Red Hearts and Candle Wishes

Red Hearts and Candle Wishes

Hongbinnie woke up startled at the clatter of dishes coming from the direction of the kitchen. The visual knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep now, she looked beside her to see Jaehwa sleeping all over the place, seeming to be munching something in her sleep. Noticing it was still dark out, Hongbinnie looked at her clock on her phone which read 5:00 a.m.

 

It wasn't surprising to see Hakyeonie out of her bed. As Hongbinnie got up and stretched, fixing her nighttime shirt and shorts. Walking out the room where the kitchen lights blinded her for a second.

Once her eyes adjusted she saw Hakyeonie had fallen asleep on the chocolate covered counter, her whole body covered in head to toe with chocolate, as were the kitchen.

 

Hongbinnie sighed, knowing how long it will take to clean this mess. Hakyeonie had stayed up all night trying to perfect the greatest homemade chocolate heart shaped cake for Wonshik for Valentines which was also his birthday, which made the day even more special.

 

"Hakyeonie-unnie." She called to the older woman, trying to wake her up. And of course, the older didn't even stir once, she must've just fell asleep.

 

The younger took pity on her leader and decided that she would at least clean up around the kitchen. And as she was cleaning up, she came across Hakyeonie's cake, it was a chocolate heart shaped cake, covered in red frosting, with words written on white icing on the top: Happy Birthday, Wonshik <3. The cake did seem a little lopsided but it was the feelings put into it that counted the most.

 

Hakyeonie must really care for Wonshik to make something this special, she respected her leader for being so devoted.


 

7:00 a.m.

 

By the time Hongbinnie heard a huge yawn and a lot of shuffling in the bedroom, indicating that Jaehwa was awake, she had already cleaned up all the chocolate and had put the cake in a container and into the fridge to preserve it. She had also had taken a bath to get all the sticky chocolate off, dressing into a more comfortable red shirt, soft black sweater, and short black skirt with black shorts underneath and red leggings.

 

Jaehwa came shufflingly into the living room, "Good morning, Hongbinnie~." Even in the mornings Jaehwa was cheery. Jaehwa sat next to Hongbinnie on the couch wearing her 'One Piece Chopper' sleepwear.

 

"Good morning." Hongbinnie looked over at the sleepy Jaehwa, "Do you have any plans with Taekwoon today?"

 

"Of course I do~, Kitty Woonie is sure going to love his present." Jaehwa giggled. Hongbinnie still thought that the pet name that Jaehwa had for Taekwoon was adorable.

 

Hongbinnie kind of wishes that she could be that devoted to someone, to stay up all night preparing that special someone's special day, calling and giving each other cute pet names, though she wouldn't be caught dead in public or anywhere wearing matching stuff and pet names really weren't her style.

 

And just as if Jaehwa was reading her mind, "What about Hyukkie?".

 

Hongbinnie blushed as she looked away from the older girl. "What about him?"

 

"I thought you two were going out?"

 

Her blush deepened, "Not exactly....."

 

"What is that supposed to mean? Then who did you dress up for? It seems like you spent a long time on your hair and makeup today." Indicating to the visual's ruby red lips and eyeliner, which brought out her hazel eyes, and her black hair which had been curled, hot pink stone earrings and necklace.

 

She hid her face with her hands in embarrassment, "it's nothing..."

 

"Fine." Jaehwa hopped off the couch, "I'm going to go get dress for my Kitty Woonie~. You won't mind if I borrow your cat ears, do you?"

 

"Go ahead." The visual answered not looking up.

 

Jaehwa grinned and skipped happily into the clothes room, singing a song. After Jaehwa had finally picked out an outfit, a blue shirt with a short lavender skirt a stylish pink jacket, pale pink lipstick and light eyeliner, clipping heart clips into her short black hair which she curled at the ends, paw print earrings that had been a birthday present last year from Taekwoon, the finishing touch being brown cat ears,


 

It was around 9:00.

 

Jaehwa being the jokester that she is woke up Hakyeonie with a loud rooster crow. When the leader realized what was going on, she started to lecture the other two for not waking her up earlier, as she had to clean the chocolate out of her hair and still had to pick out the perfect outfit for her date with Wonshik at 1:00.

 

After hurrying to take a bath, Hakyeonie stood there in her bath towel trying to decide what to wear. Hongbinnie and Jaehwa were dragged into helping too.

 

"What about the pink shirt? I think it'll go great with the pink and red heart stockings and the light blue skirt, with the white sweater."

 

"No. Something else...." Hakyeonie said looking over all the clothes which had been scattered about the room, Hongbinnie sighed as she would have clean up that up later.


 

An hour later, at 11:00.

 

Hakyeonie ended up picking out the exact same outfit Hongbinnie had suggested an hour before. The final touches being a heart shaped necklace, that been a present from Wonshik, putting her long hair up in her signature pigtails curling it to make it more appealing, her bangs covering her forehead. She put on thick eyelashes and dark red lipstick, heart earrings that matched her necklace and a small charm bracelet.  

 

They were ready.


 

At 12:30.

 

*knock knock knock*

 

Taekwoon really tried to ignore it, he tried playing his music to block it out, but it didn't help.

 

Taekwoon finally opened the door, about to give the person behind the irritating knocking a deadly glare, he should've known.....

 

Wonshik and Hyuk listened as they heard a very distinct and realistic 'meow~' followed by a slam of the door. They both went back to what they were doing as the older reentered the room. "Who was that?" Wonshik asked causally, before noticing there was a distinct blush that only one person could make Leo do.

 

"Just some idiots." Taekwoon answered, before someone practically jumped him from behind.

 

"That's mean, Woonie~. I'm not a idiot, they are." Jaehwa pointed to the two other girls.

 

"Hey!" Hongbinnnie yelled at her.

 

While Hakyeonie and Wonshik were in their own little world, staring at each other as if in a trance. Wonshik's eyes trailed up and down her figure, making her blush cherry red, as he thought happily of the fact that she had only dressed up for him and only him. And her heels had made her a few inches taller, not as tall as him, but....now it was easier to capture her lips with his.

 

"Oi! Get a room!" Jaehwa yelled at the love-sick couple who hasn't seen each other in less than 24 hours. They blushed as they separated, before their lips could touch.

 

Wonshik would need to kiss her soon though, she was making him crazy, just as he was making her crazy. She has always said Wonshik looked good in blue, especially with his handsome styled blonde hair.

 

As Wonshik and Hakyeonie continued to stare at each other, Jaehwa bothering Taekwoon as he tried not to burst from her adorableness, Hyuk walk up to an equally quiet Hongbinnie.

 

"You look...pretty today." Hyuk muttered to where only she could hear it. Hongbinnie frowned inside 'Just pretty?'. She wanted to look beautiful, enchanting to the younger, but just hearing him say she was pretty sent more butterflies to flutter in her chest.

 

She nodded looking down at the ground, her hands fiddling with her skirt nervously. Hyuk grinned at her nervousness, gently grabbing one of her hands. "Let's go then!"

 

The visual looked up confused at the maknae, "Go where?"

 

He grinned even more, "On a date, of course!" He answered excitedly, "All the hyungs have left with their dates already."

 

Hongbinnie now noticing how quiet it had gotten. She had not realized they had left. Just thinking of her first official date with Hyuk, made her blush instantly. "Where are we going?" She hadn't gotten Hyuk a gift, since she has been busy, maybe she can buy him something while they are out.

 

Hyuk childishly put a finger on his lips, "It's a secret." Hongbinnie huffed, crossing her arms and pouting angrily at him.

 

"Then I guess I won't be giving you your present."

 

Hyuk seemed to become frantic at that, she wanted to laugh at his attempts to apologize or something....but she kept an angry face to make him believe she really was angry, she was a good actor after all.

 

"...You'll really like it, but I can't tell you or it'll ruin the surprise. Don't be angry."

 

Hongbinnie relaxed and let out a sigh, "Fine as long as I like it.....if not..."

 

Hyuk gulped and shivered at her gaze, she almost ruined the fun by laughing out loud. Hyuk was too easy to trick.

 

"By the way, what is the present? Chocolates?"

 

Right before Hongbinnie exited out of the front door, she threw her hair back, gazing at Hyuk in a secretive way, "It's a secret." She answered, putting one finger on her lips.

 

Hyuk stood there frozen, realizing a little while later that she was playing the same game that he was.

 

And it was the truth that she hadn't got a present for him yet, so it was a secret to her as well. However, she did like to see Hyuk being frantic and fragile like that from just her expressions and words, it meant he did care for her a lot and he was cute when he was like that.


 

"Jaehwa, where are we going?" Taekwoon was pretty sure this was the fifth time they had passed that flower shop.

 

"Not telling you meow~" Jaehwa sang. He has also lost count of how many times he had told her to take off those ridiculous cat ears, not that it didn't look absolutely adorable on her...but people were staring....

 

"Do you even know where it is?" He asked quietly, as he sipped his coffee latte, which had been prepared by Jaehwa. Getting no answer, as they walked Taekwoon really did like the way Jaewha knew just how to prepare his coffee perfectly, just the way he likes it. Taekwoon then starts to think just how wonderful it would be to wake up every morning to the scent of his favorite coffee and....the singing of his favorite voice in the entire world...

 

"Taekwoon~! We're here, meow~!" Taekwoon blushed as he was pulled out of his daydream, was he just thinking about.....no....not now anyway. The older looked up, realizing why Jaehwa wanted to keep it a secret from him. "A pet shop..."

 

Taekwoon now blushed for a different reason altogether, she knew just how much he loved animals, and to be able to pet and watch different types of animals...he was happy.


 

"Here you go." Something soft was planted into Taekwoon's palms, he opened his eyes to see the brightest pair of gold eyes staring back at him. A soft black kitten with unusual white and red markings, meowed so innocently up at him, instantly melting his heart.

 

Jaehwa grinned as she watched Taekwoon being the happiest she has ever seen in awhile, as he petted and cooed at the small kitten. "I was looking around for a present for you. And I noticed this one kitten was on sale from all the other kittens. The shop owner told me that since the kitten was apparently a mixed breed and had very unusual markings, that nobody wanted him. He looked so lonely and sweet, that I knew that I had found the perfect gift for you. I knew you two would be a perfect match since you love animals unconditionally, and I know you'll love and care for him."

 

Taekwoon then begin to think that Jaehwa was actually listing off traits of a good father, and that this kitten was actually their first child....but he stopped that train of thought before his face could go even redder.

 

"This is the greatest present I could have...Thank you, Jaehwa." Jaehwa blushed and smiled at him, bringing out a genuine smile from him.

 

Afterwards, they had bought the small kitten and all of it's important necessities. They named it Rovix, their now official 7th member/mascot, Jaehwa coming up with the idea to name the kitten after their fictional robot mascot.

 

Taekwoon was even more happy than when Jaehwa had confessed to him. Having Jaehwa by his side and knowing all of his likes, dislikes, quirks, and loving him for himself. To be able to make his favorite coffee perfectly and giving him a unloved kitten to love as a valentines present, other than the cliche chocolates. Taekwoon knew without a second thought that Jaehwa was the woman that he wanted to spend his entire life with.

 

As the couple exited the pet shop, Taekwoon set all the bags down, including the cat carrier. "Jaehwa..." He whispered. Jaehwa turned around, hearing him over her constant chattering, and before she could say another word. Taekwoon captured her lips with his, pulling her in for a long passionate kiss, he didn't even care if they were in public as long as he was with Jaehwa, he didn't care.

 

Jaehwa wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him even her closer to her, his hands on her back. The couple finally separated for breath, foreheads touching as they lovingly stared into each others eyes.

 

"I love you, Jaehwa. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

 

Jaehwa giggled happily, giving him a little peck on the lips, "I love you too, Kitty Woonie~!"

 

Taekwoon immediately pulled her in for a even more amazing and passionate kiss than the last. He has never said he hated the pet name, nor did he ever think of one thing he hated about his cute, lovely puppy Jaehwanie.


 

"I heard from Hongbinnie that you stayed up all night working on my present." Ravi smiled curiously over at Hakyeonie, who shuffled in her seat.

 

"Y-yeah....but I'm not telling you." Hakyeonie answered flustered, shufflingly nervously in her seat, checking her phone almost every second.

 

Wonshik sipped on his green tea smoothie as he watched her, smiling at her cute nervousness.

 

'Bring bring'

 

Hakyeonie quickly checked her phone to see she got a message from Jaehwa, 'Distract him for a few more hours, Hakyeonie-unnie. We just got home with the party supplies and we're trying to reach the maknaes for help.....they won't even pick up....:(. We'll tell you when we're done.<3'

 

Hakyeonie sighed at having to wait a few more hours to surprise him and wasn't even surprise with the Maknaes disappearance, though as being the motherly oldest and leader she did worry.

 

Wonshik silently watched as Hakyeonie began to text someone. He knew that they were planning a surprise party for him, but he really didn't want to ruin the fun of the surprise. And beside if he got to spend a whole day alone with Hakyeonie, he was all for it.


'Bring Bring'

Hyuk looked down at his phone as he received a message. Hongbinnie looked over at it curiously. "Ah it's from Hakyeonie-unnie." Hyuk stated happily as they both read over the message.

 

'Hyuk I know you're with Hongbinnie right now. But stop whatever you two are doing and go help Taekwoon and Jaehwa prepare for Wonshik 's birthday party. Jaehwa has been trying to get a hold of you guys.'

 

Hyuk shrugged as he nonchalantly pocketed his phone. Hongbinnie became a nervous wreck as she thought of how she had to help and what if they didn't clean up properly or.....or.....

 

Hyuk placed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her increasing worried thoughts. "I don't want to go back just yet." He replied childishly, Hongbinnie in response staring up at him in shock. But before she could say anything, it was like he knew what she was about to say.

 

"This is our first official date after all. And with having to go back so early when we have time right now together, is very sad. We could always go back in a hour or two since it will take Taekwoon-hyung and Jaehwa-noona a while, and then we could help them without Hakyeonie-noona being on our case." Hyuk stated softly to her, intertwining their hands together as she stared into his young, innocent, and honest eyes. "I just want to spend more time together, while we have this time."

 

Hongbinnie shyly grinned staring down their intertwined hands, squeezing his hand, "Hyukkie...." She did want to help but....maybe Hyuk was right. Maybe they can be selfish just this once. "..Thanks for taking me here, to the art gallery. Getting to see all these great artworks is amazing. But...aren't I supposed to be the one taking you somewhere and buying you gifts?"

 

Hyuk chuckled sheepishly, "Well this is my first valentines with a date...."

 

Hongbinnie thought it was kinda cute that he cared enough to actually take her somewhere and that she was his first date. She held onto to his hand, cheerfully dragging him around the art gallery and pointing out little details in the photographs and paintings that even he never noticed.

 

Hyuk happily looked over at Hongbinnie, happy that she was enjoying herself and that she actually acknowledged that they were on a date, she even choose to stay with him then helping out on the birthday party.

 

The youngest felt like that was the best present she could ever give him, even a box of chocolates wouldn't be able to beat that, and he felt like he should return it.

 

"Look-" Hongbinnie froze as she felt the younger boy leaned in and kiss her cheek gently.

 

A few minutes passed before she slowly looked up at Hyuk, who was grinning like a child at her embarrassed flustered cheeks. "Thanks for the present."

 

She then became confused, "I-I di-didn't give you a present..."

 

He grinned even wider, her blushing like a tomato at his adorable expression, "Yes you did." He squeezed their intertwined hands, "You let me see the most beautiful and adorable 'artwork' in this entire gallery. By choosing to stay with me, that's the best present I could ask for."

 

He leaned down and kissed her forehead. Hongbinnie's face had turned every shade of red, as she figured out he was talking about her by using her old nickname 'artwork'.

 

She slipped her hand out of his grasp, to hit him lightly on the shoulder. Hyuk playing like it hurt and chuckling as she hid her red face in her hands. How did she ever come to like this cheesy rascal?

 


 

"Woonie~," Jaehwa called sweetly to our long-time boyfriend. Taekwoon sighed as he got up from laying on the floor where he had been playing with the newest member, Rovix. The kitten now played with the abandoned yarn ball, rolling it around on the floor playfully.

 

Taekwoon watched the kitten, wanting to play with it and it's cute little fur as it purred. "You can do the streamers, Woonie~." She said placing the streamers into his arms.

 

In which he just stared at her, "Don't give me that look. I want to play with Rovix too but, we have a job to do. After we're done then we can play with him. Besides I need to give him some food and water and make sure we have the litter box out before an incident happens." They both glanced over at the kitten to see it had gotten bored and was now exploring the living room. "I hope the others don't mind cat hair." Taekwoon gave her another look. "Oh don't worry, I asked and he is litter trained so there won't be any problems."

 

Taekwoon nodded smiling softly he looked over to their chi- kitten.....the main vocal blushed at his almost mistake....but Jaehwa was acting so motherly with the kitten that....he was not even going to finish that thought.

 

As Jaehwa set to work getting Rovix's everyday necessities out, Taekwoon set to work putting up the streamers. At one point he had felt a small tug that wasn't his doing or Jaehwa's at the end of the streamer that was hanging down towards the ground.

 

Taekwoon looked down at Rovix who batted at the end of the streamer like it was one of those feather toys that cats liked, kittens were really playful and Taekwoon didn't have the heart to yell at his kid. So as the gentle father figure he tugged gently at the streamer making the kitten try harder to bat at it, which apparently was even more fun to the kitten. Taekwoon played with the kitten for awhile just like this, sending a rare fatherly smile down at the adorable kitten, forgetting about his duties.

 

Before......"Jung Taekwoon!" Taekwoon jumped almost falling off the chair, before facing a serious Jaehwa, it was never good to encounter a serious Jaehwa. She picked up Rovix, petting the kitten as he purred, sending the older man a stern glare to finish the streamers already and hurry up on blowing the balloons up. Taekwoon hurried as he didn't like getting on Jaehwa's bad side.

 

But as Jaehwa walked off he could hear her mutter to the kitten, "Let's not bother daddy Taekwoon since he's working so very hard right now. I've prepared some nice food and cool water for you in the kitchen."

 

Taekeoon's heart beating faster and his cheeks blushed at Jaehwa's blunt statement, that he almost dropped the streamer he was currently putting up. Jaehwa thought of the kitten as...their son too.....Taekwoon shook his head....no, it was probably just Jaehwa playing around again like she always does.....isn't?


 

Taekwoon finished putting up the streamers, setting to work on the balloons with Jaehwa helping when the front door opened revealing the two blushing maknaes.

 

Jaehwa stood up and put her hands on her hips, giving the two a stern look like a mother who had caught her daughter coming home at a late hour with her boyfriend.

 

She eyed the two for a moment. The maknaes wondering what she would say, as Jaehwa was the most random of all of them.

 

Jaehwa then just smiled and gave the two maknaes crushing hugs. "Welcome home, darlings~!"

 

Hyuk gave a confused look, "Darlings...?", while Hongbinnie felt like gagging at her greeting.

 

"Meow?"

 

Taekwoon looked down to see Rovix eyeing the newcomers, ears flattened back as he was scared and unfamiliar to the two. Taekwoon petted Rovix to help the kitten calm down enough for him to pick him up and walk over to the two maknaes, to show them the new addition to their team.

 

"Aww he's so small." Hongbinnie said carefully and gently petting the kitten to where he started to purr.

 

"Where did you get him? What is Hakyeonie-noona and Ravi-hyung going to say? Where is Rovix going to stay?"

 

Jaehwa grinned at the bouncy, excited youngest, ruffling his hair, "I got Rovix as a Valentine's present for Taekwoon. And since he's Taekwoon's now and he is a male, Rovix is going to be staying in the boy dorm. Though I will be visiting from time to time."

 

"You visit too much already." Hyuk stated flatly, laughing as Jaehwa yelled at him and started to attack him with tickling.

