It all started with a text

And then some

Chanyeolk

- Saturday 5/6/15 1:33 am -

Chanyeol: Baekkie~

Baekhyun: eh? what is it? it's like 2 in the morning

Chanyeol: I really love you

Baekhyun: Jesus is that all you wanted to tell me? Couldn't you have saved it for the morning?

Chanyeol: I want to see you tomorrow, and hold you, and love you, and kiss you

Baekhyun: Chanyeol, go to bed. I'm so tired right now, please. Just sleep!

Chanyeol: Good night, Baek, I love you

Brat, peasant, and (Sehun)

- Saturday 5/10/15 10:00 am -

Baekhyun: yo, . Could you keep your brother from texting me at 1 in the morning? thanks

Sehun: You know he just loves you a lot. Shouldn't you have your phone on silent anyway?

Baekhyun: yeah I know that, and sometimes I forget.

Sehun: wow good job, dickhead. 

Baekhyun: thanks, peasant, but seriously, please tell him

Chanyeolk

- Friday 5/10/15 8:00 pm -

Baekhyun: Chan

Baekhyun: Chaneyeol

Baekhyun: I know you're reading my texts

Baekhyun: answer me

Baekhyun: where have you been

Baekhyun: Park freaking Chanyeol

Baekhyun: hey!

Baekhyun: why haven't you texted me?

Baekhyun: Chanyeeeeeol

Baekhyun: you missed my birthday, you know

Brat, peasant, and (Sehun)

- Friday 5/10/15 -

Baekhyun: where is your brother. I know he's reading my texts, I can see it

Sehun: you .

Baekhyun: you too. now what is going on with Chanyeol

Sehun: he's been ing crying these last four days, nonstop

Baekhyun: what why? what happened?

Sehun: you happened. get your over here and see for yourself.

Baekhyun threw his phone on the bed and rushed out the door, completely forgetting his shoes. About halfway to Chanyeol's house, his feet ached, and there were holes in each sock from the road, but he kept walking. Five minutes later, he arrived at the Park's doorstep and didn't even bother to knock. He just opened the door to find Sehun sitting on the couch playing on his phone. At the sound of the door closing, Sehun lifted his head, and scowled when he saw Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol!" he called.

"What?" a hoarse voice called back.

"Someone is here for you!"

"Tell them to go away!"

Sehun turned to Baekhyun. "You better fix my brother."

Baekhyun nodded and rushed up to Chanyeol's room. When he got there, he knocked on the door, heart pounding.

"Sehun, go away, my god!"

Baekhyun took a deep breath and opened the door. The room was dark, tissues covered the ground along with dirty plates and bowls. The desk off to the side was covered in crumpled papers, and a few letters. Baekhyun recognized them as the ones he had sent Chanyeol when he went away for half a year. On the bed directly in front of the door was a gigantic lump of sheets, and a comforter, all wrapped around a certain giant. Baekhyun stepped towards the lump, but backed away and went over to the desk. He took a crumpled paper from the ground, and opened it up.

Dear Baekhyun, my first crush, love, and kiss,

I'm not good at letters, or confessions, but remember two years ago when I gave you that letter with cats on it? 

Baekhyun smiled. He had it framed on his wall.

It was the one I asked you out on because I was too scared to ask you in person. Haha. I was really surprised when you approached me and said "yes." It was a dream come true, and I could barely contain myself. The saturday following, remember how I took you to the zoo? It wasn't the most ideal first date, certainly very awkward for the both of us, and an elephant even blew water on you from its trunk. You were really miserable the rest of the date, but you continued to laugh at my jokes, and smile. Then on the bench in front of the lemur exhibit,  you leaned in and pressed your soft lips to mine, stealing my first kiss. It was pure ecstasy, for me at least. I knew it wasn't your first kiss, but I was still really happy, even if you smelled a little bit like the elephant exhibit. And even after that, you still went out on dates with me -- to the amusement park, to that art museum where we accidentally knocked over a sculpture and had to pay for it by working there for a summer -- and even celebrated our one month anniversary since we got together! I'm surprised you've lasted this long. I know I'm a kid at heart, and bringing you on childish dates; I remember you had come over to my house and we colored in coloring books because that was the only thing I could think of to do. I hear all the time from Sehun that I need to grow up if I want to continue dating you. I've tried, as you know. I took you on a date to a fancy restaurant wearing a suit that was too small for me. But all you did was laugh, and said I was fine the way I was and didn't need to change. That made me extrememly happy, you know. Now, this is all nostalgia and memories. I don't know how to go into this any other way, and I can't do it smoothly either. But, recently, you've seemed really distant, and I know it's because school and family things, and I get that. But... I feel as though the spark has disappeared. I still really love you. I really love you a lot, with my body and soul. I think about you all the time; when I'm at piano lessons, guitar lessons, family reunions I've been dragged to, weddings. Especially at weddings. I like to imagine it's us two on the stage, holding each other's hands, giving each other the rings, and agreeing to spend the rest of our lives together. That's how much I love you, and I may be going overboard at this point. It seems you don't love me anymore. I don't think you've even said "I love you" back in the two years. That's all I really wanted to hear from you, my first crush, love, and kiss, and I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I'm sorry if I wasn't enough for you. I'm not perfect, and it's hard for an imperfect human being to be with an angel such as yourself. 

There were a few water drops on the page from before, but as Baekhyun's eyes moved down, a few fresh tears were added, and it was hard for Baekhyun to even read the letter from the tears blurring his vision.

I've said it so many times, Baekhyun, and I'll say it again: I love you. But I think it's time we part ways. I will forever love you, you know, but I think it's time we find someone new. My time with you has been wonderful, and I loved every second of it, and it'll be hard to do this. I love you. Goodbye.

Baekhyun choked, and his hands began to shake. He dropped the letter and covered his face, trying to hide his tears. All this time, Chanyeol had only wanted to hear three simple words. Baekhyun had failed as a partner, and he didn't even deserve Chanyeol's bountiful love for him. It should've been Baekhyun who felt as though he wasn't enough. He wasn't an angel. He shouldn't be Chanyeol's angel either. He didn't deserve such a title.

There was a rustle of sheets, and a gasp.

"B-Baekhyun?"

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun sobbed, falling to his knees. Chanyeol scrambled from his bed, tripping on his sheets, and went over to his boyfriend. He wrapped his big arms around the small boy, and pulled him close. "Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol..."

"Baekhyun, what's wrong? What are you doing here?"

"I don't want you to leave me..." he said in a small voice.

"Wh --" Chanyeol looked over to the uncrumpled letter next to Baekhyun's leg. His eyes went wide. "Why did you read that? That -- that was supposed to be private, and -- and..."

"I'm sorry. I'm so ing sorry. I - I have been so awful to you." Baekhyun shook his head, and pushed away from Chanyeol. "I'm not an angel. I'm not. I'm a monster, and you're the one who shouldn't be with me, not the other way around. Please tell me you weren't going to give this to me... I don't think... I don't think I could live without you."

"Baekhyun..."

"Is this why you haven't been texting me? Because you're busy writing a breakup letter?"

"It's... I... Maybe..."

"I love you, Chanyeol. I love you so ing much it hurts. I don't know why, or how I haven't told you yet. And... and I love every part of you. I... I have your confession letter framed in my room and --" Baekhyun sniffed, and more tears fell from his eyes. He was unable to talk at this point. Chanyeol looked at him with wide eyes. "I love you... I love you I love you I love you."

"Hey, hey, Baekhyun, please don't cry anymore." Chanyeol swallowed back his own tears, and embraced Baekhyun once again.

"You're everything I could ask for, and then some. I love -- I love your... childish personality... and -- and I want to continue those awkward dates... and I love you."

Chanyeol laughed, letting his tears fall too. "I love you too, Baekhyun."


A/N: Brb crying in a corner I'm sorry what have I done?