Chapter 1: Unpredictable offer

Fallen For You

CHAPTER ONE

 

It was past midnight when Liu ahra finished her late photoshoot for a famous magazine. Fatigue attacked her enviable body, but being an angel she was, she still managed to throw polite smiles toward her fellow co-workers, either another models or even photographers. Having swam around entertainment world, she had learnt how to respect other people, in order maintaining her popularity and angelic image.

“It was nice to work with you.” said Kim Saeron, a very young newby with innocent figure.

Ahra replied her nice words with a sweet tone, “Same here, I hope we’ll get to work together again in the future.” 

Saeron smiled then bid her goodbye, as Ahra waved her hand while sending off her junior. When Saeron’s van was finally out of her sight, she decided to roam around a little longer. It was late, her pink classy wristwatch had indicated 1 .07 AM, but aside from her tormenting fatigue, she didn’t  feel sleepy at all. Instead of that, her eyes felt so refreshed. Therefore, she ignored her red Porsche that had been parked in front of the studio.

Heavy makeup was still adhered perfectly into her perfect facial features. Her long beautiful dark brown-wavy hair was blown by the night wind, wildly but beautifully, as she walked by the sidewalk near the studio. Her steps were calm, but had successfully given a dominating feeling. Even her casual way of walking gave off an aura of supermodel.

The road was vacant. Considering the lateness, it wasn’t strange that there were only very vew vehicles. Withal, it wasn’t a big main road, but a small one. Liu ahra always enjoyed silence. She loved night. If someone asked her to choose between periods of times during 24 hours, she would pick night for sure. Because of such reasons, she was walking happily until she spotted a coffee shop.

Without taking seconds for hesitation, she walked confidently to the coffee shop. Well, no one could measure her love toward caffeine after all. Inside the very place, she immediately admired how cozy it was, with black and white concept. It looked classy but modern at the same time. The chill breeze from air conditioner sweep her porcelain skin, as soon as she entered the coffee shop. But she didn’t mind, already used with such coldness.

There were only two customers, including her. So, almost every seat hadn’t been occupied, which made her free to choose. Thus, she decided to place herself in the corner seat, providing outside dawn scenery from transparent glass wall. Even thought nothing was peculiar, that skinny girl still enjoyed the dark view. She had spent around five minutes, before a handsome waiter approached her to collect orders.

“One black coffee for me. No cake, just coffee.”  

At first, the handsome waiter jotted down his note quietly. But it didn’t take long until he realized Ahra’s identity, successfully making his squinty eyes rounded perfectly, surprised. Thus, no shaman was needed to predict the next event, as she knew it too well. The model sighed surreptitiously, as she gave in her infamous signature. The waiter vanished from her realm of view afterwards, with a sheepish smile.

It took another boring minutes until a cup of black coffee landed on the top of table, served by a young waitress, who was completely clueless regarding Ahra’s identity. Therefore, Ahra couldn’t help but be grateful. It wasn’t like she hated her fans –well, maybe some- but meeting fans meant giving signatures, surpressed commercial greetings, along with half hearted smiles. To sum it up, quite troublesome.

The coffee produced appetizing aroma, she sniffed and enjoyed it a little. When her delicate hands interacted with the surface of cup, comfortable warmth radiated through her skin, making a small smile graved at her almost-perfect face.

She only managed to sip a little of bitterness, since a familiar ringtone entered her senses of hearing. The model sighed, thinking that it must be another business call. Reluctantly, Ahra abandoned her lovely beverage and took out her expensive device from wild red prada bag. Albeit not feeling sleepy, she was tired.

Ahra’s  prediction was proven right. Indeed, a business call signified by Kim Taeyeon’s name which dominated her newest phone’s screen. After taking another sigh, while placing index finger at her temple and absentmindedly observing the vapor of hot coffee, she pressed an answer button, “Hello?”

Soon, a feminine deep voice filled Ahra's ear drum. Being a straightforward person the manager was, she skipped courtesy chat and went straight to the point. Taeyeon immediately explained her reason for calling Ahra at this silencing hours -thought she knew the model wouldn't have been lured into dreamland yet, "Do you remember the last interview you have done?"

It took a while until the mentioned event flowed in Ahra's memory. She rested her chin in her palm, completely clueless, "...yes?"

"So, after that interview, a big promising chinese publishing house wants you to be their newest movie's main actress. You don't even need to pass any casting nor audition."

Suddenly, fatigue evaporated away from her body, not leaving any single trace. Her voice was full of disbelief as she stuttered, "A-are you serious?”

She hadn’t expecting this to occur so soon. Her willingness of joining force in acting world had just known to the public in her latest interview, which happened around two weeks ago. It was a relatively short time. Moreover, despite her popularity and big name, there was nothing to prove her performance yet.

Taeyeon chuckled over phone lines, “Are you kidding me? Are you trying to be humble or somewhat? It won’t work for me, kiddo.”

A small frown defiled Ahra’s forehead, while she letting  Taeyeon’s words sink in her mind. Aside from her undeniable physical perfection, she was given cleverness too. Therefore, people who hadn’t known her personally, couldn’t find her blemish.

“But-“

Her words got cut off immediately, “I don’t receive any but. And I have talked with your agency, they loved the idea. So, you better prepare yourself for a flight to China within few days.”

It was hard to disobey Kim Taeyeon when she spoke with such authoritive tone. That night was no dissimilar. Thus, Ahra had no choice but to listen on Taeyeon’s further comprehension. She took another sip of coffee whilst Taeyeon’s words slithered smoothly. She had no intention to utter any word, since she was too occupied with her own thought.

As a Chinese native resident, China had never been a strange land. In fact, she used to pay visits there, regularly. Besides, her parents couldn’t resist not to face their own flesh and blood every months. But, it was in the past. By now, she is trying to avoid stepping in Beijing’s land as much as possible.

However, she didn’t act reluctant for no reason. China, especially Beijing, held a lot of meaning. Even the words itself, had a strange capability in ruining her mood, like putting salt into an open wound. There were too many bitter memories and pains, much to her misery.

When the word “China” trespassed her hearing sense, a certain visual popping in her mind, automatically traversing every components of feeling along with the name of Wu Yifan.

That spoiled bastard.

In one final gulp, she harshly dispatched her early morning caffeine, just like any mad woman would do. Well, even the name of that person angered her.

 


A/N: omg i can't believe that i have finally published the first chapter of my first english fanfiction ever. T^T i hope you'll love it. Don't be reluctant to give me advice okay. I love you guys <3