 

As Taekwoon and Hongbinnie, the more serious ones of the groups, sat on the floor playing with Rovix. Taekwoon noticed that he had never seen Hongbinnie this happy and outgoing in a while.

 

"Hongbinnie?"

 

"Hm?" The visual looked at him, with a joyful smile on her face.

 

"Where did Hyuk take you to make you this happy?"

 

After the question, Hongbinnie stared into space for awhile before realizing what the older had said and she looked back down quickly, her face turning tomato red. "Just....to an Art Gallery....."

 

She looked back up, acting frantic, "But all we did was walk around and talk, that's all we did." She said it as if he had thought something different, not that he did because he knew the visual to be a very honest person.

 

He gently smiled at her, "Sounds like you had fun."

 

"Y-yeah." She went back to playing with the kitten, her face still red.

 

Taekwoon felt a sort of brotherly love for the younger, she really liked Hyuk and Hyuk was doing something right for once. And he had Jaehwa and his very own kitten, he couldn't be happier.


 

Hakyeonie sneezed, "Are you alright? You aren't coming down with a cold?" Ravi asked worriedly, putting his big coat over her smaller frame. February was still a chilly month after all.

 

Hakyeonie sniffled, "I'm fine.". The older blushing at having such a caring boyfriend and snuggling into the warmth of his jacket which smelled just like him. "It just feels like somebody's forgetting about me."

 

Ravi let out a throaty laugh that Hakyeonie loved so much. He wrapped his arms around and pulled her in for a kiss, looking down at her with caring eyes. "Now who could forget someone like you."

 

"Myself." Hakyeonie gave him a flirty grin as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer till their lips were an inch apart, "That is if you kiss me aga-"

 

Ravi didn't even let her finish before he had claimed her lips again, this time passionately kissing each other. In which it felt like years before they parted for air. Afterwards leaning their foreheads against each other as they smiled and gazed lovingly at each other.

 

"I love you, Hakyeonie."  Wonshik whispered softly, pecking her lips.

 

Hakyeonie grinned, "I love you, Wonshik~." Hakyeonie then pecked his lips, returning the favor.

 

They would never grow tired of hearing each other say those three little words that held so much emotion and meaning.


 

Hours Later

 

"Happy Birthday, Wonshik!" Party poppers popped everywhere, littering his and Hakyeonie's clothes and hair, not they minded. The couple smiled, holding hands as the lights flicked on showing the bright faces of their long-life friends and groupmates, even Leo had smile on his face.

 

Everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' as they brought the candle-lit cake that Hakyeonie had put all her heart into making. Wonshik laughed seeing as it was lopsided and teasingly asked Hakyeonie if she had made it, Hakyeonie blushed and turned her head pouting. Wonshik laughed again and leaned down to talk into her ear. "It's a beautiful birthday cake, thank you." He kissed her cheek, making her blush even more.

 

Wonshik then made a wish and blew out the candles, everyone cheering and clapping. Wonshik intertwined his fingers with Hakyeonie and grinned. "Thank you everyone, especially Hakyeonie, for making my birthday so special."

 

All the sudden, out of nowhere a "Meow" sounded. Taekwoon picked up Rovix, who now studied the couple.

 

3.......2......1.....

 

"Why is there a cat?!"


Thanks to anyone who subscribes, comments, reads, etc. I apologize for the bad descriptions of the outfits, I know nothing about dressing up since I'm more of a tomboy then anything. And I have never wore makeup ever, so I apologize if I mess that up too. Other than that......I really hoped you enjoyed the fanfic.

See you next Saturday!

Preview to Part 6 of The Holiday Oneshot Series: Thank You For Being Born:

"They are just so perfect together." Hakyeonie squealed, helping Wonshik with cooking.

 

"Yeah, sickeningly lovey-dovey all the time. Yuck!" Hyuk answered from the living room, sticking his tongue out in disgust.

 

Hongbinnie hit the Maknae's head. "Idiot, you don't know nothing."

 

"What?"

The visual sometimes wonders why she ever fell for the other maknae.