Chapter 4

The Cheater Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, no, no!” Chanyeol said as he felt her lost away from reality. She wasn’t breathing and he was sure as hell the oxygen remaining on her body could not sustained her anymore. “We’re almost there,” he said as he pushed himself towards the shore while holding her carefully with a tight grip.

 

As soon as he reached the shore, he quickly laid her out and checked her heartbeat on her neck. He could feel some pulse there. He looked up at the spectators slowly gathering around them and asked for a medic or a lifeguard.

 

A macho guy in a sleeveless and beach shorts ran towards them and kneeled besides the girl. After checking her pulse, he positioned his self for a mouth to mouth resuscitation.

 

“Wait,” Chanyeol suddenly stopped the man by slightly pushing him off of her. “I’ll do it.”

 

The macho guy which Chanyeol assumed as the lifeguard asked with a frown, “Had you done a CPR before?”

 

He had a lesson about it for a scene of the recent movie he had with Hyuna, but never done it in real life. But there’s no way in hell Chanyeol will let this guy kissed that girl. “Yes, but that was a long time ago. Just guide me here.”

 

The lifeguard nodded and watched attentively at Chanyeol’s action. Chanyeol tried to recall what he learned from that quick acting class. He tilt her head back slightly to open the airway. He put upward pressure on her jaw to pull it forward using his left hand. With his available hand, he pinched her nostrils closed with his thumb and index finger.

 

“Blow hard with five seconds intervals,” the lifeguard said, “She still has pulse so we don’t have to compress her chest.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but gulped as he stared at her plump lips. This is the first time he was nervous about kissing a girl, well he’s not actually kissing this girl. With much carefulness, he lowered his lips down to hers and blew hard as instructed. He could hear the gasp of his spectators but he was concentrating at watching the girl’s chest rose. After two quick blow, he pulled away and unpinched her nostril. He faced his right cheek near her nose and felt her exhale while counting the five seconds interval in his head. She still couldn’t breath in some air. After five seconds, he blew again on while blocking her nostril. Few seconds later, she coughed some seawaters and he quickly pulled away to help her.

 

“Can you breath now?” Chanyeol asked. He couldn’t help asking that soon. He was really worried.

 

She didn’t bother answering him, instead she quickly looked around her with an hazy vision. It was still hard to breath, it felt like something’s still on top of her, and her eyes stings from the sudden cough and some seawater.

 

“I...” She tried talking but wasn’t able to manage through. was so salty, her voice was so raspy, and even breathing through was so hard to do, it was like it was her first time breathing. “...I-”

 

Blackness came over her immediately and she felt the rough texture of sand on her face a second after.

 

 

When she woke up, she found herself on a room a lot different than hers. It was bigger, it was spacious, and it was more like a man’s pad.

 

“Are you okay now?” A man’s face suddenly popped out in front of her she almost scream. Gladly, her mind quickly registered it was Chanyeol’s own face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter