1st: Shock

Don't run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If any one of you were there that day in that particular place, the first thing you would have commented on is the weather. "What a splendid day" you would say. You would exclaim and would have had good reasons to do so. After all, it was indeed a splendid day. The peonies had bloomed. The insects were thrumming. The courtyard had been bathed in rays of morning Sun. Everything was perfect. A tranquil spring day, it was. Even the marquee situated in the centre of the lawn exuded an air of flawlessness.

Silence. Peace. Beauty.

But could the same be said about the happenings within the walls of the tent? Nothing is ever completely faultless...

 

(Inside the tent)

"Do you, Seo Joohyun, take Jung Yonghwa to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" Seconds of silence ensued after the priest spoke.

The bride, clad in her wedding dress looked down grinning before she gave her reply in front of an expectant crowd.

"I do."

No hesitation. No stammering, no lisping. This was really what she wanted to do. To live with the love of her life, with whom she had been with for five years. The best years in her life, as she had put it.

With the corners of his lips upturning, the priest talked again, this time asking a question with a tone of finality.

"Very well, then. And do you, Jung Yonghwa, take Seo Joohyun to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

One. Two. Three. Four. Five seconds, she waited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter