Defending The Star

Defending The Star *One-Shot*

 

You exit the principal’s office to see the unfamiliar hallways of SM High School. You came in early just so that the principal can talk to you and give you your schedule and map of the school.  You didn’t want to be too late; you just expect to be late for a few minutes while finding the class.  You walked from hallway to hallway to find your locker until you finally found it.

                “Hello,” you heard a girl say.  You turned around to see a girl about your height, maybe an inch taller.  She had a slim body with long, straight black hair. “You’re the new student right?”  You smiled.

                “Neh,” you answered.

                “My name is Choi MinJung.  You?”

“Park _______.”

“Welcome to SM High, _______.  What’s your classroom?” she asked excitedly.

                “F123,” you answered which made her smile much more.

                “Me too!” she squealed.  “Come, I’ll show you the classroom.”

                “Ah, gomawo!” you said happily.

                “No problem.  We’re going to be great friends!”  You two entered the classroom.  MinJung took her seat and patted her seat next to you.  “Don’t worry; we don’t have seating arrangements yet.” 

You nodded and sat down next to her.  You suddenly hear people talking when a boy entered the room.  You watched him as his head was hung low.

                “Little TaeMin.  Coming to school as if he’s all that, eh?” a boy said.  You glared at him.  Another boy was nudging his head.

                “Yah!  Don’t keep quiet thinking as if you’re all high and mighty,” another said.

You watch the boy’s head leaving his head hung down low.  He didn’t look up and you can see how upset he is.  It made you upset and angry about it, too.

                “Yah!” you yelled and stood up from your seat.  The boys looked at you and smirk.

                “Ah~ so you’re the new girl?” the boy who kept nudging the victim’s head, said.

                “You’re hot and cute,” the other said.  You stuck your tongue out at them.

                “Yeah, and you’re not!” you exclaimed.  “Leave him alone!  Can’t you see he’s miserable enough already?!  Aish!  You two are so useless and annoying!”

                “What?  You don’t even…”

                “Know you guys?” you finished and scoffed.  “As if I want to.”

The bell soon rang and your teacher came in and the students filled the room.  You introduced yourself and sat back down, listening to your teacher about the lesson she was teaching.  Before you know it, you were on your own looking for your art class since MinJung had a different activity class from you.  After doing an introduction, you took out your sketchpad and started to sketch.

                “Whoa, that’s so cool!” a girl next to you exclaimed.  You looked at her and smiled.

                “Gomawo,” you said and took another glance at her.  “Sorry, but you remind me of someone.”

                “Oh, Choi MinJung?” she asked.  You nodded.  “She’s my fraternal twin. My name is Choi MinYoung.”

                “Nice to meet you.  I’m…”

                “Park _______.  Words go fast about the new girl defending TaeMin,” MinYoung said.  You nodded and thought back to the boy.  “Will you sit with me sister for lunch?”  You smiled at MinYoung.

                “Sure thing!” you responded excitedly.

And as lunch came, you headed to your locker.  You took out one of your drawings and decided to tape it on your locker.  You smiled in satisfaction of your drawing. You shut it closed and jumped to see someone next to your locker.  You realized who it was.  ‘What’s his name again?  Oh!  TaeMin!’ you thought to yourself.  Taemin looked up at you and gave a small smile.

                “Gomawo,” he said quietly.  You smiled.

                “No problem.  They’re being idiots and you don’t deserve the bullying from them,” you said.  TaeMin smiled and took his hand out.

                “I’m Lee TaeMin,” he introduced himself with a big smile on his face.  You shook his hand with a smile.

                “I’m Park _______…” you said as you slowly lowered your voice.  You looked at him closely.  ‘Omo, omo, omo, omo, omo!!! Lee TaeMin!  Lee TaeMin of SHINee!  The maknae!  The dancing machine!  Eek!!!’ you spazzed in your mind.

                “Eh?  G-Gwenchena?” he asked.  You slowly nodded your head and slowly let go of his hand.

                “M-Mianhe…I-I didn’t expect you to be SHINee’s Lee TaeMin,” you shyly muttered.  TaeMin smiled and chuckled.

                “Big fan?” he asked.

                “Uh-huh,” you squealed and quickly covered your mouth.  “I-I mean, yeah.  Yeah, I’m a fan.”  TaeMin laughed.

                “You’re pretty cute.  Will you eat with me during lunch?” he asked with his cute, puppy-dog eyes.

                “I-I already told my friend that I’d eat with her but I’m sure you can join, too!” you said excitedly.

                “Really?” he asked.  You nodded with a smile as your face kept its blushing face.  “Yay!  Let’s go!”

TaeMin held your hand and dragged you to the cafeteria.  You looked around to find MinJung and MinYoung at a table.  You smiled and ran to them, dragging TaeMin along with you.

                “MinJung!  MinYoung!” you called.  The twins turned and smiled.

                “Hey!” the twins greeted in unison.  “TaeMin!  What’s up?!” TaeMin smiled.

                “You guys are friends?” you asked.

                “Oh yeah.  His band mate, Choi MinHo is our older brother,” they answered.  Your eyes widened.  “Sorry, we leave that out because…”

                “You know, people using you,” MinYoung finished.  You smiled sympathetically.

                “Well, I promise you, I won’t,” you said.  The twins smiled and pointed to the seat across from them.

                “Let’s eat!” they cheered.  You and TaeMin laughed and sat down, eating a fun lunch.

A good month has passed.  You, MinJung, and MinYoung were like triplets now. You clicked with them instantly.  Every time TaeMin would get bullied, you would stick up to him and defend him.  There were times when TaeMin would invite you over the dance studio to show you some new moves that he made up for some dances.  You sat down on the floor, leaning against the mirror wall.  While TaeMin was dancing, you were drawing a picture of him with a dance pose.  TaeMin posed at the end of his dance and turned to you.

                “Okay, what do you think?” he asked.  You looked up and gave him two thumbs up.

                “Awesome, oppa!” you responded happily.  TaeMin smiled and sat down next to you.  He took a sip of water and looked at your sketchpad.

                “Wow, I wish I can draw like you.  That’s really cool,” TaeMin said.  You blushed and leaned in a little closer to your sketchpad.

                “Gomawo,” you shyly said and worked intently on the details.  TaeMin just sat there next you, watching you with all of his attention.  “Aren’t you gonna dance again?”  TaeMin shook his head.

                “I’ll do that later.  I just want to watch you draw.  You look cute when you do,” TaeMin said with a big smile on his face.  Your eyes widened and your breath was held.  ‘C-Cute?’ you squeaked in your mind.  “_______~ah, can I ask you something?”  You nodded.

                “Y-Yeah,” you stuttered and cleared your voice.  “Go ahead.  TaeMin nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

                “Ah, I never did this before but…” he stopped for a moment.  “I really, really, really like you.  Ummm…yeah.  I really like you.”

Your eyes widened and you just stared at your sketch.  TaeMin’s confession was slowly sinking in.  Your face turned to a crimson red and your hands felt sweaty as your heart beat pace increased.  Your throat felt dry.  ‘Ah, Park _______ speak!’you mentally screamed at yourself.

                “I-I…ummm…” you stuttered.  TaeMin frowned and stared at the ground sadly.

                “I get it.  I-It’s okay if you don’t like me back, I mean…”

                “No!” you suddenly yelled, cutting him off.  TaeMin looked at you.  “I-I mean, I-I like you, too.  Y-You’re my favorite SHINee member and, I don’t like you as SHINee Lee TaeMin.  I like you as Lee TaeMin.  The ordinary, innocent Lee TaeMin.  I-I mean yeah, you’re that as SHINee, too, but you know, I forget that you are a celebrity so I’m just thinking to myself, ‘SHINee Lee TaeMin?  Nah, I like this TaeMin’.”

                “But you still like both, right?” he asked.  You looked at him and smiled as you nodded.  “SHINee Lee TaeMin and just Lee TaeMin are the same people.  One part of me is a celebrity, that’s the only difference.  So that means you’ll be my girlfriend?”  Your eyes widened, having TaeMin looking at you worriedly.  “I’m sorry, I guess not.”

                “N-No, I-I will.  I-I’m just…you’re making me nervous.  I-It feels weird yet it feels cool,” you confessed making TaeMin smile.  He suddenly hugged you.

                “Yes!  Now you, Park _______, is my official girlfriend!” he cheered so happily.

                “Yah!  Lee TaeMin!  What did you say?!” you two heard Key say outside the dance studio.  Both of your eyes widened.  You two looked at each other and laughed as you two hugged each other.