It Never Takes Too Long/ Final Chapter

Alternating Mistakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Start of Chapter 3

"It Never Takes Too Long"

 

She wondered, why did it take ​​​​this long at the wrong time?

​​​​

 

 

 

"W-what?!" 

Jessica and Donghae looked at each other, startled.

"He is Donghae, a friend of mine. What's wrong with that?"

The brunette shook her head. Embarassed. "Nothing. Just misheard something." 

Jessica chuckled, "Whatever Tae. I thought there's something wrong between you and Donghae. Thanks to your ears."

The three settled down at the couch, after sighing in relief.

 

"Well, it is nice meeting you, Taeyeon-ssi." Donghae smiled.

 

"It is nice meeting you too. " Taeyeon offered a handshake which Donghae politely returned.

 

"So, Taeyeon, care to tell me what you misheard a while ago?" Jessica tilted her head curiously. "It is nothing that you will really need to know. Trust me, it's weird and stupid," Taeyeon sighed. "Well then, as you say so..." Jessica leaned back on the couch.

Donghae's phone rung and he stood up. "Guys, my girlfriend is calling me now. Hehe, thank you for letting me come in even for just a short period of time. Jessica is really worried about you earlier that is why I decided to come here. Bye!" Donghae dashed outside without waiting for their reply.

Taeyeon and Jessica shook their heads and chuckled silently. 

Awkward silence creeped in. Everything went fast and it was pretty awkward. But Jessica, deciding it was the time to talk, spoke up. She shakily breathed and stared at Taeyeon with nervousness, "Taeyeon... I am sorry before... I just... I am so confused, lost, and hurt... I-I... I a-am really h-hurt about b-before... But I w-wanted us to have a proper c-closure..." 

Wind whoosed past, sending a shiver down her spine... The silence bringing them tears and pain. Time stopped and they can only see the other while forgetting how to breathe.

Taeyeon, the first to break the eye contact, looked down with hair covering her face. She finally breathed and looked up to stare at the eyes of her other half, hesitantly. "I'm sorry if I caused us painful memories. I am so selfish... I am so blind to see that you're the only one that I needed and wanted... I hurted not only you, but also your bestfriend." Taeyeon sighed. "It is not her fault, really. It just happened and I believe it is because of my selfish ways. But believe me... I loved you. I always thought about you. And the thing is, I still do..." Taeyeon gulped the lump in and mumbled the last part. "Even so, with a beautiful and precious girl like you, it is not enough. I took your efforts for granted. It was a terrible mistake. S-so if you wish for something... I am willing to do it for you if you will want me to." Even if it means killing me softly. 

Jessica swallowed her tears and continued to stare at Taeyeon, "Taeyeon... I-I don't really know what to feel... You're someone that holds a big part of me... Someone who I cannot forget... But I don't know if it will ever be the same again. If we were really meant to be. I just don't know if I still love you the same... I-I want us to h-have a c-cool off for the meantime..."

Taeyeon sadly smiled, "If that is what you want... Take your time, Jessica. You are the one I know who is hurted the most in this mistake of mine. I'm sorry, Sica. Please forgive me... I'm s-sorry." Taeyeon stood up with trembling lips, "I'm sorry... Please take care of yourself. You deserve to be happy. I-I..." Taeyeon opened the door and halted. 

"I love you."

 

---

 

After a month, there was still no progress between them. Taeyeon's condition was at its worst because of depression. Her family and her close friends tried to save her from her pit of depression, but their efforts were proven futile. Taeyeon remained stubborn. This, in turn, really affected her health. The doctors could only try and try to lengthen the life of the petite girl. But just like with the family and close friends of the petite girl, their efforts were futile as well. The doctors knew that the girl could only live before their estimated date. 

Over the past few days, Taeyeon was always seen staring outside the window with an expressionless face. Her family was so worried for her. Never have they ever seen her this way. But whenever they asked Taeyeon, Taey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter