- only one -

in the mood for love
Please log in to read the full chapter

-

 

I sighed satisfied as I looked at the newly hanged framed poster on the living room’s wall, right above the sofa. It took me weeks but I had finally achieved a large poster of one of the promotional photos of the love of my life’s second solo album. Taeyang had been my favorite singer, and male celebrity, ever since BIGBANG debuted with LaLaLa back in 2006. I bit my lip as I smirked, the poster was just amazing, it was black and white and it showed him shirtless on his back, walking away with his arms raised. 

 

Looking at the clock and seeing it was only 3:23 pm, I threw myself on the sofa and the tv browsing channels until I found one which was broadcasting old reruns of some variety program. Perfect for a nap. A few minutes later I could already feel my eyes closing and myself drifting off to dreamland where I hoped I could be making out with Taeyang himself.

 

I woke up at the sound of the door’s lock saying the door has been unlocked and stretched my arms with my eyes still closed. Finally opening an eye I saw the watch on my wrist marking it was 3:47 pm. “Yah, you woke me up from my hour long nap.” I whined as I heard footsteps walking up the stairs to the open bedroom on the second floor. “Why are you here so early anyway?”

 

I smiled as I heard him clear his throat, and then I heard his answer being turned into a mock of myself, angry girly voice included. “Why do you always come home after 11?! Your rotten socks make a better boyfriend than you!” I looked up and saw his back as he was taking his shirt off and putting on one of his oversized t-shirts which he (us) used as pyjamas. He continued to speak, now with his soft voice. “So if I come home early it’s also not okay.”

 

“That’s not what I meant, don’t twist things.” I yawned as I grabbed my iPhone from the coffee table to see if I had any new notification. 

 

A few seconds later he talked again. “What the is that?” he asked remarking the cuss word. And when I wandered my eyes from the screen to the overlooking second floor I saw him leaning against the glass railing, brow furrowed in the most annoyed expression, his eyes looking right into where I knew they were looking.

 

“The love of my life.” I answered looking back to my screen not bothering about him.

 

“Yah Lee Nari, I pay half of the rent.” he exclaimed as he walked down the stairs. “I don’t want my friends to come to my home and see a shirtless dude in the living room.”

 

“It’s okay love, it’s not a shirtless dude, it’s Taeyang.” I answered. “Oh wait, while you’re at it, bring me a Coke from the fridge.”

 

I joined my lips into a thin line not wanting to let out a chuckle as I saw him murmur profanities in a southern accent as he walked into the open kitchen and grabbed a can of Coke and some snack for him. “Okay, so you would be okay with me hanging a poster of Yoon Mirae here?” he said not wanting to end the conversation already as he pointed to the wall next to the front door with my Coke can. 

 

“Sure, she’s hot.” I shrugged. He knew I also liked Yoon Mirae, this poor person was so bad at arguing that anyone could make a joke out of it. 

 

“I hate you.” he uttered looking right into my eyes with a blank expression as he handed me the cold can. 

 

“Yeah you do.” I answered as I grabbed it while waving the fourth finger on my left hand which had the promise ring he had given me a couple of years back when we were 20 and full of fluff.

 

-

 

At around 5, I received a text from my class mate Jungmi, asking me if I could print our group project which was due tomorrow. I internally cursed and yelled because it had been just yesterday when we found out we had run out of ink. I looked at Yoongi who was peacefully sleeping, his mouth slightly open and drool already dripping. Trying to make the less noise I could, I untangled my legs from his and got up so I could get ready and go out and a find a printer’s or just some place where I could print it. 

 

It took me several cuss words and whines until I found a place where I could print the project. Seoul could be as big as it wanted but it definitely lacked printing services, that at least in the Hongdae area. I looked at my watch as I was inside my building’s elevator. It had literally taken me about 45 minutes to print the damn project. I sighed as I pressed the passcode ready to whine at Yoongi about how much I hated life and useless big cities. 

 

“Would you believe my life?” I exclaimed as I took off my coat and shoes, and when I lifted my eyes wanting to meet his face I saw the most catastrophic thing that I could have seen at that moment. “You joke of a rapper,” I screamed running to the sofa and pointing at the now blank wall. “where is it?” I asked feeling my cheeks grow hot in anger. So he could always take the power of the music system but I couldn’t hang a poster?

 

He lowered the screen from his MacBook and looked at me like the listless he was. His droopy eyes showing no interest. “Not on my wall, obviously.” and he went back to his screen. 

 

I scanned the whole living room. We lived in a goddamned loft, everything unless the bathroom was open. “I swear to God, yah, Min Yoongi, do you know how much that costed me?” I exclaimed grabbing one of the hard pillows and throwing it to his face to which he howled in pain. 

 

“Be ing careful!” he exclaimed closing his laptop leaving it aside and rubbing his forehead. “Why do you care so much about a poster? And how much did that trash even cost you?”

 

“It’s not trash!” I argued. “Do you see me going through this crap of yours and calling it trash into yo

Please log in to read the full chapter