OVC CHAPTER 1

Our Vicious Circle

 

July 15th, 20XX


 

I woke up to the sound of my cell phone’s alarm clock. Groggily opening my eyes to let them get accustomed to the morning’s light, I slowly stretched myself. With a last yawn, I checked the hour and willed my body out of my bed to prepare myself for a wonderful day; a date with my beloved Jaejoongie.

 

I brushed my teeth, washed my face and passed a hand through my hair to smooth away any bed hair.  Changing into something presentable, I glanced at my own reflection in the bathroom’s mirror and felt quite satisfied with how I looked.

 

Staring at the time once again, I ran down the stairs to take a breakfast before walking out to our arranged meeting place.

 

The day couldn’t be more perfect; the warm sun basked the city under its bright ray and the temperature was practically screaming ‘go outside!’ The thought of my boyfriend at the back of my mind drew a smile on my lips. We’ve been dating for 2 months, but it still felt like yesterday that I confessed to him after school. Reminding myself of how cute he was when he shyly answered “Me too” to my confession, still gave me butterflies in the stomach.

 

I love him. He loves me. I can’t ask for more. This is everything I ever wanted.

 

-----

 

Turning the corner of the street, I was greeted by the sight of my love on one of the park’s swings. How lovely he looked, a black cat on his lap, chuckling slightly when the cat was all but listening to him. When he finally caught sight of me, he flashed one of those smiles that never failed to melt my heart. I approached my beautiful Jaejoong (and the cat) and kissed him lightly on top of his head (damn that cat for being in the way!) before sitting on the swing next to him.

 

Talking was one of the things he loved to do, and of course I complied. Who could refuse to hear such a melodious voice? Not me, that’s for sure. As the conversation went on, I remarked the sullen look on his angelic face. Worried to see such a foul mood seizing my boyfriend who is usually full of life, I inquired:

 

“Hey, Jae. Are you fine? You don’t really seem happy. Any reason for that?”

 

With a sigh, he replied:

 

“I... hate summer.”

 

“Oh... Sorry. We could go somewhere else or indoor if—”

 

“Yunho, it’s fine. I just dislike it. No needs to move only because of a small issue like this, right?” He immediately said back.

 

“Fine... If you say so. Still, it’s a shame; the summer sunshine makes you more beautiful than ever, don’t you know?”

 

“Cheesiness will get you nowhere, dear boyfriend of mine." Jae answered with rosy cheeks and a small smile tugging on his lips.

 

“But the truth still have to be said." I observed with amusement, feeling quite relieved to see my love in a better mood.

 

“Why did I have to get myself a boyfriend like you?” he wondered out loud in a teasing tone.

 

“Because you love me, dear angel of mine." I suggested back at him.

 

“Jung Yunho, that mouth of yours should have a leash on. I can’t have you spouting all of these praises to whomever crosses your path now, do I?”

 

“This mouth of mine shall be sealed. Do you have any idea how I should do that?” I asked with a wink.

 

“... A kiss should do the job, don’t you think? May I ask you if you’d prefer a kiss from the cat or one from the swing?”

 

“Neither will be able to shut my mouth as much as these sinful lips decorating your face.”

 

“Straightforward, aren’t we?”

 

“Everything for you, dear love.”

 

“Then come here and claim what’s yours.”

 

“The pleasure is all mine." I got on my feet and towered my boyfriend who looked up at me with his doe eyes. I slowly inched my face closer to his until the distance was no more. The saccharine taste of his plump lips intoxicated my senses, making a puddle out of my mind and any logical thoughts that crossed my head.

 

Suddenly, breaking our kiss apart, the cat (why was it there in the first place?) that was calmly settled on Jae’s laps sprang to life in that precise moment and ran away quickly.

 

Jaejoong, being the cat-lover that he is, excused himself with a contrite smile and ran after the (damn) cat, leaving me all alone and still high from the kiss.

 

Well, anyway, at least he is happy, right? That’s what matters.

 

I guess.

 

(I want my kiss back!!! Damn cat!)

 

-----

 

Smiling to myself, I sat back on my swing while waiting for Jaejoong to come back from his chase.

 

And maybe we could continue where we left off?

 

A loud noise broke my silly chain of thoughts and I wondered what it was. Hearing people screaming and running toward the street, I followed them too, feeling curious about what happened. Arrived, I saw a big crowd forming a circle on the sidewalk. A truck had collided with something (or was it someone?).

 

Trying to figure it out, I pushed away the mass of people to clear my way to the scene. Finally in the front “row” of the gathering, I saw it.

 

Maybe not trying to find out what it was would have been better for me.

 

Maybe walking away from this crowd would have been better for me.    

 

Maybe not waking up today would have been better for me.

 

Better than seeing the boy you loved soaked in his own blood.

 

Better than seeing the boy you loved lifeless and pale as death on the pavement.

 

Why him?

 

Why?

 

I out.

 

(ô_ô) (ô_ô) (ô_ô) (ô_ô) (ô_ô)

 

 

Let me begin with a: SORRY! SORRY! SORRY! Shame on me for writing such a fic! OTL

But I did so... it up! (/gets bricked because of that)

 

If you are willing to know what happens next, wait patiently for the next chappie ;P

 

See ya, love ya <3