The Tour

My Girlfriend Is A Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri and Kyuhyun looked at the clock as they ate their dinner. "Your friend is late. Her dinner is getting cold," said Yuri. "Don't worry. She'll be here," said Kyuhyun. The doorbell rang. Yuri went to open the door. "Hello. Sorry I'm late. I came here as fast as I could," said Jin Hae. "No worries. We're just starting to eat. We reserved a crab for you," said Kyuhyun. Jin Hae took her seat beside Kyuhyun. "What is this?" she asked, looking at the dish. "Stuffed crab. It's my mother's recipe," replied Yuri. When Jin Hae saw it, she was reminded of the king's words that humans eat fishes. "Humans are killers!" was the words that replayed in her mind. She felt sorry for the crab. "Try it. It's not bad," said Kyuhyun, who was looking at Jin Hae not eating her meal. 

Jin Hae has no choice but to eat the crab. After all, she is a human. She picked up her chopsticks and took a small bite of the crab's flesh. "I know I feel like a killer but it's a good thing I'm not a real mermaid," she thought. "You know, Jin Hae, we've been discussing while you're arriving here," said Kyuhyun. He notioned to Yuri and she noticed it. "Oh yes. Since you're here, Kyuhyun has a suggestion of touring you around the city, if that is okay with you. I have work to do, so it will have to be him," she said. Jin Hae looked up from her meal and said, "I suppose it is fine, but only if it's alright with you, Kyuhyun."

"I'm fine with it," Kyuhyun said, smiling. "And since Kyuhyun always like to see you, so you're allowed to come to this house anytime," Yuri continued. Jin Hae began to grinned. "I'd like that very much." Yuri got up and put her plate into the sink. "I have to go and meet someone first. You two enjoy your time. Don't forget to switch off the lights before you go to bed, Kyu," she told them. She grabbed her keys and head for the door. 

"So, are you going anywhere tomorrow?" asked Kyuhyun. "Your sister is planning to take me shopping for clothes," replied Jin Hae. "How nice of her. Once you're done with shopping, I can take you to Seoul Tower to see the view of the whole city. It's very interesting," said Kyuhyun. "And maybe if Yuri allows, we can visit her at her workplace, which is a water amusement park. She's not the operator of the rides. But she works as a secretary for the boss." 

"I'll be happy with anywhere you take me," said Jin Hae. Kyuhyun let out a small chuckle. "But there's one thing we forget. We need to have a cellphone so that we can call each other. I'm sure you're not at home all the time," Jin Hae reminded him. "You're right. Can I have your number, please?" asked Kyuhyun. "Sorry. I don't have one," said Jin Hae. "And I don't have money to buy one." 

Kyuhyun remembered Yuri left her old cellphone in her drawers. "Stay here. I'll go and get something," he told Jin Hae. He ran up to Yuri's room and search inside her drawers. He saw a small cellphone hidden underneath a pile of junk letters. He went back down stairs to the dining room. "You can use Yuri's old cellphone. She's using a new one. I don't think she needs this anymore." 

Jin Hae took the cellphone. "Does it still work?" she asked. "I guess so. I never fiddle around with her personal things. You have to discover yourself," replied Kyuhyun. Jin Hae pressed the button and the opening screen pops up. "It still works. There's a SIM card inside. But it's on low battery now," she said. Kyuhyun looks at the phone. "My sister is using this phone as well. You can borrow her charger. Let me type this number first." He takes the phone and dial in the number. Once he's done, he gives it back to her. "Done. Number save. I saved mine into yours." 

"Thanks. Now we can call each other," said Jin Hae. "I hope I can remember how to use a phone. It's been a while since I used a phone." Her soft voice can be heard by Kyuhyun. "You mean you never used a phone before?" he asked. "Of course I have. It's just......I have been in a deserted place for two years. So, I might have forgotten how to use it," Jin Hae give a quick reply. "Don't worry. You'll get use to it once you play with it more," chuckled Kyuhyun. 

Jin Hae began to yawn. "I'm tired. I need to get some sleep," she said. Kyuhyun looked at the clock. It's only 9 pm. "It's still early, Jin Hae. Why don't you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter