Chapter 1

What do you want from me?

Author's note

Helloooo readers, this is my first time writing a fanfic and the storyline is going to be really (kinda?) slow so please bear with me. I'm also only doing this for fun and I will not be able to update frequently (regularly) as school is being a crazy bxtch. And friendly reminder that there are several cases of swearing in my writing (just a warning). Hope you enjoy! * its bad and boring doe, sorry ^_^ * Oh yea, and this is unedited.

Chapter 1

 

No one’s POV

The sun was setting. It was another busy day in LAX. Hundreds of people rushed to and from every direction. People with black suitcases and laptops, people with  bucket hats and sunglasses, people with strollers and babies on their arms. Out of all those people, there was one with a broken heart, hoping it could be mended back together in a new country, hoping that this is where a brand new life would start.

 

Her small hazel eyes wandered around her surroundings, trying to take in the new environment. Her creamy white skin made her look like Snow White. She had small, pink lips and a tiny, pointed nose. Anyone would believe that she was American. She was wearing a plain white shirt underneath a black jacket, skinny fit jeans and a pair of black sneakers. One hand was holding a South Korean passport and the other was busy carrying a guitar case.

 

Out of all those people, she was the one who caught his eye.

 

Wendy’s POV

The taxi stopped and I got out after paying the driver. I looked at the small one-floored building in front of me. It was a very simple house with white painted walls and a gray roof. It has a white fence around it and there was a small backyard behind. It was like the houses you would see in children’s storybooks. I grabbed my luggage and unlocked the door.

 

 I was greeted by a quite spacious living room. The kitchen was directly beside it. Further inside was my bedroom. I had to admit it was small, but it was fully furnished and very clean. It was a good bargain that I luckily stumbled upon on the web. I lazily unpacked my stuff as I hummed along to Taylor Swift’s Wildest Dreams.

 

Whew, it was finally done! Everything’s put into place. I took a bag of chips out of my bag. My tummy’s been roaring like a lion but I’m just too tired so yea. I ripped them open and stuffed a whole lot of them into my small mouth. While I was munching, I stared outside the window. The sky was black and filled with shining stars.

 

Wait. What?

 

I quickly checked on my phone. 10.45 p.m.

 

Oh .

 

I prepared myself for bed as fast as lightning and set up my alarm to wake me up at 6.00 a.m. Why that early? Cause tomorrow’s my first freaking day at my new school and I can’t be late for first day. I need to make sure to have a good first impression on the professors.  I laid myself on my new bed and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep.

After 10 minutes, a lone tear escaped through my eye. How could I even forget that the bed was the place I hated the most for these last 6 months. The bed was the place where there was nothing to distract my mind from thinking about him. The memories filled my head as more tears started coming out. Why did he leave me without any reasonable reason? Why am I still thinking of him when I thought I moved on already? All these unanswered questions still lived inside my mind. Are 6 months not enough to get him out of my system?

 

Out of a sudden, all these thoughts disappeared. That’s when I knew that I had fallen asleep.

 

Next morning

 

*RING* *RING* *RING*

 

My hands hastily searched for my phone on the bedside table. When my hands found it, I grabbed it and my eyes squinted at the screen. It was 6.00 a.m. Looks like I woke up just in time. I forced my sleep-deprived body to stand up and go get ready for the first day of school.

 

I quickly took a shower and dried myself up. I put on some clean white v neck shirt that was on the top of the pile of clothes and some black shorts. Yeah, I don’t really care about my appearance as long as it is still appropriate. I don’t want to look like I’ve overdressed for the first day of school. I applied just a small amount of make up on my face to hide my fatigue. I was still jetlagged after yesterday’s flight. I tied my long shiny black hair into a bun and grabbed an apple from the fridge for breakfast. I swing my backpack over my right shoulder and started walking towards the bus stop. It was a nice day. White puffy clouds decorated the baby blue sky and the sun shined brightly. I was off to a good start. If I could have a new life here maybe I could finally move on from him completely.

 

I reached the bus stop and not long after the bus arrived. I hopped on and sat on one of the empty seats near the window. I put my headphones on and hummed to the song on my playlist. The only thing that’s constant in my life was my love for music. I’ve never stopped loving music ever since I was young and I never intend to.  It’s the only thing that has been with me through everything.

 

After passing through several stops, the bus finally reached my new school. I got off and tightened the grip on my backpack. The school was huge, a little bit bigger than my school back home.  People of every sort filled the campus grounds. Most of them were all smiley and chatting loudly, probably telling each other how their holidays went. I took a deep breath and walked inside.

 

I went to the administration office which was the first room you’ll see when you enter the building. “Good morning dear, is there anything I could help you with?” asked the kind looking lady behind the counter. I smiled at her and replied, “Oh yes. I’m a new student here, Wendy Lee.”

“Oh the transfer from South Korea? Nice to meet you, Wendy. I’m Ms. Anna and I’m the school’s administrator. Here’s your schedule and your locker. This is the school’s map. Your first class will be English and its just right around the corner. If you ever need help feel free to come to me. Oh, and welcome to our school!”

“Thank you Ms. Anna. I’ll be going now.”

I nodded at her and smiled once more before heading to English class.

 

Mark’s POV

It was another school morning. I sat on the back seat of the bus as I read The Death Cure by James Dashner. The bus stopped at another stop. I let out a wide yawn and stretched my arms. Why did I have morning classes on Mondays? I was about to continue reading when my eyes caught the sight of a familiar looking girl. I cleared my glasses to have a better look. It was really her. Those intriguing hazel eyes and that pale white skin. What was she doing here?

 

Flashback

 

I was doing my art assignment from the divergent teacher, Mr. Willows. He was the only teacher that would give his students assignments during summer break. No matter how weird he was, he was still my favorite because I loved art so much, other than English Literature of course. I was drawing the breathtaking sun set view from LAX airport. As I was drawing on my sketch pad at one of the restaurants that had a nice view of the outdoor world, there was something, someone, who caught my eye. It wasn’t because how pretty her doll-like face is or how her white skin seemed to outshine others that caused my eyes to follow her. It was her eyes.

 

Empty.

 

Sad.

 

Lifeless.

 

It somehow felt so familiar, as if I’ve seen them before, countless times. I shrugged the thought off and continued doing my assignment. However, ever since I saw her, I’ve been having dreams about her and somehow I can’t get those eyes off my mind.

 

End of flashback

 

She sat on one of the seats as she plugged on her earphones and began to hum. Along the way, my eyes kept glancing back at her from time to time as I continued reading my book. But something that I have noticed was her eyes. It was different from the first time I saw them. Somehow they looked brighter, happier, more alive. Did something happen to her last night that made her happier? STOP. Why the hell can’t I stop thinking of her? Suddenly the bus stopped. I didn’t even notice that we had arrived at school. But wait.. Why is she getting off at this stop too? I followed her from behind as I got off the bus. She headed straight towards the administration counter. Could it be?

*RIIINGGGGGGG*

 

Oh shoot! Five minutes till class starts. I quickly ran to my locker, grabbed my books and headed towards my first class, English. When I arrived at class there were still 2 minutes left. I spotted my friend, Junior and sat on the seat next to him. “Hey dude, found any chicks during summer break?” asked Jr. teasingly.

 

“Stop it man, you know I was working my off during the break,” I replied while hitting his shoulder.

 

“Oh yeah, well too bad then. Have I told you that Olivia and I had the best adventures of all time while you were working at that stupid shop? We were getting it on for 5 nights straight. YEAH!”

 

“I don’t wanna hear anything about your crazy life J. But you know, I’m honestly really happy for you now. You used to be a desperate that would get it on with anyone, even a dog during high school. Ah, good times.”

 

“Shhhh! You’re making me lose my cool man! What if the girls hear you?”

 

*DING DONG*

 

As soon as the first period bell rang Ms. Claire walked into the class. Talk about being punctual af. Me and Jr. quickly went back to our respective seats.

 

“Good morning class. Nice to see you all after the holidays. Today we are…”

 

Out of a sudden, a knock on the door was heard, interrupting Ms. Claire’s welcoming speech. The door then opened, revealing the one and only mystery girl. My eyes widened at the sight.

 

“Oh! New student! Everyone, starting from today we will have a new student from South Korea joining us. Please introduce yourself to the class.”

 

 The girl slowly walked to the center of the classroom. I could hear the boys whispering excitedly and the girls praising her beauty, amazed at how pretty she is, amazed at how she didn’t look Korean at all. But when she started talking, everyone was in a greater state of shock, including me. It was sweet and gentle, I could listen to her voice everyday and never get bored of it.

 

“Good morning everyone. My name is Wendy Lee and I’m 19 years old. It is nice to meet you all.”

 

END OF CHAPTER 1