Things you need before you edit your posters

~*~GIMPsters Stuff || Poster Tutorials~*~

Alright lets get started! So this will be the basics first. Now I dont know how to install brushes and all of that, Im doing things the simple way so bear with me. This chapter will teach you about the needs to make a cute bright poster, and an angst dark poster

BASICS:

oo1 | Okay! Now first, its a must to instal gimp, like duh --' 
If you have not installed it, install GIMP now! 

oo2 | Now, the things you need, textures, background and people!
For the texture and background, you can download them from Devianart or Google.
When you are on either one of these sites, search in textures if you want to search for textures and search in backgrounds if you want backgrounds. For e.g: Texture and background. Look at the search bar of what I typed.
Never type in textures or backgrounds. Images would be alot of textures in one pic. Got it? Okay!

oo3 | Now, you need to download people! The places I search for people is at Favim or Google. Favim is best place for OC's though. If you want to search for OC's go to Favim and type in the tag bar 'Korean Girl' or 'Korean Fashion'. 


Get it already? Lets go to Cute bright tutorials first!   

|Cute & Bright Posters|    

oo1 | When searching for background. Its best to choose big and wide background like this. Dont choose the ones too small as it'll be hard to put in quotes >_< Yeahh ive been there.

oo2 | For the textures, its best to find this kind of textures not this kind. I'll teach you on why they have to be those textures on the next chapters~

oo3 | When searching for people. Youve got to have a smiley faced people not those with no emotions. Also, you should not use this kind or this kind of image. It wont fit! You should use this kind or this kind. *sorry if I used all onew xP* Close up images or edited images are a no no!

oo4 | For the OC's its best to use this kind instead of this kind. Its because the texture of that image is edited. for the one tht can be used is normal and has not been edited.


|Angst & Dark Posters|

oo1 | For the background. Its best to use this. It has a dark feeling to it.

002 | Textures are a must for angst and dark posters! As the original photo like this is bright and colored. We need to make them dark like this.


oo3 | People! Now of course you need strict faces and not smiling faces! Now for this, you can have edited or not as you need to add in texture and the edited pic's edits wont be seen. Angst posters need this or this kind of mood.
For the OC's its kinda hard to find non smiling oc's, so something like this. As long you dont really see a happy face on them ;)


oo4 | Btw, for the fonts, colors must be dark! You can put normal fonts, but never put those 'happy feeling' fonts! doesnt fit >_<


Alright guys! Thats it for the what you need. The next chapter I'll be doing real tutorial, and I mean by video! I'll show you how to cut images and the basics of how to make cute & angst posters ;)

Ive got 2+1 subbers already! :D
Reply: 
@
elfishie: hey thankyou! Yea I wont dissapoint you :D Hope you will be excited for the upcoming chapters. Also, hope this helps abit ;)