You....??? (2)

You....???

The first thing we did when we arrived at the mall was to find the nearest restroom as I needed to clean away most of the mud which had dried up along the way. Thankfully, the mall was not crowded and we were able to proceed to the ladies without much embarrassment, but it still doesn't help with the blush that I felt creeping up, knowing that I looked messy.

 

"Hey, Suzy. Imagine what if out of a sudden, your crush were to suddenly appear? Today, on your birthday? How cool would that be.."

 

"Sigh, if only that were to happen. I would be in heaven." 

 

Closing my eyes, I started to daydream, missing the look that passed between Yoona and Sandara.

 

___________ Cue : Scene change...

 

Two young lovers sitting on a picnic mat on a hilltop, with a spread of savoury food all around them, drinking champange and looking into each other's eyes.

 

Sitting with his arm around me would be Yong Hwa, the hottest guy in campus, looking super hot with those smoky eyes and luscious lips. He smiled at me before he moved closer and closer till our lips barely touched. I started to lean forward before.......  it started to rain????

____________

 

"Earth to Suzy..Earth to Suzy.. You still in there?" Splashing bits of water, Sandara somehow managed to rudely brought me back to earth just at that crucial moment.

 

"Hey, why did you have to do that? I was getting to the good part."

 

"Why? Did it involved a certain hot guy with the intial of Y and H?.. Hahaha.. Seriously, Suzy, WHAT were u dreaming of? Your cheeks were red." Oops, caught me there.. Bringing my palms to my cheeks, I can practically feel the heat radiating and willed myself to calm down.

 

Giving them a sly look. " Well... wouldn't you just want to find out?!!" Soon the restroom floor was wet with puddles and noisy with sounds of laughter from 3 young ladies who came out looking wetter than before.

_______________________

 

"What do you think of this?"

 

I paraded a purple blouse with a small flower on left shoulder and an A-line skirt in front of the two girls.

 

"Boo..Next."

 

"Um, how about this?" "Next..." Long black jeggings and purple sleeveless V-cut blouse apparently also met the same demise.

 

"This?"  "How about this one?"  "Um"  "Ya!" met with "No" "Next" "No way" and even "That "

 

"YA! How is it all my choices are bad ones? I thought some of them looked pretty good. I'm getting tired" I said with big eyes fluttering and a pout for safe measure.

 

"Hahaha. Sorry, Suzy.. It's your special day, We want you to look your best for the place where we are going later."

 

"Fine then..WHAT should I wear ?!!"

 

"THIS ONE!!" Sandara gasped after rummaging through the clothes and taking out this gorgeous black off-shoulder mini dress. "It's perfect!!"

 

"You are sure? I've never really worn anything like this before? What if I look ugly in this?"

 

"Nah, You would look perfect. See, it's even in your size.. Come on, it's your birthday. Let's do something different. Please...Please..Please..." She begged as formed into a pout.

 

"Okay..Okay.. The place where you guys are bringing me better be worth it.." I said after finding that I can't say no to those puppy eyes of my two best friends.

 

Soon, the day turned a bit darker as we went from store to store while having lots of fun, doing our hair at the hair salon with a manicure for each of us. After perusing me, apparently, the girls were satisfied with what they saw and left the mall. I almost tripped and fell when I saw my reflection on the glass window. If not for the fact that I saw my friends in the reflection too, I would never have thought that it was me. Damn, I looked so hot and y. A black mini dress hugging my hourglass shaped figure, with my hair tied up in a bun and tendrils of hair shaping my face. A bit of make up brings out the full looking lips making them look kissable as well.

 

Moments later, we arrived to the location which Sandara informed the taxi uncle to bring us. The house, which was filled with lots of people and loud music, is unfamiliar to me and I became worried, wondering why were we there in the first place. As someone who rarely goes to any party, I felt so out of place.

 

"Surprise!! This is your birthday gift from us."

 

"I got my cousin to loan us his house for the night and we are throwing you a birthday party. Guess what, we even invited Yong Hwa. Look..."

 

Following the direction of Yoona's finger, I felt as though a ton of bricks fell on me. The room suddenly became silent as a glow of light shined down on my long-time crush, accentuating his features as he walked slowly towards me. I can feel my cheeks burning up and I swear, I felt slightly breathless too as each swagger brought him closer to me.

 

"Hi, Suzy.. Happy Birthday."

 

"Um, hi..."

 

"Thanks for the invite."

 

"Um, welcome... "

 

"Eh, Yong Hwa... Over here. Hey,man.. We need you"

 

"Sorry, Suzy.. I gotta go. Anyway, happy birthday.' And with that, the beacon of light dimmed. Cursing myself inwardly, I replayed our short conversation and telling myself what an idiot I had been to pass up this opportunity to get to know Yong Hwa better. "Wait.. Um, Yong Hwa... Would you like to dance with me? Um, not now, but later? I mean, if you are okay? Not that I want to pressure you or force you or anything like that.." I asked him, praying that my blush would not be noticeable.

 

"Sure, Suzy.." Yong Hwa's lips curved into that megawatt smile of his. "A dance for the birthday girl.. See you in a while then."

 

Oh My God!! I did it!!! I actually talked to Yong Hwa... Feeling light-headed as the adrenaline went away, I grabbed the nearest drink that I saw. Initially, it tasted horrible, but somehow, after taking a few sips, the drink kind of grew on me and I liked it, making me feel the music that flowed through my body, loosening me in the process.

 

"Wow, Suzy. I didn't know you are a great dancer."

 

"Oh, Yong Hwa. Thank you. I love to dance actually. It's a passion of mine. It felt great to destress this way."

 

"Well, lucky you. I'm not that good of a dancer. I prefer playing my guitar."

 

I had been so happy when Yong Hwa finally came back to ask me for a dance, that I squealed in my heart. My birthday was turning out exactly how I imagined it to be. However, as much as I wanted the dance to go on forever, my body was feeling rather hot so I indicated to Yong Hwa that I needed to rest and maybe, a drink. He nodded and started to follow but was pulled back to the dance floor by his friends. Hmm, this drink did taste so much better after 3 bottles. After some time, my eyes scanned the first floor for my two best friends. I saw Sandara making out with her boyfriend in a corner. Lucky girl.. But where was Yoona? I started to walk towards the kitchen as I wanted to ask her regarding her cousin who had graciously loaned his place for me and to thank him as well.