pt. 1

Temptation is calling me.

Temptation is calling me.

 

Soojung lethargically tapped her fingers to the beat against the thigh of her flavor of the week, an older woman, Juhyun.

 

Juhyun had been severely lacking confidence, she was an easy pick-up for Soojung, she’d shot the woman a few compliments and she was basically jelly in Soojung’s skilled hands.

 

They were in the audience at a vocal concert, where people were performing the kinds of songs just right for a couple on a Saturday night date, slow, romantic and slightly raw. The main event, at least in Soojung’s eyes was her sister’s girlfriend's little set, her fingers stilled as the singer walked to the middle of the stage and sat on the stool, lifting the mic to to her lips.

 

“I’m Taeyeon, tonight I’ll be singing Weak.” she started singing and looking out at this crowd,    her eyes singling out Soojung, giving her a nod of some sort. Soojung was rapt, in those moments when Taeyeon was on stage she would foolishly let herself believe she was singing to her, the way she sang was so sincere and Soojung was so desperate, in those moments to believe in it.



 

Soojung may actually look like a player, having more flings and short lived relationships but she never played at anything more, she never let the girl she was with think that they were going to be serious. Sooyeon on the other hand was a quintessential player, she played nice but her job had her flying around cities and the lot that she generally kept someone different in every place she worked out of.

 

Taeyeon was her home base, and she really treated her as such but it was hard on Taeyeon with Sooyeon away so much, and she was completely in the dark about her lover’s unfaithful ways, and that pained Soojung.

 

Is it corny or cheesy to be into your sister’s girl? Probably, but Soojung didn’t care, it started when Sooyeon would send Soojung in her place when she was missing dates with Taeyeon. At first, it was awkward, they didn’t really know one another, the situations were a bit forced and full of ‘excuse me’s and manners. Over time they got familiar and started to have a bond. And honestly Soojung was head over heels, but she needed to keep herself in check, no matter how Sooyeon acted, Taeyeon was her main girl, she was sure she loved her and that Taeyeon felt the same.

 

Taeyeon sent a smile to Soojung when she was receiving her applause for the first song, as soon as she looked away Soojung felt a shudder, and Juhyun leaned in resting herself in Soojungs limply draped arm.

 

Most days Soojung  was sure it was one sided, that she was just projecting her desires on Taeyeon and that’s why it felt like it was reciprocated, but Taeyeon was just kind of a loving person that treated her friends like family, not treating her any way special.

 

Other times, though, when they’d be alone at dinner and it felt like Taeyeon was staring at her like she was the only girl in the world, Soojung really doubts herself.


She holds Irene, closer and nuzzles her, she liked her well enough maybe Juhyun could make her forget how much she wanted her sister’s girl. This time she’d make an effort of it.