[HANJOO] Prolouge

Florescent Adolescent

Pairing: None (for this part) 
Rating: NC-17 
Warnings: Mentions of abuse/self-harm; depression
Length: 657 words (im a weenie) 
Summary: Byungjoo loses hope and recovers it.

When Byungjoo first started this blog in the fall of 2011, positivejoo (yes, it was something as sappy as that), it was mainly for himself. The little posts of encouragement was a sort of way of lying to his own face when they said generic like "you're doing great!!! look at you!!! you're so strong :)" and "a new day, a new you!!!!" because it was just sohardto believe the same, insincere words that people have said to him day in and day out (he especially hated those smiley faces; they kind of had this mockingly fake look to them). Eventually, the tumblr space also became his place to vent out his own issues and rant about stupid issues in the world. It was nice that he had nobody to look into his posts - well, at least nobody he really gave a second thought to. It was only during the ungodly hours of the day where Byungjoo would type out these monster-sized posts about his personal life, long after new bruises, fresh scars, and dried tears have stained his skin. After he drained himself of all the negativity, it was then where he would create lots of "positive" posts to flood his blog. After a certain point, it was a more of a journal than a fake- positivity blog.

But as the days dragged out into nights, then weeks, as the numbers of followers started multiplying, Byungjoo found this set-up to be somewhat therapeutic. It was funny that some people bothered to hit "follow" to some sad, sick stranger in a sad attempt to reach out to him. It was a month after he started his blog when the little envelope on his dashboard had ared "2"floating over it. At first, he thought it was tumblrbot asking the dumb "ROBOTS OR DINOSAURS?" question and was about to close the tab, but he's was eternally grateful that he didn't.

xXponiezndbuttzlawlimrandumbXx asked you a question:(1/2) hi :) wait sry i shouldnt have used that face bc i kno u dont lyke it :// but i want 2 tell u that u r rly strong ,k? and the fact ur still fighting thru evryday and posting stuffz lyke u r rn iz rly meaningful!! even if i dont kno ur face

xXponiezndbuttzlawlimrandumbXx asked you a question:(2/2) u r a beautiful person !! i rly hop u continu 2 fite bc u deserve hapinez and nut pain. u make lotz of pplz happy !! u rly help me get thru the day and i just wanted u 2 kno that u r rly important 2 lotz of us! ur great byungjoo! u da bomb.com ! thx :D

Honestly, it caught Byungjoo off guard. He had a rough day (well, everyday was rough but let's just leave it at that) and he was gonna helplessly make a few posts, write another self-pity filled rant, and upload a few more meaningless "mood-boosters" before doing any more damage to himself. However, despite the cringe worthy url and writing style that was stuck in 2008, the message went straight to his heart that stopped beating ages ago. He had no idea how to respond to this message. The feeling of being alive was so foreign after being dead in a living hell for a while, but foreign didn't mean bad - no, it was just the opposite. This foreign emotion gave Byungjoo motivation to feel again, to be real again, to be himself again. He never bothered paying any attention the amount of people supporting him until now: 2,816. Almost three thousand people understood him and supported him, were getting some type of support for themselves. Hurriedly, he typed into his ancient laptop and posted, "one message can take two minutes, but it can affect a person for two lifetimes." It was ing cheesy - cliché, almost - but it definitely described his thoughts perfectly.

Byungjoo never did reply to tumblr user xXponiezndbuttzlawlimrandumbXx.

a/n: 
- original au creds to @jisoosbf!!! he handed it down to me ilu thanks nayn 
- this was written between 2:30am and 4:30am bc i write best when its late and tired 
- tbh this is probably why its so emo im sry 
- [amy voice] that was so email 
- this is probably not proofread and it probably never will be 
- me: what do i call this au,, bloggers!au, tumblr!au, myass!au 
amy: seems abt right 
me: iinghatemyself!au, whyamidoingthistomyself!au 
amy: how abt imemo!au            oh wait thats byungjoo 
- its 5am rn but i probably wont post this till past noon tbh 
- luka: no more paul blart for u 
(update!) 
- wow its 3:41 pm and this is a lot o 
-here to patch up any oos u got from this work