Chapter I

Complexity of Love

 

 

 

Tiffany stumbled on her way to her door. It was two in the morning, she successfully made herself intoxicated after a long day at work and the short meeting with her girlfriend that ended up in a huge argument that immediately led to a break up.

Same old, same old. She told herself as she down her shot. The woman's excuse was about their time spent together, which Tiffany admit that she's guilty of, but she already told her about her free time before they started their relationship.

'I can handle it. As long as you're with me', Tiffany scoffed. This definitely wasn't the first time somebody dumped her so she already knows the truth about her exes’ reasons.

"You found someone else to , you mean?" she mumbled. Head pressed against the wooden door of her apartment as she tries to insert her key.

This was the fifth relationship where she was left behind for someone else. The second one was quick while the third and fourth were strange. The fifth one...It was all about sugarcoating.

 

The first one was the most special among the five.

 

It was when she felt the tingly touch left by the soft caresses. It was when she felt her walls crumbling into nothingness when she let herself drown in the brown orbs of the other person. It was where she was willing to do anything for her other half. It was when she'd stay up late just to listen to the other girl's stories. It was when she felt loved most and it was when she felt vulnerable.

 

She was overdosed with love and admiration before. But not until she discovered that the woman left her for her brother.

 

".” She cursed when she heard her keys snap. Cut in half.

 

Empty laughter left . It was strange because instead of getting irritated, she only found it amusing. The alcohol must have gotten her so bad.

 

The door a few steps away from her opened and out came her pretty neighbor who eyed her curiously.

 

Tiffany tilted her head, a lopsided grin on her face as she waved hello at the neighbor. She knew that this can cause quite a rumor in their floor but she didn’t care.

It’s not like she has a to give anymore, anyway.

 

A few moments later, Tiffany’s eyes were wide open. She was lying on her couch, apartment door locked and she still has her coat from yesterday.

She smelled the familiar smell of roses in her coat. The smell of roses that she can only find in her pretty neighbor’s home.

 

The phone in her jeans rang. Indicating a call.

 

She fished it out and sighed when she saw the name.

“What?”

Taeyeon needs you.”

She sighed, “Alright, I’ll be there in ten.”


 

“Taetae?” Tiffany called out at the silent apartment.

She heard clattering from the kitchen and then shuffling of slippers against wooden floor.

Taeyeon finally emerged from behind the white walls hiding the kitchen. The former grinned, smile stretched so wide Tiffany was afraid it will tear her cheeks.

“Fany!” the short girl pounced on her and immediately pulled back, she was frowning when Tiffany saw her face again. “You reeked of alcohol! Where have you been?”

“The club. But I’m sober enough already, don’t worry.” Tiffany replied monotonously. “What do you need now?” she cursed her heart for beating so fast because of Taeyeon’s warm hug.

Taeyeon was silent for a few seconds before she finally opened to speak, “Oppa fought with someone a few hours ago. He wanted to know if he could get a lawyer because the man harassed him.”

“Does he have any evidence?” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah,” Taeyeon nods, “It was from the cctv in his office.”

“I’ll need to talk to him to be able to know more about this upcoming case before I send it to anyone in the firm.”

“C-Can’t you do it instead?”

“I can’t, he’s related to me.” Tiffany replied, she took a seat on the couch. She wore her glasses and grabbed out a pen and notepad, “Where is he?”

“He’s still in the shower. I’ll call him for you, wait a minute.” Taeyeon stood for a little while longer.

Tiffany could feel the gaze boring holes on the side of her face but she didn’t pay heed to it.

She finally heard Taeyeon moving away and disappearing to one of the corridors to look for her fiancé.

Tiffany couldn’t take it, she let some tears fall before wiping them away hastily.

Not anymore, no. No more.


 

“Hey, wake up.”

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes, but she could only open them halfway through, just enough to see the woman lying down beside her.

She heard her delighted giggles then felt fingers softly combing her brown hair.

“Miyoung, you have to get up. You have class soon.” Cooed the woman. Tiffany could sense the smile forming on her lover’s face as Tiffany continues to lay motionless. Not willing to get up and start her day with class.

“Miyoung…” then came her girlfriend’s whining.

“I don’t want to,” Tiffany mumbled, she wrapped an arm around the other girl’s waist. Pulling her closer and nuzzled at the crook of her girl’s neck.

“But you have to,” argued the latter.

“Taeyeon.” Tiffany grumbled, she left a smooch on the girl’s collarbone. Pulling away slightly to show her disagreement with what the woman wanted her to do. “I want to lie here, with you. Doing nothing, at all.”

“I also want to do that, believe me.” Taeyeon sighed. She brushed her thumb on Tiffany’s puffy cheeks, “But we have no choice. Remember, our motivation?”

Tiffany could only groan.

“I have work in a few hours too, you know? So we need to start preparing soon.”

“But I don’t want to go to class.”

“That’s your fault for choosing to get that degree, not mine.” Taeyeon chuckled. She kissed Tiffany’s forehead and smiled.

Tiffany liked it best when it’s early in the morning. When the sun hasn’t rise completely yet. She and Taeyeon underneath the warm sheets as their bodies intertwine while having their small banters.

She likes waking up to Taeyeon’s comforting voice and letting the woman play with the strands of her hair as she persuade Tiffany to get off the bed.

But, Tiffany loves it. At times like this, when Taeyeon would kiss her forehead, look at her in the eyes as silence conquer them.

She was melting under Taeyeon’s gaze. She tried to look away, distract her but the other woman wasn’t fazed. Which only resulted for Tiffany to melt more.

“I like it when you hold me,” Taeyeon suddenly says. Taking Tiffany out of her thoughts. The latter blinked and shook her head a bit to give attention to her lover.

“What?”

“I said:” Taeyeon took a deep breath, “I like it when you hold me. Doesn’t matter when or how; hold my hands, hug me tight or I’m just looped in your slackened arms. It doesn’t matter much, really.” She says, pink tainting her cheeks as she spoke her confession.

“I like having you around.” To hell with shyness.

Tiffany can only smile, she found Taeyeon so endearing right now. “Tell me more?”

Taeyeon took her time, probably controlling the beat of her heart that’s beating at the same rate as Tiffany’s. “I-I,” She stuttered and immediately flushed in embarrassment.

Tiffany didn’t laugh though. She only smiled and lightly squeezed Taeyeon in their shared embrace.

The latter started again, “I love it when you poke my cheek or my shoulder from time to time whenever I’m thinking too much. You don’t even care if I suddenly snap at you,” she says. Sounding so amazed, “You take your time whenever you think I’m so annoying and then come back to me afterwards. You don’t stay mad.”

“That’s because I can’t stay mad,” Tiffany replied. Still with that soft smile on her face.

“Why can’t you?”

“I don’t know,” Tiffany sighed, she scooted a little closer. Nose bumping against Taeyeon’s soft cheek, “Maybe because I love you?” her breath hits Taeyeon’s cheek. She could feel the other girl shivering at the sudden contact.

“That’s not a good reason, you know? What if I take advantage of your love for me?”

“Are you going to?”

“No!”

“Then we shouldn’t talk about this,” Tiffany slightly frowned. This talk never existed before.

“I was just asking if you forgive me because you love me,” she heard Taeyeon sigh.

“I do.”

“But you shouldn’t give too much,” Taeyeon says. She sounded stressed more than worried. “Love can kill, and if you’ve given everything that you have. What’s left for you?”

“I have you,” Tiffany replied. She closed her eyes. Somehow, fear started to settle in her heart. “I receive a lot of love from our friends. My family will come around one day but that doesn’t mean that I’m alone; that I don’t have anything left.”

“Your love,” Tiffany swallowed, “Your love is always enough.”

The sun was starting to rise from its rest. The golden hues of its yellow rays trespassed the windows slightly covered by the baby blue curtains in Taeyeon’s room.

She felt as if she have seen an angel without her wings. Only an illusion of its halo can be slightly seen at the sight of Taeyeon looking back at her.

Her heart grew heavy though, as she took in Taeyeon’s face.

The sun may have hit her white porcelain skin wonderfully and yet it, somehow at the same time, showed the glistening eyes of the woman who was looking at her, rather…

Sadly.

Tiffany swallowed, doubt was forming in her heart but she couldn’t let it control her. No, she trust Taeyeon.

She trust Taeyeon, right?

“I love you,” she managed to say without making her voice tremble.

Taeyeon’s mouth opened to say the words back. And Tiffany inwardly cried in confusion as the words that were supposed to make her happy, made her terrified instead.


“Hey,” Tiffany opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Taeyeon lean forward. Her eyes closed again when Taeyeon’s lips pressed against her forehead.

“Hi,” she whispered in response. Hands reached up to cup Taeyeon’s face and pecked the cherry lips.

Taeyeon smiled and leaned back. Her fingers brushed the fringes covering Tiffany’s eyes. “You look exhausted.”

“It’s been a tough month,” Tiffany mumbled. Arms already going around Taeyeon’s waist. “I’m sorry, by the way.”

“What for?” Taeyeon asked. She also wrapped her arms around the girl’s shoulders.

“I barely gave you attention these past few days.”

“I know, baby. I already expected this, okay?” Tiffany knew Taeyeon was grinning but it didn’t lessen the disappointment she felt on herself. “I’m proud of you, Lawyer Hwang.”

“…Thank you for sticking with me,” Tiffany whispered. She pressed her lips against Taeyeon’s cheeks and inhaled.

There was something strange.

Something so foreign.

Taeyeon’s hands brushed Tiffany’s long locks and the latter momentarily forgot the questions in her mind.

“I love you.” Tiffany still heard the restraint in Taeyeon’s voice.

“I love you too.” And somehow, when she inhaled again. The unfamiliar perfume started to work her senses.


“But, baby. I thought you’d be able to come? It’s my first celebration, you know?” Tiffany pouted. She roughly leaned back on her chair and continued to listen to her girlfriend’s explanation.

Yuri looked up from her laptop when she saw Tiffany’s disappointed look.

“Okay,” the former heard.

“No, baby. I’m okay…Taetae? Yeah, I know. It’s okay.” Tiffany forced a grin, “Yeah. Bye, see you later, hon.”

“…I love y-…” Yuri saw Tiffany’s surprised expression. The latter immediately looked at her phone’s screen and her frown deepened, “I love you…” she whispered.

“You okay?” Yuri finally asked when the girl was silent for a few seconds. She hate to see her best friend unhappy.

Tiffany only groaned, she covered her face with her hands then her fingers went to travel across her hair, “I don’t know,”

“What do you mean?”

“I just,” Tiffany sighed and leaned back on her seat again, “Taeyeon…”

Yuri completely forgot her work at the mention of her other friend’s name, “Mhm? What about her?”

“I feel like, something’s off.”

“Off?”

“Look, I just. I know Taetae, I know her like the back of my hand. I’ve been in love with her for years and it’s impossible not to notice.” Tiffany sighed, her eyes looked exhausted than her body.

“And what did you notice?”

“These days; I’ve been eating alone. Be it dinner or breakfast. Sometimes she’s home late and sometimes she goes to work so early I can barely remember how it feels like to have someone by my side.” Tiffany’s voice broke. She cleared , “I-I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to doubt her just because of some minor changes.”

Yuri can only apologize to the troubled girl in her thoughts. She feels so bad when she can’t tell her the truth.

“Taeyeon just got her promotion, right? Maybe it’s because of that.”

“I hope so, Yul.” Tiffany turned away from Yuri but the latter caught the tears trailing down her cheeks, “I hope so.”


“She was my client, Taeyeon!” Tiffany groaned and caught the former’s wrist, “Come on let’s get inside and not cause a scene out here.” She silently hissed when she realized that some were already looking at them.

Taeyeon only gritted her teeth and swatted Tiffany’s hands away. She immediately went inside Tiffany’s office and waited.

When the latter finally got inside and softly closed the door behind her, Taeyeon finally exploded.

“She was leaning on your desk! She was definitely flirting with you!” Taeyeon shouted, throwing her purse on the couch. “And DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO SCOOT SO CLOSE TO HER? DID YOU NOT REALIZE YOUR PROXIMITY AT ALL?!”

“Taeyeon, she’s my goddamn client!” Tiffany shouted back, “She just needed someone to hear her out!”

Taeyeon stayed silent, although she was still fuming with anger. Her phone suddenly rang and Tiffany saw how Taeyeon’s mood gradually calmed down.

“We’ll talk later.” It was all the latter said before she left Tiffany alone in the room.


Tiffany sighed and wiped her face. She heard the front door open and Taeyeon’s soft voice. She’s talking to someone on the phone, probably.

She stared at her reflection and saw how her shoulders are drooped. Her eyes are tired and exhaustion was written all over her face.

But what she doesn’t know is: If she’s physically tired because of the cases she’s currently handling or if it’s because of the now weary relationship that she and Taeyeon tried so hard to fix for the past two months.

It all started two months ago. Five days after their fourth anniversary when Taeyeon’s jealousy was suddenly all over the place.

Tiffany thought it was because of her female client who made a move on her but she was proven wrong ten days after Taeyeon’s outburst.

She doesn’t usually believe that what the eyes have seen are the truth but what she saw two months ago was enough to prove her assumptions.

Taeyeon was liplocking with her brother.

Oh boy, it hurt a lot. She was so mad she wanted to kill her brother. She wanted to hurt Taeyeon, too.

But she loves Taeyeon.

She can’t live without Taeyeon.

So she chose to stay mum and told herself that at least, Taeyeon’s just right beside her. Taeyeon goes home to her every night.

“Hi,” Tiffany kisses Taeyeon’s cheek when she passed by her.

How the latter tensed up after feeling the contact did not go unnoticed.

“Hey,” Tiffany heard Taeyeon clear before the sound of her body taking a seat on their couch with a loud ‘plop’ silenced the awkward noise, “Did you have dinner already?”

“I was waiting for you,” Tiffany replied. She took a seat beside Taeyeon and grabbed one of the girl’s feet, “How tired are you?”

“Dead tired,” Taeyeon mumbled a response. “What did you cook?”

“Omurice.”

“Sounds nice.”

“I cooked it after all,” Tiffany grinned. Her eyes caught Taeyeon’s gaze and her heart felt heavy when she realized the stare was sad. “Are you hungry?”

“Starving, actually.”

“Then I’ll go heat up the food,” Tiffany placed Taeyeon’s foot on the throw pillow then stood up. Her slippers shuffled against the wooden floor, “Go wash up and change your clothes!”

“Mm.”

Tiffany reached for a glass, she poured some water while waiting for their food.

A sigh escapes her lips when her eyes caught sight of a certain picture frame displayed on top of the refrigerator.

“I wonder…” Tiffany swallowed hard, eyes b with tears as she saw the happy grins on their faces. She wish the pain would stop.

“Fany?” Taeyeon’s voice surprised her. She jumped off the stool and blinked her sorrow away.

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay?”

“Mm,” Tiffany nods, not turning to look at Taeyeon as she placed their food on separate plates, “Just exhausted, it was a tough week.”

“I know what you mean,” Taeyeon sighs. Tiffany saw her take a seat on the stool where Tiffany was seated a few seconds ago, “The hospital was quite filled today.”

“Oh?” Tiffany placed a plate in front of Taeyeon and a pair of spoon and fork before she grabbed her own meal and utensils, “Why is that?”

She knows they’re both trying.

“There was an accident nearby, somewhere around Gangnam.” Taeyeon replied with a mouthful of egg and rice, “It was fortunate that no one’s injured so badly. It’s just, there’s a lot of them.”

Tiffany nods, swallowing her own portion of rice and egg then she sipped some water, “Any kids?”

“Thankfully, no.” Taeyeon sighed again but it was soft. “Your cooking is improving.”

“Why, thank you.”

They’re both trying so hard to patch up every holes their relationship is going through. How they’re trying to talk comfortably to one another is an example.

Taeyeon only grinned.

“Are they going to file a complaint?”

“It’s obviously the bus’s fault. The police will manage. Yul might call you tomorrow though.”

“Remind me to switch my phone to speaker.”

“Will do.”

They continued their dinner in silence.

Tiffany looked up, her gaze staying on Taeyeon for a little longer. She wanted to say the words that she’s free to say but she can’t do it.

They’re fighting a losing war and they know it.

“Taeyeon-ah,”

Taeyeon looks up at her, her eyebrows raised and her cheeks puffed while she tries to chew the contents of food in .

Tiffany clasped her fists, her jaws clenched but she forced the words out. Although it was painful, sincere even. It’s just agonizing to say now.

“I love you.”

She didn’t miss the guilt in Taeyeon’s eyes.


“At times like these,” Tiffany mumbled, her fingers combing Taeyeon’s black locks. The latter’s head is on her shoulder while her arm is draped over Tiffany’s stomach. But they feel warm even in their . Maybe it was from the blanket draped over their bodies?

Tiffany continued, “At times like these. I’m always wondering for how long you’re going to stay.” She swallowed, “Why did you stay? Is it out of love? Pity? Remorse? Or Guilt?”

Tiffany felt Taeyeon’s hand clenching slightly on her side. It was a bit ticklish that she wants to let out a giggle but it wasn’t fit for the atmosphere in the room.

“Why did you not break up with me if you love him?”

Silence.

“Is it okay…?” Taeyeon finally responded. Tiffany felt the former taking in a deep breath. “Is it okay if I tell you that I also don’t know what I’m doing here with you?”

“So you’re saying that…” Tiffany felt her heart aching, “You aren’t sure if you love me still? Or who you love more?”

“…I do know I still love you.” Taeyeon sighed, her hold on Tiffany is starting to tighten.

“I just don’t know if my love for you is the same as what I felt until I talked to him.”

Tiffany let out a bitter chuckle, “That’s comforting.”

Taeyeon only smiled.

“If I try harder,” Tiffany spoke again. Her eyes scanned the ceiling of their room and a frown formed on her face when she figured that it’s been months since they last cleaned it. “If I try harder will you stay?”

“You’re trying so ing hard right now,” Taeyeon chuckled. The same bitter tone as Tiffany’s before. “It’s impressive how you’re not even tired. It’s been two months, Fany.”

Oh, Taeyeon. I’m so exhausted you don’t even know. Tiffany thought, her hand stopped moving along Taeyeon’s long black strands. She pushes herself up to sit and so did Taeyeon.

“Are my efforts enough to make you stay?” Tiffany asked, she held one of Taeyeon’s hands and inwardly sighed. She always deemed Taeyeon’s hand fits hers perfectly.

“I don’t know if I can be who you were in love with years ago, Miyoung.” Taeyeon replied in a shaky voice. She knew they’re both scared of the changes that will happen once they give up.

“I cheated on you with your brother. How can you still love me despite of all the I made you go through?”

Tiffany swallowed again, felt Taeyeon slipping away although she’s tightly holding her hand, “You know why.”

“You’re an idiot,” Taeyeon cried.

“I know,” Tiffany inhaled, she feels the pain in her chest starting to double, “Believe me; I know.”


Tiffany drank her shot in one go. She slammed the glass on the table then buried her face further into the warm cave of her scarf. “It ing hurts.”

“Tell me about it,” Jessica replied. Her seat let out a squeak when she leaned back hard, “Break ups are supposed to hurt, Tiffany. You’ve already gone through one.”

Tiffany laughed, “You think I don’t remember?” she pointed her index finger at her temple, “This tried so hard to forget anything, and it did.” Then her finger pointed to the side where her heart is located, “This organ can’t erase the pain. What the , right?”

“The heart is stupid.” Jessica commented.

“Ditto.” Tiffany poured herself another shot of soju, “I just don’t understand why the stupid heart remembers everything! The mind is the one in charge…” she pondered for a bit, “Then the mind is stupid, right?”

Jessica laughed, “Let’s just say that love is stupid,” she also poured herself another shot and raised the glass, “To the single women whose hearts can’t comprehend why it needs to get hurt every single time. Cheers!”

“Cheers!” Tiffany shouted and hit her glass with Jessica’s before she drank the alcohol.

“I’m just glad we’re not outside,” Jessica mumbled.

Tiffany’s head was starting to droop, eyes getting blurry and a yawn threatens to escape her lips, “Hm?”

“I’m just glad we’re not outside, I said.” The brunette repeated, she took a sip from her shot glass, “I’m not capable of carrying you to your apartment. Boyfriend and I broke up, remember?”

Tiffany only giggled, neck arching as she raised her head, “Taeyeon didn’t know if she still loves me. But she ed me before she left. What a , right?”

Jessica only stayed silent, she pitied the girl in front of her.

“She’s a pain in the ,” Tiffany laughed again, a little louder this time. It was a bit angry though. “I-I tried so ing hard so her and I can have a better future and yet,” tears of disbelief poured down from her eyes, “and yet she chose him. She chose my brother.” Tiffany cried. “She loves him.”

Jessica scooted closed and wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s shaking figure, “Shh.” She whispered.

“Taeyeon loves him. She doesn’t love me anymore.”

Tiffany’s grip on Jessica loosened as unconsciousness filled her.

“She doesn’t love me anymore…”


“You know, Miyoung. For someone who says she doesn’t care. You look seriously affected.” Heechul commented, he sipped his martini from the slim glass in his hands. Eyes taking glances at his friend who’s leaning on the counter with a blank expression on her face.

Heechul wouldn’t mind if Tiffany raged, really. What he minds is that she’s so quiet and she’s not even crying anymore.

“I do not care,” Tiffany replied. It sounded more as if she was convincing herself. “It’s just a shock, okay? I’m not expecting them to…” get together after a week. “…You know what I’m talking about.”

“Oh hell, I do.” Heechul watched her gulp down a mouthful of beer. He smiled a little when she grimaced, looking at the warm bottle with distaste. “I was just expecting a woman cursing, and maybe picking out cat fights here and there but…You’re worried about your reputation, huh?”

“Awfully put, but yes—” Tiffany ordered another beer. Tapping her fingers against the cold tiled counter as she waits for her beverage. “—it’s the only thing I have left, after all.”

Heechul chuckled, “I’m hurt.”

Tiffany only pushed him by the shoulder and let out a small smile. Heechul didn’t know if he was supposed to feel relieved.

“Well, this is too much alcohol for me in one night. I still need to go to work tomorrow.”

“It’s a Saturday tomorrow, Miyoung.”

“More reason to work then,” Tiffany swallowed. She jumped off the stool and took out her purse.

“I’ll take care of this,” Heechul held her hand to stop her. “You’re not that drunk?”

“I have high alcohol tolerance, in case you’ve forgotten.” Tiffany chuckled, “Thanks for the free drink, oppa. See you tomorrow.”

Heechul only smiled. He let out a sigh when Tiffany disappeared from his view as the girl already made it outside.

He just wished the God would send someone to heal her.


“Yul, I need some help with Mr. Yoon’s case-…T-Taeyeon?”

The woman stood up from the leather couch, “Tiffany, hi…” Taeyeon brushed her bangs away from her eyes, “Yuri just went to one of your investigators for a case.”

“Oh, okay. Well, tell her I came by and I need to talk to her as soon as possible.” She already made her way to the door whilst willing herself not to cry.

“D-Do you want to join us for lunch?”

“Can’t, I need to meet a client in five. See you around.”

The door already shut closed even before Taeyeon could say her farewell.


“You need to stop acting like a kid, Miyoung. Your brother’s happy. Let him be,”

Tiffany inwardly sighed. She tightened her grip on the chopsticks while gritting her teeth so hard.

“I am trying, father. Anyway, do you know someone who can help me with a case? Like Uncle Lee? I need some help from a well-trusted police.”

“Miyoung, do not change the subject.” The old man frowned at her as he sipped his wine. “All we are asking from you is to respect your brother and Taeyeon. They’re happy.”

“…” Tiffany only looked down and stared at her lap. She could feel tears surging up and clouding her vision. We were happy too. We were happy and yet he…

“Miyoung…” Came her mother’s voice, “Your brother wants you to meet her. Although you already know who she is…It would be nice if you’ll see how much she makes him happy-…”

Tiffany suddenly stood up from her seat. Wood scratching against concrete floor with an irritating screech. “If that’s all that you’re going to say, then may I leave? I have a lot of things to do.” Something better than having to listen to whatever bull that only says; you love him more than you love me.

“Miyoung.” Her father frowned, “I do not like the way how you just cut your mother off like that!”

“Look,” Tiffany swallowed, trying so hard to resist herself from shouting. “I had her first,” her fists clenched, whole body shivering from suppressed rage. She was my anchor. “And he stole her from me. H-How can you tell me to just let this go when I’m the one who was left behind and betrayed and…” Tiffany turned her back on her parents. She exhaled raggedly, silently cursing when tears finally fell.

“…At least give me a month or a year to move on? Please? That’s the least you can give me,” She swallowed. She resisted the urge to hurt anybody or herself. “I-I have a lot of things to do. Goodbye for now, dinner’s on me.” She left in a hurry.

She didn’t want to see her parent’s apathetic faces anymore. She wants to stay away from that damned restaurant.

She wants to stay away from the pain.


“Still no news from Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked, she kept on poking her beans and wondered if Tiffany was here, she would have stolen the vegetable already.

Yuri sighed, “No. Last time she called was two months ago. She was somewhere in Europe.”

Taeyeon only nodded. She inwardly sighed as her mind recalled of the many smiles and laughs that Tiffany left in her memories.

“Do you miss her?”

Hell a lot.

“I don’t have the right to,”

“Good thing you know where you stand.” Taeyeon and Yuri turned in surprise only to see a blonde woman fiercely glaring at the shorter girl.

“And you are?” Yuri asked, she tried to defend her friend from the unknown woman.

“Jessica,” the blonde simply says, “Tiffany’s best friend. We met at an event years ago.”

Taeyeon swallowed, she knew of this girl but never got to meet her in person. She faintly remembered Tiffany wanting her to meet the woman who helped her stray away from her boredom at an awful event. She wasn’t able to meet the girl but not because Tiffany didn’t want her to.

She remembered the reason was because she didn’t make time for Tiffany anymore.

“It’s good to hear that you acknowledge the fact that you don’t have the right.” Jessica stated, she inched closed to Taeyeon and tilted her head. “I’m here to tell you she’s in Busan. I want you to go there as soon as possible-…”

“And why would s-…”

“-…Because,” Jessica turned to Yuri and also glared at her. “I want my best friend to have her closure and get a move on because what you did,” her cold gaze returned to the fidgeting Taeyeon, “ruined the kindest girl I’ve ever met.”

Taeyeon clenched her fist tightly, “You want me to talk to her?”

“Yes. I want you to talk to her and tell her to move on.” Jessica repeated, “Because you literally left her hanging when you said you still loved her and yet chose him.” The blonde sighed, her eyes softened and tone weakened.

“If you don’t love her anymore then please. I’m the one begging you to please,” Jessica’s voice was firm but sad, “Please stop ing my best friend’s heart and pulling her along when you’ve chosen him.”


Tiffany woke up, she felt a warm presence beside her and an arm around her waist.

She sighed when she inhaled the familiar perfume. Heart aching more as her hands held Taeyeon possessively.

They were supposed to talk. The talk was supposed to be about helping Tiffany move on but now, Tiffany deemed it impossible as she lay on the bed with Taeyeon beside her. Both of them as they got caught up in the moment when Tiffany kissed her one last time.

She could feel tears surging up, knowing what was about to happen when Taeyeon wakes up later.

She wasn’t ready to be left alone again.


“Hey, oppa. Why did you call?” Tiffany asked. She was finally done with her meeting and she was planning to stay at home and laze around for the rest of the night.

Tiffany, Taeyeon…S-She…”

The black haired girl’s eyebrows rose at the mention of her brother’s fiancé, “What about Taeyeon?”

She made a scene here in the bar. She’s at the parking lot now, with Yuri and your other friends. She was crying her heart out. Looking for you.

“She must be drunk, then.” A sober Taeyeon wouldn’t look for me, anyway.

She is.

“Why is she drunk? Some girl’s night out? But tomorrow’s not their wedding though,” Tiffany frowned. She ignored the familiar sting that she get to numb every time she feels it.

Heechul exhaled loudly from the other line. His next words shocked the black haired woman.

He dumped Taeyeon.