My Love

My Love (My Angel Sequel)

Daiki stood up from his bed when he heard his alarm clock. He headed toward the window and moved his curtains away, letting the warm sunlight touch his skin. With his half asleep vision, he looked out his window and yawned. He rubbed his eyes and walked out of his room. 

 

He reached his kitchen and cooked a sunny-side up. He toasted a slice of bread too and made his coffee. He started eating even though he's sleepy. 

 

After that, he took a bath and wore his office uniform. He stared at his reflection at the mirror. And then, he smiled widely at himself. Today, he'll do his best. 

 

He went out of his house and rushed to the avenue toward the station. Breathing heavily, he fixed his necktie and wiped the sweat he has on his forehead. 

 

He looked around and his eye caught Kei, his first crush--love and first heartbreak. His angel. 

 

The guy is standing at the corner of the second line's platform. He and Kei lives near each other. However, they only see each other maybe four times a week since they don't have the same work. 

 

When Kei saw him, his angel smiled. 

 

He felt his heart skipped a beat. A feeling that he never fails to feel whenever he sees Kei. He smiled back. And with that, the bell rang, indicating that everyone must board. 

 

He went in the train. And with that, he lost the sight of Kei. Even though there are so many people inside the train, he managed to squeezed in and pushed himself toward the spot when Kei is. Every time they see each other at the station, they talk about random things. They are still friends even after what happened during their graduation day years ago. 

 

He's already just inches away when a guy went on front of him. With his small height, he couldn't see Kei anymore. He frowned. 

 

"Oh, Kei!" 

 

It was as if a lighting struck him when he heard the guy in front of him spoke. It was like a deja vu from his youth. 

 

"Yuya!" He heard Kei exclamed. 

 

His heart thumped. 'Yuya? Yuya Takaki?' 

 


 

Daiki frowned while pouting a bit while staring at Kei and Yuya chatting happily at the other side of the train. There are only few people inside because it's not yet rush hour. 

 

Since the day he knew that Yuya is also living near the place he and Kei lives, he often see Yuya riding the train the same time as them. The guy will find a way toward Kei and then talk with his angel, lessening the attention given to him. 

 

And with that, the feelings he already overcame for the past years came back. Intense jealousy, painful longing and the pain in his heart came back. 

 

He moved on. He accepted the fact that they're just meant to be friends. But why are those feelings coming back again? Is it because he's a possessive friend? Or is it because he envy Yuya because the guy clearly has a larger chance that him since before? 

 

As when Yuya went off the train, Daiki moved and sat down beside Kei. He felt his heart race. He placed his hand over his chest and closed his eyes. 'Kei's effect...' 

 

"Hey, are you okay?" 

 

He jumped a bit when Kei spoke. He opened his eyes and looked at his angel and saw how concerned he is. 

 

He nodded. "Yup! I'm okay." 

 

Kei smiled at him. "So, how's life? We haven't talked for a while." 

 

'You're smile is always captivating, angel. Always.' He grinned. "I miss you! You're always talking to Yuya and you seem like forgetting me." 

 

Kei chuckled. "Oi! I'm not forgetting you." 

 

'I realized that I'm not forgetting my feelings for you, too.' 

 


I'm a hard worker echos Daiki ran toward the east then to the left. After some minutes, he reached the building he's working at. While breathing heavily, he entered the main doors and ran toward the elevator, completely ignoring the ones greeting him. 

 

When he reached his floor, the floor surpervisor saw him. "You're late." 

 

He bowed. "Sorry!" 

 

He spent his whole day working hard. After his work, he decided to just go home and eat his dinner in his house. 

 

He went to the train station. Fortunately, the train is already present. He went inside and sat on the nearest seat. 

 

He was about to close his eyes when someone went in the train and sat beside him. 

 

"Oh, hi Kei!" He greeted. 

 

Kei smiled at him. "Hello." 

 

"How's work?" 

 

His angel yawned. "Pretty tiring." 

 

He saw how sleepy Kei is. He tapped his own shoulder. "Do you want to sleep?" 

 

Kei shook his head. However, he placed his hand around his angel's head and made it rest on his shoulder. He doesn't know if he's hallucinating or not but for a second, he thought he saw his angel blushed. 

 

"Thank you," Kei whispered. 

 

His heart beated fast. He's afraid that his angel might hear it but he won't care. 

 

As the train moved, he's restraining himself to sleep. Even though he's also tired from work, he wanted to stay awake so that he could watch over Kei and wake his angel up when their station comes. 

 

Days passed and somehow fate made some ways for the two of them to meet at different places most of the times. And Daiki made a way for the two of them to see each other in the train every after work. Even if he's tired from work, he still wait until he see Kei at the station. Being an adult is hard compared to being a student but he's willing to do things for his first love. 

 

And as the days pass, he slowly understands what working means. He realized that people need to work in love too. No matter how low one's chance is, if he work hard, he might achieve it. For the sake of the love he hid for years, it won't be bad to work hard. 

 

Destiny won't let them meet for nothing.

 


 

Daiki rolled on his bed while thinking. All of a sudden, he thought of confessing. Action speaks louder than words. Yet, there are actions that are vague without words. 

 

He grabbed his phone from the table beside his bed and composed a message which he immedately deleted. "It's better if I say it directly, right?" He asked himself. 

 

He shrugged his shoulders and put his phone away. He relaxed himself and soon fell asleep. 

 


 

Daiki came at the train station with a will to tell Kei what he feels. He immediately spotted Kei. Beside his angel is the guy who since he was a student is his rival, Yuya. He started walking toward the two. 

 

The bell rang, indicating that everyone has to board. Kei stepped toward the train and was about to ride when Daiki took his angel's hand and ran away. 

 

"Daiki!" Kei exclamed. 

 

With no particular reason, he continued running with Kei. He doesn't know why he grabbed Kei's hand. All he knew is that he felt the same feeling he felt when he was young. Jealousy and longing for something that wasn't clear to him before. 

 

They stopped outside the station. 

 

"Daiki?" Kei looked at him with a confused face. "We're going to be late." 

 

He decided that it's the right time to convey all the burning feelings he has right now. After this, he won't regret anything. This time will be his second time. After this, no more next time. 

 

"Kei," he smiled. 

 

Slowly, he placed his hand inside the pocket if his suit. He took out a soft torned paper. It is the love letter he soaked with his tears when he was young. 

 

His smile trembled as he handed Kei the love letter which he kept for years. 

 

"I can't say it. But I certainly can't forget it." He bowed. "Kei, I love you." 

 

Will Kei laugh at him after this? What ever happens, he doesn't care anymore. As long as he can send his love, he's okay with anything.