Two

Love Me Again

“Good evening, Miss. What would you like to order?” A waiter approached Ra Eh politely with menu on his hand.

“Ah, can I order when my friend arrives?” She smiled, unassuming of what was to happen.

The waiter nodded and bowed, leaving Ra Eh to herself.

Hey, I’m already here. Where are you?

She texted Jong In.

 

 

On the other side of Seoul, Jong In was sitting quietly in one of the practice rooms inside his company building. Electro-pop music was blasting from the speaker.

“What brought you here, Jong In? I thought you finished your practice a while ago, no?” A petite girl asked him.

“Ah, yes, Noona. I was just –,” Jong In didn’t get to finish his sentence.

“Aw, Jong In. You came.” Another girl, slightly taller, chirped cutely as she entered the room.

“I shouldn’t have asked.” The petite girl said to herself and left the couple to themselves.

“I’m so tired. Our new dance routine is very exhausting.” She pouted.

“You looked great back there, Soo Jeong.”

“You think so?” She blushed and brought her hands to cover her cheeks.

Her pretty face radiated nothing but pure adoration for the boy.

Jong In just hummed. He, too, was caught by her beauty, pulling him to something he shouldn’t have come across in the first place.

Just like that, the two continued to exchange sweet nothings.

 

 

Ra Eh understood that she had been sitting, without placing an order, for forty-five minutes already, but she was determined to wait for her boyfriend. She knew he would come. He promised he would come.

Ra Eh saw the same waiter was approaching her, probably ready to kick her out, but she beat him to it. She purposely raised her hand as if she needed assistance.

“Yes, Miss? How can I help you?” The waiter inquired politely, face void of the initial warm smile.

“Can I have a glass of Lemon Tea, please?” She beamed, trying not to sound threatened or afraid.

Jong In would surely come. She would never doubt him. He had promised her.

 

 

It was a little past ten when Jong In arrived at the dorm.

The rest of his bandmates were either fast asleep or had gone back to visit their parents. Se Hun was one of the few who stayed.

“How was your dinner?” The tall guy greeted him from the living room.

“What dinner?” Jong In asked casually, dropping his bag somewhere on the floor.

Se Hun looked at his best friend in a mild surprise. His eyes were saying “Seriously?”

When Jong In didn’t get the clues, Se Hun snapped in rage.

“You’re supposed to have dinner with Ra Eh, remember!? It’s her birthday, damn it!”

The younger guy threw the cushion on his hand.

“Oh, ! I forgot! ! ! !” Jong In screamed in panic.

His mind went frantic. How could he forget such an important day? No, how could he forget such an important person?

Jong In sped through the night and by the time he arrived in front of the restaurant, it was already closed. He hit his steering wheel and cursed.

Ra Eh, however, was still standing in front of the dark building and entertained herself with Superstar SMTOWN on her phone. She was so close to clock in her new high score when somebody snatched her phone away.

“Hey!” She complained and looked up, ready to lash out her anger, only to meet Jong In’s troubled eyes.

“Why are you still here?” He asked through gritted teeth.

Ra Eh scowled. She was the one who waited, yet she was the one getting scolded.

“I asked you. Why are you still here?” Jong In asked, firmer this time.

“You could have just gone home, Ra Eh. Didn’t it ever cross your mind that I might be busy that I couldn’t come?” He continued and raised his voice.

“You promised you would come. You promised. And today is my birthday. You never missed my birthday. So I’m sorry if it never crossed my mind that my boyfriend was busy and couldn’t come to celebrate my birthday with me!” She yelled back, purposely bumping into him as she walked away.

Jong In ran his hand through his hair. Frustration was radiating off him.

“What?” She complained as she felt being tugged back by her wrist.

Her anger, however, got muffled into Jong In’s jacket as the guy hugged her with all his might.

“I’m sorry, Rae. I’m so sorry.” He whispered into her hair, kissing the crown of his girlfriend’s head repeatedly.

“You promised, Jong. You promised.” The girl cried as she hugged him back.

“I know.” He sighed.

“I’m sorry, Rae. I really am.” He said, cradling the girl’s face in his hands.

“I’ll make it up to you?” He suggested sweetly as he wiped the girl’s tears away.

Ra Eh could only hum before letting her boyfriend descended to meet her on her lips.

“Happy birthday, sweetheart.” Jong In smiled into the kiss.