Oneshot

And then I found coins on my way back home

Gongchan tapped his fingers on the table and nervously looked around. He fidgeted uncomfortably in his seat. His heart sank more at each moment that passed. He had been sitting in the middle of the restaurant for more than an hour, waiting for his boyfriend to arrive.

The waitress walked to him for the fifth time now, asking him if he wanted to order yet. He said no and smiled the best he could.

"I'll wait a bit more."

The slight saddened look she gave him as she walked away made him feel pathetic. People around him were also giving him pitying looks. He sighed heavily and shrunk in his chair, trying to make himself as small as possible.

Gongchan didn't know why he was still waiting, to be honest. He always managed to find the worst boyfriends ever, it was unbelievable. How he even started to date them was a wonder, they were all s. But this one certainly took the prize. No one had ever made such a fool of him.

Maybe he should just give up. Become a vegetable or something.

For some reason he still waited. He stayed more half an hour and felt like dying. A tiny, hopeless spot in his mind still wished his boyfriend was just overboard late. He checked his phone for any messages or lost calls. Nothing.

All the understanding people sending him glances made him feel like he was drowning in humiliation. Twenty more minutes passed and he was forced to accept his boyfriend wasn't going to show up. He felt his face heat up and he gulped down his tears.

He could order something so he wouldn't have occupied a table for nearly two hours for nothing (he hadn't had dinner yet, after all). It wasn't a fancy restaurant, but not as cheap that he would go there by himself. Plus the fact that he really didn't feel like eating alone when everyone around him knew he wasn't supposed to be alone.

Gongchan lowered his head, breathing deeply to compose himself so he could calmly walk out. A bell ringed, signalizing that someone just entered the restaurant. He paid it no mind, making a move to grab the jacket hanging on his chair. He froze when a figure dropped onto the seat in front of him.

"Oh, my god, babe, I'm so sorry! So, so sorry! My car crashed and I had to come by bus, and things are crazy out there."

Gongchan's momentarily hope died at the unfamiliar voice, instead replaced by confusion. He looked up. The man had brown hair, bangs parted a bit to the right, and big glasses over his eyes. He stumbled more loudly than necessary with apologies and excuses. However Gongchan could only stare in puzzlement.

"Who…?", he started but the other cut him off with a small smile.

"I'm Dongwoo, hi", the man whispered so only he could hear.

His voice was noticeably more awkward than before. He threw Gongchan an apologetic look.

"Sorry for whoever stood you up."

Then it clicked and Gongchan's expression cleared. By the corner of his eye he saw everyone dropping the sympathetic or curious eyes they had turned to him, satisfied with the outcome. Gongchan's chest felt much lighter and he smiled. He could seriously kiss this Dongwoo guy.

They called the waitress over and ordered. They talked before the food arrived; small talk, trying their hardest not to make it look awkward. It was enough for Gongchan to notice Dongwoo was a fairly quiet person, yet gentle and nice. He found himself enjoying the other's company. When they started eating, a comfortable silence settled between them, sometimes broken by another question or interesting story one of them had. Gongchan liked Dongwoo's voice, it was soothing.

After they finished, they paid and left. It was very late already, few cars still passing on the street. Gongchan felt bad for saying goodbye. They could feel a bit awkward, yes, but they had the potential to get along greatly. Not to mention Dongwoo saved his big time back there.

He turned to Dongwoo and opened his mouth to speak, but before he could the other pulled a pen from his pocked and reached out. Dongwoo grabbed Gongchan's hand, startling him, and scribbled something on the back. When he looked, there was a phone number written with blue ink. A sudden bubble of hope grew in his chest, but he wouldn't dare say something and be wrong in the end. He waited, masking the best he could the expectation in his eyes.

"We should go sometime on an actual date", Dongwoo muttered, suddenly sounding more embarrassed than he should be.

And Gongchan's breath stopped, eyes widening a bit. (He was right, he was actually right). He felt giddy on the inside, he was kinda happy for this. Scrath that, he was really happy. Maybe he finally found someone who was able to love anyone beside themselves. (He just prayed he was right on this as well, he was so tired of having his heart thrown around all the time). He nodded, trying to seem nonchalant, watching the blush creep onto Dongwoo's cheeks.

"Break up with your boyfriend first, though, he's a jerk."