing in his hands and bounced it at the girl. Yejin stood and dribbled it for a few seconds before tossing it back, unfamiliar with how to initiate a game. Jackson dribbled the ball before speaking.

 

          “I have my first game of the season next week,” he said while passing the ball back to her. She bounced it and nodded at what he said before tossing it back. Jackson grabbed the ball and held it between his arm and waist, creating a silence in the room. “Are you going?” he asked as he looked at her.

 

           “Going where?” she asked a bit confused.

 

           “To the game,” he said while releasing the ball and rejuvenating it with a few dribbles. Yejin wasn’t a sports fan whatsoever but would feel bad if she rejected him.

 

            “Sure,” she said. Jackson smiled at this and walked to the center of the court. “But you better win,” she added as she walked towards him. Jackson scoffed at this as he bounced the ball and tossed it into the hoop, scoring an uncounted point.

 

            “I always win,” he whispered as he got in her face while passing her to retrieve the ball. Yejin didn’t turn to look at him but heard his footsteps stop and the squeak his shoes made as he turned around.

 

            “What do you want to play?” he asked as he stood beside her. The girl thought and due to her non-existence reservoir of basketball knowledge, shrugged her shoulders. Jackson walked in front of her, assuring she had a clear view of him and shrugged his shoulders in a mockery.

 

“First to ten points wins?” she challenged, remembering her game with Youngjae and suppressing laughter at the memory.

 

“Okay, and the loser has to kiss the winner,” Jackson said with a goofy grin as he jogged to the middle. Yejin rolled her eyes as she followed him.

 

“No, the loser has to…” she trailed off while thinking of a possible punishment.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter