Day One

Sugar Sweet & Bubble Tea

Day One (Holding Hands)

Like Candy

It isn’t that Sehun didn’t like it when Jongin held hands with him, but even so, he wasn’t really one to show affection that often. He never complained though, because having Jongin around him was enough to make him happy so if holding hands made Jongin happy, he would oblige.

Isn’t that what it means to love someone? To put their happiness before your own, isn’t that what it means to be in love?

So, Sehun really doesn’t mind the moments Jongin slips their hands together and laces their fingers, or the light touches he graces across his back every now and then.

~o0o~

Kyungsoo was the first to notice it.

“Do you not like it when someone touches you?”

Sehun pondered the question for a few seconds before replying, “Not really… I’m not too keen on it, but it’s a bit of a stretch to say that I don’t like it at all.”

Kyungsoo had only nodded at that, leaving Sehun to his own thoughts.

~o0o~

Baekhyun was the second to notice it.

“Sehun-ah, does skinship bother you? Do you want me to cut back?”

Sehun smiled. “No, it’s fine, really. I’m just not a naturally affectionate person…”

“Okay,” Baekhyun said, though his tone suggested that he didn’t fully believe Sehun’s words. “If you say so.”

~o0o~

Over time, all the members (except Jongin) seemed to notice that Sehun was a bit more reserved when it came to skinship, as he rarely initiated it. They constantly asked if it made him uncomfortable, which, maybe to a certain extent, it did, but not enough to make him ask them to stop. Having people who care for you is hardly a bad thing, so he doesn’t see any real need to tell them to stop.

~o0o~

Jongin is the person he touches the most often now, and that’s okay because he like Jongin. He loves him too, but he hasn’t said it yet.

So that’s why Jongin was the last to notice.

“Does holding hands with me make you uncomfortable?” Jongin asks suddenly, his fingers lightly brushing Sehun’s.

“Eh?” Sehun stares at him, having not expected that question.

“Are you okay with me touching you?”

Sehun’s answer is immediate. “If it makes you happy, then I don’t mind. I’m okay with it, so don’t worry.”

Jongin perks a little. “Are you sure?”

Sehun gives Jongin’s hand a reassuring squeeze. “Of course. I just want you to be happy.”

Jongin smiles then, a smile that lights his features in a way that rivals the moon and stars combined. “I’m glad.”

Jongin really was kind and caring person, he always asked about things to ensure that he treated everyone as well as he could.

“You’re sweet,” Sehun says without thinking. “Like candy.”

Jongin’s laugh filled Sehun with warmth. “I’m like candy?”

“Yes, the sweet kinds.”

Jongin taps Sehun’s cheek with his finger. “And what made you think I’m like candy?”

“Because you’re nice. You’re really nice to everyone. That why I think you’re like candy.”

“Hmm. But you know, I’m especially nice to you.” Jongin says, eyes lit from the smile on his face.

“Oh? And why is that?”

Jongin wraps him in a hug. “Because Sehun is my favorite.”

A blush spreads over Sehun’s cheeks. “Oh… well… I love candy…”

“Is that so?”

Sehun nods. “And you’re… like candy…”

“Sehun, are you trying to confess to me?” Jongin asks, pulling away slightly to gaze into Sehun’s eyes. “You know, it’d be easier if you just said ‘I love you’.”

Sehun rolls his eyes, but he doesn’t stop the smile spreading over his own features. “Fine then. I love you, Jongin.”

Jongin ruffles his hair. “There, that wasn’t so hard, was it? Honestly I’ve been waiting for you to tell me that for so long now.”

Sehun lightly punches Jongin’s shoulder.

Jongin laughs. “Ah, honestly, you’re really too cute, Sehun~”

Sehun grabs Jongin’s hand and their fingers automatically intertwine. They smile at each other when they hear someone yell from the doorway of the room that they’re in.

“Just kiss already, or get a room. You two are so cute it’s disgusting.”

They both laugh at that, tightening their hands around each other’s.

“I love you,” Jongin whispers into Sehun’s ear, leaning his head on Sehun’s shoulder.

“I love you too,” Sehun whispers back.

Sehun think that maybe, he doesn’t mind holding hands at all.


Oh wow that was just straight fluff I've never written fluff before this seems so corny to me ;-; let me know what you guys think of this extremely sugary chapter, this is a writing style I'm not used to, I don't normally write fluff so... sorry if this is terrible, I'll try to improve! 

~AeZSiA