Of Blinding Lasers and Shing-A-Lings

Notice me, Song Minho-ssi

CHAPTER 1

 

Blacknut's vanilla-scented sweat brutally dropped from his porcelain forehead to his sharp v-line jaw as he skipped fast to catch the last bus ride home. His favorite grey sweater was wet with salt water around his armpits, but he didn't care. It was already 9:15 pm KST and he HAD to be home no later than 9:40.

 

His eyes were beaming with pure desperation, and his head was so full of one thought and one goal only: I can't miss his live performance this time.

 

"Blacknut incoming!" He raps as he entered the public vroom vroom. "Thought you were gonna leave me behind, Bus Driver-ssi." He smiled, causing his perfectly white teeth to flash blinding lasers inside the bus. The passengers clapped in awe. "Ah, please…" He scratched the back of his head, flustered at the attention that he was receiving, and quietly sat on the empty seat far back.

 

During the bus ride home, all he could think about was the vertically long tanned youngster that he was going to see again after two weeks. His insides burned at the thought.

 

--

 

It was already 10:20 when he arrived in his bachelor pad. The elevator was, conveniently, under coder construction so Blacknut had to run up thirteen flights of stairs only to realize that he lives on the seventh floor.

 

That evening, he learned that surfing down cylindrical stairs was NOT a good idea.

 

He ran towards his living room in pieces. After making sure that the plug was plugged in, he positioned himself in front of his flat-screen TV. And not wanting to waste any more time, he reaches for the remote as fast as he could and clicks on the power button.

 

It took him roughly ten seconds to find SBS. And just as he sat down on his leather couch, a familiar shing-a-ling with a little bit of a Christmas twist started playing.

 

", I missed the Super 5," he hissed under his breath as he raised the volume to its maximum.

 

The screen showed the other Winner rapper whose name he did not know. The other rapper was waving his hand with so much enthusiasm even though there was clearly some kind of a technical problem happening backstage.

 

"Bruh," Blacknut hiphop-nodded at the other rapper in acknowledgement. He tried to recall his name but the the camera suddenly changed the view, showing all Winner members dancing heartily like it was their last. His heart pumped blood aggressively as he looked for the love of his life. His eyes searched hungrily for him and he might even have popped a vein, but to no avail. There were too many, in his opinion, unnecessary breathing creatures on stage and the view changed too fast again.

 

Blacknut was getting impatient. This day was definitely not going the way he wants it to.

 

And his mood got way worse when he caught a glimpse of the devil in turquoise, breathing the same air as the love of his life.

 

"HRAAAAAAWR!" He growled with his eyes closed. "ING. NAM. TAEHYUN." A series of unsightly images bombarded his head. Nam Taehyun stepping on the same tile as him. Nam Taehyun speaking the same language as him. And Nam Taehyun living in the same world as him.

 

And then Blacknut lost it.

 

Blacknut lost it. Together with the chance to see him on TV after a very long time. Together with his newly bought television that is now barely recognizable after all the hits it had to take.

 

He fell on his knees and wept. His pathetic-ness filled the whole room. And after almost twenty full minutes, he stopped.

 

Now, we don't really know where his next line came from. Nor do we know what kind of difference it would make after. But Blacknut already made up his mind. And he was pretty firm about it.

 

He went to his room and tiptoed towards his vault. He breathes some oxygen in and slowly, he reached for it and typed the code.

 

3-3-0-1-9-9-3

 

click

 

The vault opened by itself, showing an unidentifiable item wrapped in a black linen cloth. Blacknut picked it up with his manner hand.

 

He carefully unfolded the item, which turned out to be a Ray Ban, and wore it, looking as dignified as he could.

 

"I will make Song Minho-ssi notice me."

 

The same evening, Blacknut wrote a hate PANN about Nam Taehyun.