Hopeless Love - One Shot

HOPELESS LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hopeless Love

You know when you walk down in the street in the night, but you didn’t wear the jacket, and the night’s wind made you shiver again and again. The next part, the sad part, you didn’t walk alone though, but you walk with your crush that never look at you as a girl. He just walked with you with that innocent smile, joking not only with you, but your best friend. How cruel this world to you. You know this is not fair enough. You are the first person meet him and know all about him right before your best friend knows him. Not fair again, the way he treats her, well not like the way he treats you. You would swear in your heart, but you can’t, because she is your best friend, and he is your first love. This is what happened to Jimin’s life.

 

 “Catch me if you can Park Jimin!” Seung Youn shouted from upstairs as he tried to run as fast as possible. He locked the door, and looked at Jimin who caught up her breath as she stared at Seung Youn who already chuckling likes a kid at the window.

“How dare you Cho seung Youn! Get out from there!” Jimin answered as she tried to pulled Seung Youn’s hair. But he kept chuckled and ruffled Jimin’s hair.

“Until you grow to be grandma I think you never can catch me.” He laughed.

Jimin know that her heart now would stop for a minute. Every time he laughs, jimin feel butterfly in her stomach. His dimples, his eye smile, the sound of his laugh, she just can’t resist that. This is not fair, because he didn’t see her like that. He only looked her as her friend not more than that. It’s hurt and hopeless.

 

When the school came, Jimin would walk alone if she can but she can’t. Seung Youn already put his arms around Jimin’s shoulder this morning.

“Don’t put it on my shoulder. You’re heavy.”

“Why, I’m not heavy as you chubby girl.” He smirked as he got closer to her. Jimin could felt his breath through her skin. Without any warning she punched his stomach then ran with chuckled. Didn’t he know he almost make my heart jump out from my chest? Aish this kid.

“Park Jimin! “

As she ran away, she heard someone was crying in the middle of the corridor. It’s rare you know, when the morning you heard this sound. So she chose to stop and walk to the where she heard the sound. She frowned as she found a girl hugged herself.

“Excuse me?”

The girl stopped. She hung her face to see Jimin who stand in front of her.

“Who are you?”

“Why are you crying? “

She didn’t answer at all. She stood up and wiped her tears as she passed Jimin.

“I just want to help though…” she mumbled and turned her body. But her heart almost out from her chest when Seung Youn was standing behind her with innocent smile.

“What’s wrong with her?” he asked.

“I don’t know. She didn’t answer me though.”

 

They got in to their class, as always they sit beside each other. They are friend since middle school, till now. It’s been 5 years. It’s been 5 years too her one sided love. Sad isn’t it? But she knows Seung Youn would never feel the same.

The break time came up, Seung Youn rushed go out to the soccer field, but he didn’t know someone passed in front him. She fell to the ground.

“Oh, sorry! I didn’t mean to!” he apologized as he helped her to get up. But she didn’t take his hand instead she just glared at him.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

Jimin who was listening to the music turned her head, and look at that moment. She knew that girl! She stood up and stood behind him.

“What’s wrong? Did you make her fall? Ish.” Jimin helped her to stand up but that girl put down her hand.

“Thanks…” she mumbled then ran away, again.

“I think something happen to her, the way she avoid us….”

“She’s hurt.”

Jimin widen her eyes, Seun youn voice never heard be serious like this. She looked at him,  he was staring to the direction where she was running. Seung youn’s eyes. This is the first time he showed this side. The dorky bluffing idiot hyper seungyoun changed to the serious one.

Jimin was wondering where the hell Seung Youn was. He should be the gate at 4, but he didn’t make it. Instead she already waits for him like 15 minutes. It’s never like this. However he is like to playing around, he never late. She sighed.

“Sorry I’m late.”

He ran to her with a collapse face.

“Why? What’s wrong with your face?”

“Ah, I ran from third floor because the class was delayed for 15 minutes.”

She just nodded and walked in front of him.

“Are you mad?”

How can I mad at you, even when you put the sorry face, you’re still cute.

“Yes, it is obvious.”

“Sorry, I promise this the first time and the last. Trust me!”

“Whatever Cho Seung Youn, just treat me ice cream today.”

“Yes princess!”

He said and grab Jimin’s hand and held it tight as they ran together. I hope you can hold my hand forever.

If Seung Youn make Jimin mad, it’s really easy to make her happy again. Just give her ice cream, she would be the happiest person and forget Seungyoun’s mistake

 

 The next day just like the yesterday, they stick together. People in the school always asked them, if they dating each other, or they are sibling or else. But they always joking mocking denying every rumors. Because when you know the sad fact that you can’t deny. It’s the saddest thing you ever through with your crush.

“Oh, are you joining this class?”

“Ah…. Yes.”

“Glad to know that, I’m Seung Youn, been here like 2 years since I really like dancing.” he offered his hand to the girl who just hugged her stuff tightly.

“I’m Ji soo.”

“Oh nice to know your name, lets get in.”

They walked to the class. And they start talk to each other. Jimin who didn’t know at all, just enjoying herself on her extra class, music.

“You know, there was a girl who likes crying alone in corridor near hall, its make me scared.”

“Ah, that freak girl. She is jisoo.”

A bunch of girls gossiping right behind Jimin that made her didn’t focus on making song.

“I hear she was getting abused in her house.”

Jimin couldn’t take it anymore; she turned her body and faced all the girls.

“This is music class, not gossip class.”

They became silent, no one dare to answers. Mostly because Jimin was a leader of the music class and she is one of top student.

“If you didn’t have anything to do you can finish your music project instead of gossiping.” She went out from her class as she carried her book on her arms. She just walked a little bit far but she stopped when saw something weird for her.

“Ah, we are on the same age.”

“Yes, I often see you tho.”

“I guess i didn’t pay a lot attention on people.” He chuckled. He changed his sight to Jimin who just were stood staring at him blankly.

“Jimin!”

She didn’t answer she walked to them.

“Hey, already finish your class?”

He nodded and smiled as usual. Then he yanked his arms to the girl next to him,

“Let me introduce you, this is Kim Ji Soo. We have same extra class. She will be our friend from now.”

Jimin can’t think straight but, she couldn’t help to frown. After 5 years they together someone came in, how this not awkward for her? He can just bring someone after 1 year 2 years even 3 years, but it’s already 5 years. This is really weird.

“And Jisoo this is Park Jimin, we already be best friend since middle school. And yeah the rumor about us that might you heard before is absolutely false. I can’t date this chubby violent girl.” He laughed.

“Ya Park Jimin, what’s with your expression!?” asked Seung Youn.

“Uh huh? I’m just….Thinking something. Hello I’m the unlucky person to have this stupid dorky best friend, you can call me Jimin.”

Then they shook hands.

The new world starts.

 

So now Jimin always walked with Ji Soo and Seung Youn. Since you know she didn’t have any friend. Because the rumor that spread in the school, that Jimin didn’t know what the truth is. Because she never talks much about her life, and they never force her to tell it. But of course they curious, but Jimin more curious why did Seung Youn choose her to be friend with Ji Soo. But never mind she didn’t have a right to ask him anyway.

As they growing to being friend together the bad and good rumors linger on them. Many girls didn’t like Ji soo, exactly they didn’t like Seung Youn one of popular boy in school get closer to a girl that didn’t have any friend. Even Seung youn just try to make the girl out of mind by showing how close he with Jisoo

One day when Jimin wait for Seung Youn and Ji Soo in front of gate alone, she was wondering how she get close to Ji soo within 3 weeks. She glad to have new friend, but she knows everything has change, a bit.

Seung Youn not pay attention that much to her again. Sometimes He would appear in the morning in the school and said he can’t pick her because he had something to do. Sometimes he left jimin alone in the class to talk to Ji soo. He even now a little bit forgot about Jimin.

Disappointed.

She just disappointed how he changed to her just because. She is lying if she said she is not jealous, the fact she is too jealous over her. But she just held it. It’s too childish to her for getting jealous with new friend.

Jisoo is a good person after all, and she is a happy virus between them. Its sad how treat her badly without Seung Youn and Jimin knowing. They would scold people who bullying Jisoo, but Ji soo didn’t want they do that. Instead she always said “She is fine.”

“Jiminnie~!”

Jimin got surprised because Ji soo appeared suddenly behind her.

“Hey, where is Seung Youn?”

“He lost from me on a game, so now he must bring my bag.” She chuckled as she pointed what happen behind her back. Seung Youn with 3 bags. Good. Jimin couldn’t held her laugh.

“Oh, Seung Youn the slave.”

She nodded as she stuck out her tongue. Seung Youn pouted and answered,

“I’m not the only one.”

He walked to Jimin then linger his bag to Jimin’s neck, and ran away.

“Ya Cho Seung Youn!”

“JIMIN MY SLAVE!”

He was laughing so loud, while Jimin really want to punch him in the face.

“Let’s go Jisoo-ya.”

Jimin pulled Ji soo’s hand and run together, but she tackled but a stone that made her fall.

“Argh.”

“I’m so sorry Jisoo! Omg!” she helped her to stand up, she looked at her knee that bleeding.

“You are bleeding.”

Seung Youn who stopped because he didn’t hear someone catch him turned his body and looked back. His eyes widen, he was running to them and panic.

“Are you okay? What happen?”

“She fall—.”

Jimin was freezing in her place. How she wasn’t freezing when she saw everything that Seung Youn wouldn’t do for her. Seung Youn gave her a piggy back ride.

“I will take her home.” He said leaving Jimin who still can’t believe. Her eyes felt like burning, but she just sighed.

 

The next day Jimin Ji Soo and Seung Youn decided to play together in abandoned building. They were playing bubble water, since they were too lazy to finish their homework. But Ji Soo just can sit and watched over them because of her leg that still in pain.

“Ji Soo –ya, is you leg still hurt?”

She shook her head and smiled,

“No, watching you both happy my pain went away somehow.”

“Aw. You cutie.” Jimin ran to her and hugged her tightly as Ji soo giggled.

“Wait wait, look at this I have something.”

Seung Youn walked to them and showed them 3 white ribbons.

“What is that?”asked Ji Soo.

“oh, this is will be symbol for our friendship.”

“Are you kidding me? With just that ribbon?”

Seung Youn flicked Jimin’s forehead meanwhile jimin screamed as the respon.

“White is symbolic of honesty, loyalty, and truth friendship, don’t you know that chubby?” Seung Yeon chuckled then come to Ji Soo and wrapped the ribbon on her wrist. Jimin was staring at them who were joking. How can he put her in the first? Ya Park Jimin! What did you think like you that? you shouldn’t be envy with her. Pabo.

Seung Youn stood in front of her and took Jimin’s wrist.

“You shouldn’t try to lost this, if you do I don’t want to be your friend anymore.” He chuckled.

I don’t want to though. If I can i already left you with stupid reasons.

“I should lost this cause I don’t want to be your friend. Is it right Jisoo?” Jimin stuck out her tongue as Seun Youn chuckled over her. Jisoo laughed as she nodded.

“Tie this for me.” He asked.

Jimin thought the one that he would ask was Ji Soo. Why is he like to do this to me?

Jimin tied the ribbon on his wrist while she peeked at Ji Soo who was smiling to them. After she finished Seung Youn smiled at her then pinched her cheeks then ruffled her hair.

“Ya!” she mumbled as she fixed her hair.

“This is our friendship’s faith, and if anyone lose this. Let’s give a punishment for the one lost it, deal?”

Seung Youn put his palm between them, so they can reach out and put their hand on his.

“Deal.”

 

 

Jimin who walked in the corridor on the next day would just stared at the window, she smiled over Seung Youn who played soccer on her school’s field. She was thinking about how she met her on the first time.

“Jimin-ah!”

Ji Soo suddenly appeared and hugged her tightly,

“Ya why you like do things like Seung Youn? You want to be the second of him?”

“Why are you here? I was searching you all day tho.”

Jimin smiled as she put her arms around her, but kept staring at Seung Youn.

“I just search for inspiration.”

“Liar. Anyway I curious how about both of you know each other.”

Jimin would laughed at herself how she remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter