Broken

Tears of Joy

*continued from previous chapter*

When Sehun went inside the house, Luhan regained his composure.

"Why did you come? I'm sorry its late and I'm really tired, if its not urgent, can you tell me tomorrow in school?" Luhan faked a  yawn and acted like he was going to sleep, but deep inside, his heart was aching when he saw Sehun's drenched and exhausted body.

"Luhan, please, tell me whats wrong. Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? If I did something wrong, tell me, I will change and apologise as many times as you want, just please don't ignore me"

"I-I...." At that moment, Luhan wanted to just tell Sehun everything, but he just couldn't. What if Sehun feels disgusted by his feelings? What if Sehun leaves him forever?  No, he can't afford to let that happen. He's already so far from Sehun, losing him would just break him completely.

"If its because of the rumours.... I'm sorry I really can't tell you yet.... the time is just not ripe."

"Didn't you promise me you would never keep anything from me? Why can't you tell me? Do I not deserve to know? Why?" Luhan was on the verge of tears.

"I-I have my reasons..... I really can't tell you... please stop asking" Sehun felt like his heart was being torn apart. he really didn't want this to affect their friendship. If it did, Sehun would never be able to stand it.

"Well then, please leave, there's nothing left to talk about anymore" Luhan put on his best calm face, hoping that Sehun would leave right away. He can't stand letting Sehun stay there; he can't hold back his tears for much longer.

"Luhan listen to me-" "Leave!" Luhan's voice broke.

Looking at how upset Luhan was, Sehun decided to leave and try to talk to Luhan the next day.

When Sehun closed the door, Luhan sat in the corner and broke down. It was all too much for him to handle. Luhan thinks that Sehun is really together with Sunmi, because if it wasn't the truth, Sehun would have told him that it's not the truth and wouldn't keep the truth from him. Luhan cried throughout the night, his mind going through all the past memories he had with Sehun. He wished he could return to the past and stay there forever. Now that Sehun is together with Sunmi, he thinks that he shouldn't be friends with Sehun anymore. If he sees Sehun behaving intimately with Sunmi, Luhan knows he will not be able to continue living. Luhan decides that he should ignore Sehun until the day he doesn't have any more feelings for him(if that day will come, that is).

************************

Luhan woke up feeling really tired. He didn't slept well last night, and his eyes were all puffy from crying. He walked slowly to school, trying to avoid meeting Sehun and his fangirls even though he knew he would still have to see Sehun beside him in class. Luhan walked along another corridor instead just in case Sehun decided to wait for him at the main corridor. When he was at the entrance of the class, he noticed a tall figure running towards the class and knew who it was right away. He walked quickly towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were in the midst of their daily bicker and sat down on the empty seat beside them. 

"Luhan hyung, why aren't you sitting with Sehun? Did you two fight? Was it about Sunmi What did he say?"

"H-He refused to tell me anything... I guess we would never be friends again..." 

Seeing how hopeless Luhan became, they patted Luhan on the back.

"Don't lose hope! There's always a solution-"

"Don't talk about him anymore" Luhan said as he glanced towards Sehun who was sitting with puffy eyes like him and quickly looked away.

****************************

 

Kai entered the class and saw Sehun looking really upset with gloomy eyes. He walked towards Sehun and sat down where Luhan used to sit before. 

"Hey! Whats wrong? Why isn't Luhan sitting with you? Did something happen?"

"It's a long story... We fought since yesterday and he has been ignoring my messages ever since"

 "Oh... don't worry, it will be okay, Luhan isn't the type to bear grudges"

"But this time he seems to be extremely upset, I have never seen him like this before. And I get the feeling he's hiding something from me"

***********************************

The Socialogy professor  came in and started on his lecture. During the lecture, Sehun would sneak glances at Luhan, not being used to the fact that Luhan was not sitting beside him. Sehun's heart ached when he saw Luhan's puffy eyes and knew he must have cried for a long time. Sehun decides that he has to settle the rumours and his feelings quickly so that he can tell Luhan the truth. 

When their break came, Sehun saw Luhan walking to the canteen with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, and his heart ached once again, knowing that Luhan won't be eating with him for a long while, not before he resolves the issues.

**************************

Luhan feels really grateful towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol because they were trying so much to comfort him. Being with them helped to lessen the pain a little, but everytime he sees Sehun he would still feel a sharp pain in his chest. After discussing with them throughout the break, Luhan decides that he would be friends with Sehun if he tells him the truth. He hopes that at least if Sehun tells him that he is together with Sunmi, maybe he would lose hope and they would be able to become good friends once again. 

When they walked back to class, they saw Sehun talking to some of the girls who were extremely popular and have all the "intelligence" about everyone's love life and rumours in school. Luhan wonders about what Sehun might be talking to them about, but decides that it would most probably be something about  school work since they were really good in studies.

But he doesn't know that Sehun is trying to settle the rumours about him and Sunmi.............

Author's note: first half was pretty dramatic and sad haha. Second half may be kinda repetitive(?) but I wanted to show both sides so that you guys get to know whats their attitude towards their rift. Next chapter should be about the investigation about the rumours and something important will happen at the end of the next chapter! Look forward to it and continue supporting me guys :D Um you can leave me comments below if you feel that something minor needs to be changed and I will try to change it :) By the way I made some changes to the foreword to show the characters to better fit this chapter