Scene #5 Hospital

Memory Lane (Drabbles Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night Shift 6 October

I watched the girl passed through inspection hallway that actually just for doctor, nurse, and other hospital staff only. But she just walked like nobody business, and she even smiled and nodded to our direction.

“Don’t you need to remind her about that?” I asked to Jae, my companion at this shift, jerked my head at the ‘staff only’ poster that plastered at the door.

“Nah, she’s far and by now entered the fourth door down,” he said while eyeing now the empty hall.

“Just because she’s a pretty girl and you mesmerized by her smile,” Jae just chuckled at my remark.

But I had to admit, even I was a girl myself, that one who just walk an exceptional beauty.

“You got me,” Jae claimed and grinned at my direction. “Fourth door on the right side,” he muttered while opened the file.

“Room four, Park Durami,” I beat him. “Just transferred from emergency room a while ago, right when you just dragged your out of the lift,”

“Okay, smart , I get it that I’m late but you don’t have to remind me. It’s only ten minutes, for 's sake!”

“Dude, in our work you have to bust your over because we're nursing sick people here. It’s lucky you aren’t in emergency room or we don’t know what’s gonna happen with your lazy .” And before Jae had something to throwback, I said to him, “Now, you gonna stand up and follow me to the room four, just maybe lady luck loves you enough so you can meet with that pretty girl again, or what?”

Without waited him, I pull a file. Almost on cue, he followed me with basic examiner tools container.

**

Noon Shift 7 October

Park Durami. 13 years old. A junior high. She was admitted in because of typhoid and dengue fever, that was her lab’s result. Her condition worsened with the fact that her stomach couldn’t take anything, no food, no medicine, and even no water. She was supported by the IV and we need to inject the med and vitamin. Injected to her IV, not flesh, or there will be a disaster. Well, the talk in the nurse station mentioned that the little girl was gone hysteric when the lab staff took her blood that morning.

And the talk didn’t stop there.

There’s this pretty sister of the little girl, the one who made Jae for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter