Prolouge (Chen's POV)

The Other Her

I could only stare at her when she approached me, that was all I could do. I really wanted to talk, to say thank you, but it seemed like my soul was lost within the dark orbs of her eyes. Her lips were moving, mouthing something to me, but I could hear nothing at all, nothing. It was only when her porcelain, doll like face twisted into a mixture of confusion and worry was when I snapped out of my trance and replied with a curt sorry.

 

Her lips broke into a beautiful smile and soft airy giggles emitted from . “ There is no need for you to be sorry, it is not your fault. You know, you should stand up for yourself the next time. In this world no one is going to help you but yourself.” her voice was laced with a hint of sadness, or so I thought. She pulled me into a tight embrace while tucking her hankerchief into one of my pockets. “ Use it to wipe the blood off from your nose.” she whispered into my ears before pushing us apart, with a last smile she turned around and went to her next class.

 

All I did was stare at her shadow, silently thanking her for helping me, helping an outcast like me. I took her handkerchief out of my pocket, wanting to wipe the blood of my nose, it was then my eyes fell upon the stitching at the bottom of the hankerchief.

 

“W.. E.. N..D..Y..”  Did Seung-Wan have an English name, her name was registered as Son Seung-Wan in the class name list. In fact no one in school called her Wendy, not even her closests friends. Who then was Wendy?