Falling Back In Love

Falling Back In Love *One-Shot*

 

MinHo stared blankly at his reflection.

Nothing.

Ever since he was cheated on, he tried to get back up to his feet, wanting to enjoy life.  Not once did he actually try.  Wherever he is and whatever he does, he is always thought about his first love.  He cursed at himself.  He never really paid attention to those distant signs.  Her frequent phone calls, her excuses, and sometimes her attitude towards him.  He looked out of his window.  It was a bright sunny day and he decided to just take a walk.  The dorm was quiet.  He saw a note on the fridge.  All the guys went out and they didn’t want to wake him up. MinHo went out, taking in the fresh air that he hasn’t breathed in for weeks.

                “Omo, MinHo oppa.”

MinHo turned around to see you.  You were wearing you’re usual denim shorts, a white and gray striped long sleeve and black converse.  You ran up to him, smiling.

                “Are you looking for, JongHyun hyung?” he asked.  You nodded and stared at his blank expression.  “He and the guys left about half an hour ago to the gym.”  You pouted.

                “Aigoo, oppa is a bad brother,” you muttered.  “He never spends time with me.”  MinHo just looked at you.  You smiled and cutely looked at him.  “Oppa, let’s hang out.  Please?  I miss you, also.”

MinHo bit his lip.  ‘I guess I should.  I need to get my mind off of *ex’s name*,’ he thought.  MinHo gave a small smile.

                “Okay, but what do you want to do?”

You smiled at him.

                “Omo!  I saw that small smile!  Let’s go to the zoo!”

MinHo chuckled at you’re cuteness.  It sure has been a while since you two last saw each other.  You were very close to him, yet at times, distant.  You knew about his current relationship, so you felt fortunate that JongHyun wasn’t in the dorm.  You took your chance to make him have a good time.  You want him to forget the bad memories.  You want him to notice you for a change.

You held his hand and dragged him to the nearby zoo.  You were awed by all the animals.  You lead MinHo to where the tigers were.  You smiled and faced him.

                “Oppa, I want to pet one,” you told him.  He looked at you as if you were crazy.

                “What?  Yah!  The tiger is going to hurt you!  What if the tiger bit your hand?!” he exclaimed.  You only pouted in response.  MinHo immediately felt bad. “A-Araso, okay, okay.  C’mon, let’s ask if you can.”  He then held your hand.

                “Yay!  Oppa is the best!”  MinHo instantly smiled.  You saw and smiled back at him.  ‘Now that’s MinHo oppa’s smile.  Not the small or fake ones, but a real one,’ you thought.  MinHo asked the guy about the tiger and nodded, but only the cub.  The owner gently let you carry the cub and you gently petted the cub’s head.  You smiled and looked at MinHo.  “Oppa, his fur is so soft.”  MinHo chuckled and petted the cub.

                “Whoa, it is soft!”

Ever since the zoo, you can see the sudden changes in him.  You felt happy that you were able to help him.  After a month passed, he was back to himself.

                “MinHo, where are you going?” JongHyun asked.

                “I’m off to see _______,” MinHo answered.

                “What are you two going to do?” JongHyun asked as he stared down at MinHo.

                “Calm down, hyung.  We’re going to walk around the city.  Maybe see a movie or something.”

                “Yah!  Don’t you dare do anything to her.  I trust you to not hurt her.”

                “You’re making it seem like I’m going to break her heart or something. Calm down, she’s like my sister, too.”  MinHo opened the door and turned around to JongHyun.  “Well, see you guys later.”  JongHyun looked at him.

                “Psh, sister?  You freaking love her.  All you do is think about her. Aigoo, he’s a pabo.”

MinHo patiently sat on the bench, waiting for you.  You text him that you were now on your way and was extremely sorry that she’s going to be late.  MinHo chuckled and replied that he was okay with it.  The day was calm and not a lot of people were out.  He took out his iPod to listen to some music for time to pass.

                “MinHo oppa!”  Immediately he took his headphones off and looked up with a smile.  He wondered how you got there fast; however, his smile disappeared when he saw his ex looking at him with a hopeful smile.  She walked to him.  MinHo stood up.  “So…I was thinking…”

                “What?” he asked in a cold voice.

                “I want you back,” she quickly said.  He looked at her in shock but soon replaced that with a cold look.  “Please, oppa.  I made a mistake.  He cheated on for another girl.”

                “Just like you cheated on me for him,” he scoffed.  She just looked at him. 

                “Maybe I can change your mind.”

                “Oh yeah, and how….”


His eyes widened when she pulled him in for a kiss.  MinHo pulled away when heard something drop.  He looked forward.  His eyes widened when he saw you staring at them in full shock.  You dropped your purse and you just ran off.  MinHo pushed his ex away to run after you but she pulled him back.

                “Wait, oppa!” she cried.

                “Let go of me!  I got over you a while ago because of her and because of her, I was able to fall in love again.  I’m sorry *ex’s name* but…I love her now and I know I love her.  I lie to myself that I don’t, but I do.  I know I do.  I’m sorry,” he said.  She let him go.  MinHo picked your purse up and ran after you. “______-~ah!”

You ran as fast your legs can take you.  You saw a small alley and just hid there. You sat down and hugged your knees.  You hid your face in your arms, letting your tears fall.  ‘So, this is what it’s like to feel heartbroken,’ you thought.  ‘I hate it.  I hate it so much.  I love you so much, MinHo oppa.’

                “_______~ah!”

Your head shot up as you heard him call your name.  You just sat there, hearing him call your name.  You stood up and once you did, he was right in front of you. You gasped when he pulled you in for a hug.

                “Yah, don’t do that again.  You got me worried there,” MinHo said when he pulled away, but held onto your shoulders.  You stared at the ground, biting your lips.  MinHo frowned.  He held your chin, slowly lifting your head up to face him.  “She kissed me, _______~ah.  I swear.  I didn’t expect that kiss and…I didn’t like the kiss.”

                “I’m sorry.  I-I thought you wanted her back,” you said quietly.  “I-I assumed and…I don’t know what came over me.”  MinHo chuckled and cupped her face.

                “You should’ve just stayed because…I don’t want to repeat to myself on what I said to *ex’s name*,” he said.  You gave him a confused look, making MinHo chuckle again.  “I always ignored this feeling as we became closer after our time from the zoo.  I always say that I find you like my little sister, but I know it’s a lie and everyone knew it was, too.  Even JongHyun hyung.”  You stared at him with big, curious eyes.  “_______~ah, I love you,” he said.

                “Y-You’re not just saying that?” you asked.  MinHo shook his head and gave you a cute smile.

                “I love you, Kim _______,” he said again.  You smiled widely and hugged him.

                “I love you, too.  I always had.”

MinHo smiled widely and pulled away from the hug.  He cupped your face again and gently kissed you.