The Real Man

The Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N – My precious friend is starting her first day of work today at a new place and this is her present! Let’s all support her!

You are going to be awesome bub! I just know it because that’s just who you are! ALL THE BESTEST!!!!!

Shiv

 

 

 

*~*~*~*~*

It had been a little before the beginning of the Barbeque when the ‘husbands’ were sitting in the backyard with a beer in hand while the grill was firing up. The ‘wives’ were inside looking after the other things to be prepared – basically everything that wasn’t the heating up of the grill. It had become a tradition of sorts. After college everyone had gone their separate ways and with their hectic jobs it was difficult for the friends to meet and so a once a month, a get together of a leisurely sort was proposed where the now couples would meet and catch up. Somehow over the years, it had become a backyard barbeque where the actual backyard in question would change according to the relay system they had going on.

 

Now all this must be super confusing to you right? Well it goes like this. Siwon, Hyukjae and Jaejoong had been friends from high school who chose to go to the same university though of different majors, and there they had met Kyuhyun, Heechul, and Yunho and along the course of their studies they had all fallen in love, Siwon with the vivacious diva Heechul, Yunho with the wild and reckonable beauty Jaejoong and Kyuhyun with the adorable and funny Hyukjae. And despite their ups and downs, these pairings remained till graduation and together they had entered into the working world.

 

 It was while working that Kyuhyun had become friends with Kangin who became the sole single member of that exclusive group, mainly because he was witty and loud and rowdy and knew just where the party was at. It was perhaps this reason that Hyukjae didn’t like him all too much and also because he thought he was a bad influence on Kyuhyun but that only lasted till the third impression. Kangin grew on him after that. Because that was when he blushingly and clumsily introduced Leeteuk to the group, a man that he had fallen in love with at first sight when he had gone to a bar and the information that this love at first sight had happened long time ago and it had taken ages for Kangin to muster up enough courage to even approach the man had Hyukjae cooing because he was a hopeless romantic like that. It was also because Leeteuk had an adorable dimple and had the funniest yet infectious laugh and he was an instant hit with Hyukjae whom he treated as though he was his own child.

 

Kangin was no different when it came to treating Hyukjae with filial affection.

 

In fact, everyone seemed to treat Hyukjae like a big baby.

 

But all that is really not important. What’s important is that everyone were wonderful friends and were currently in the midst of their monthly get together having fun, well everyone except Siwon.

 

 

 

Yunho frowns as he notices Siwon sighing as the other’s laugh around him in Kyuhyun’s backyard. “What’s wrong buddy, everything ok?” Siwon, who is at normal one of the most theatrical man he knows, has been strangely quiet and somber this evening. He didn’t even laugh when Kyuhyun did an awkward meat flip, trying to be fancy but only resulting in the piece of meat flying off and into the next door vegetarian neighbors herb garden. Now Yunho and Siwon had had their ups and down in the earlier days of their friendship, that is when Yunho was falling in love with Jaejoong and had thought that Siwon was his rival but all that was cleared up and now they even went fishing together without killing each other. But both were competitive so it wasn’t much of a difference from before.

 

Siwon again sighs - for the sixth time since he had arrived. No matter how much he tries he just can’t get past what a disaster of a week it had been for him and his fiancé Heechul. Well it was more of a victory for Heechul and a disaster for him. He doesn’t really know what to do and from the way things are going, he wonders if all these arguments will one day lead to the end of their relationship (A/N – No this isn’t angst. I can’t send my precious friend to her first day of work with anger or sadness in her heart! What you take me for?). “It’s just Heechul. Sometimes I think that he is the man in this relationship than me.”

 

“He is a man. That extra bit between his legs is his ,” chirps Kangin before making a zipping motion over his lips and taking a swing of his beer, grinning because he had said his bit.

 

“No. I don’t mean that. I mean the man, the one that wears the pants in the relationship, the decision maker. That you know?”

 

Siwon’s outburst makes everyone else a little more serious because whether they will say it out loud or not, or even if they are aware of this or not, the ‘ladies’ of their relationship are the ones who really run the show. Even Kangin who is a regular clown stops to listen when Leeteuk wants him to.

 

“He changed my entire wardrobe because he hates me wearing the Speedos I wear to the gym and you know what he did yesterday?! He made me shave my mustache. There is a collective gasp at that because Siwon loved his new mustache. He posted like a million selfies a day, of it. “He won’t kiss me because he said the hair made his skin break out and that it was weird. Who the hell says that it is weird to kiss their own fiancé?!! But wait that’s not the worst of it. He wants me to get rid of my Audi sports car.”

 

There is a bigger gasp at that.

 

Doesn’t Heechul know that the sports car is Siwon’s pride? His little baby? His one and only?

 

Wait no. Heechul was supposed to be that. But you guys know what we mean don’t you?

 

“Well that’s alright isn’t it?” Kyuhyun is the first to speak after Siwon’s outburst. I mean, when Hyukjae and I married, I too got rid of my car but that’s only because we were planning on having a family and a two-seater can hardly accommodate for that. I am perfectly happy with the car I have now even though I loved my old one,” he says happily with a sip of his beer and a smile to his wife who he could see through the big glass walls of the kitchen. He giggles to himself when Hyukjae smiles back, completely unaware of the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter